I think I'm in love :)
May 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

lejaz

Headphoneus Supremus
I think I finally found my true love, haha.....just picked up a second hand hd580 and this is the way music is supposed to sound!! Man the Beatles never sounded better....classic Miles Davis, etc., etc. The k702 won't be getting any head time for a while....at least for casual listening....still a good mixing tool. A big thanks to all the Head-fi'ers who recommended these cans so highly! I finally hear the low end the way it should sound....imo, that is. Back to the music....:)

May 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 56
congrats!

May 23, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 56

Hey fishski, long time no speak! Did you ever give these cans much head time....or the hd600? It sure is nice to get rid of that upper mid/treble resonant peak of the 702. I like the warmth of the senns too....probably what I need with a relatively bright source and amp.
Quote:
congrats!

May 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 56
Yes.   I've been singing the praises of the HD580 for a while myself.  Really fantastic cans!!  Enjoy
smile.gif

May 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 56

Quote:
Hey fishski, long time no speak! Did you ever give these cans much head time....or the hd600? It sure is nice to get rid of that upper mid/treble resonant peak of the 702. I like the warmth of the senns too....probably what I need with a relatively bright source and amp.

never the HD580.  the no-brainer recommendation for an excellent all-rounder is the HD600 or K601.  like a golden retriever, nothing offensive.

May 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 56
Yeah, they sound amazing with slow rock like Eagles, u2, scorpions etc. Had the chance to try them while i was on another city. Congrats!! 

May 23, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 56
True...they're a bit rolled off in the highs, but they never bite your ear off either.(good dog!) I'd prefer a bit relaxed over the other extreme any day. I'll never let go of the DT48...the mids just blow me away every time I put them on.....but they're too rolled off in the lows...and they're closed and VERY uncomfortable.  

Quote:

never the HD580.  the no-brainer recommendation for an excellent all-rounder is the HD600 or K601.  like a golden retriever, nothing offensive.

May 23, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 56
if by 580 you mean "Swbf2cheater" then yes, I agree I am very attractive ty, but I am not sure if i am okay with someone loving me without taking me to dinner first.  Lol, jk

im happy to hear that you enjoy a piece of gear so much, always puts a smile on my face

May 23, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 56
if by 580 you mean "Swbf2cheater" then yes, I agree I am very attractive ty, but I am not sure if i am okay with someone loving me without taking me to dinner first.  Lol, jk

im happy to hear that you enjoy a piece of gear so much, always puts a smile on my face

Handcheck.

May 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 56

Quote:

After the 702, the senns really put a smile on my face too. Plus, the AKG's never did electronica right, imo....these do the low end a lot better. Have no idea what the rest of your post means...

May 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 56
Quote:

It sounds like it will be similar to the HD598. Headfonia has said that these are voiced similar to a AKG K501, but better in almost every aspect. From what I hear from the HD598, I at least have to say they are one of my favorite sounding headphones that I have heard. It has a much more balanced midrange while still having a wide soundstage.

May 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 56
Careful Lejaz, if your K702 feels jealous enough it might just make you're newly acquired Sennheiser disappear.
wink_face.gif

May 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 56
The 580s are dope. They really are enjoyable. 

May 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 56

Quote:
Careful Lejaz, if your K702 feels jealous enough it might just make you're newly acquired Sennheiser disappear.
wink_face.gif

No need for jealousy....the 702 gets more than her share of love from other head-fi'ers....,maybe more than she deserves.. Mine may have to find herself a new home soon....or maybe I'll just have a harem.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 56
Quote:
No need for jealousy....the 702 gets more than her share of love from other head-fi'ers....,maybe more than she deserves.. Mine may have to find herself a new home soon....or maybe I'll just have a harem.
biggrin.gif

Lejaz, you dawg!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back