I switched over to Cans from IEMs........... you???
Jan 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lebomb

100+ Head-Fier
I had used IEMs for the last 10yrs, but I finally realized that they bothered my ears after a couple of hours of use.  All of them made my ears hurt after awhile.  I dealt with it, and loved the sound of good IEMs, but the pain finally took its toll.  Anyhow, have any of you all made the switch like I did?  I found some Cans with a similar sound signature as the SL99 IEMs that I sold.  The Sony MDR-V55s have great bass which is a neccessity to me, but also have amazing mids/highs.  I love these bad boys. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 13
I have finally found a pair of iem's that I enjoy for both sound and comfort. Vsonic gr07's. But I use full sized hp's most of the time still. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 13
I've never gone the custom IEM route, but I agree, with my funky ears, I could never get a perfect fit that would stay comfortable for me.   

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
Still use both, iem's have their place in terms of portability and being discreet.

Agreed. I use IEMs on the go, on airplanes & trains, and at the office. I use cans when I'm at home, both for playing instruments and when on the computer. It doesn't have to be a one or the other type of thing.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
I have finally found a pair of iem's that I enjoy for both sound and comfort. Vsonic gr07's. But I use full sized hp's most of the time still. 

Quote:
Still use both, iem's have their place in terms of portability and being discreet.

Agreed on both, except I own a GR01 instead of the GR07. I guess I like a bass light sound. Q701 and GR01 are my two current choices. 

An open headphone at home, and a well isolating, and easy to power IEM when out of the house. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #11 of 13
I'd be interested in hearing more about the gr01. I'm having a small love affair with the gr07 atm though. Just really enjoying them.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #12 of 13
I've never heard the GR07, so I can't compare. There are plenty of comparisons floating around here on head-fi though. Supposedly from what I've read, the GR01 has a bit less bass, but is tighter and faster, and has a smoother, less peaky treble, and overall just more resolution and detail. 
Quote:
I'd be interested in hearing more about the gr01. I'm having a small love affair with the gr07 atm though. Just really enjoying them.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 13
I still use both on a daily basis, IEMs when commuting/ in school, and my full sized cans at home with my computer. Only thing now is the fact that most of my music is in FLAC, and my iPhone can't play it without me converting, which takes too long :frowning2: first world audiophile problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back