Sep 8, 2012 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sagi

New Head-Fier
hey guys,
i need a close over-ear headphones recommendation,
I hear mostly dubstep hip - hop and electronic music,
I prefer to buy on eBay or any other site that offers to buy through paypal,
My budget is 50 USD
If you can find a website that sends to Israel it will be cool.
Thank you very much for the help!

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 11
hey guys,
i need a close over-ear headphones recommendation,
I hear mostly dubstep hip - hop and electronic music,
I prefer to buy on eBay or any other site that offers to buy through paypal,
My budget is 50 USD
If you can find a website that sends to Israel it will be cool.
Thank you very much for the help!

Brainwavz HM3... Not sure about ebay, but they are $50 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-HM3-BRAINWAVZ-On-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0067GNWB0

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 11
I think the Panasonic RT-HTF600 or the Sony MDR XB500 should be good.

Also I would take Superlux seriously...Superlux 668B / 661B / HD661 etc...

Cheerz!

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 11
By emitting music out, do you mean sound leakage?

If so then yes, XB500 has some leakage. Not to the degree of an open headphone, but it's noticeable if you're pumping the music.

201 and 205 are very good at keeping the music to yourself. Look into the 400 series as well if you're interested in getting a lower tier Senn. The 419 might be just above $50 right now, and the comfort is excellent. Sound quality-wise it's kinda that you get what you pay for conundrum. I think it's quite good for it's price. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 11
Ok,
What did you mean that you said to keep the music for myself?
I think go for the HD-201,
Are these headphones emitting out music?
The bass of headphones good?
In short, you think that the headphones are recommended?
Thank you!

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 11
It means that when you're listening to the 201 and 205, other people won't be able to hear the music due to sound leakage even at higher levels of volume.

I'm not quite certain what you meant by emitting out music. I originally thought you were asking about sound leakage, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

My time with the 200 series was very short. I gave them a listen just out of curiosity. But I just checked and they're $20 on Amazon, hopefully that pricing is not significantly exaggerated in your area of the world. If you're going from iBuds to a first "quality" headphone, I can imagine it will be a very pleasant experience for you. I will say that the 3m cable makes them not suitable for portable use on the go. So long as you're planning to use them in a home/office kind of place, that's not a huge problem.

Go ahead and give them a listen and see if you enjoy the Sennheiser line. If you do, the company makes great headphones all the way up to their flagship. Cheers!

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 11
Thank you very much for the detail,
Can you recommend a headphones that you listen to them and you also can recommend them from personal experience?
It would be good if the headphone cable is will be disconnected because I'm going to play them well at school / hiking / travel
Thank you!

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Thank you very much for the detail,
Can you recommend a headphones that you listen to them and you also can recommend them from personal experience?
It would be good if the headphone cable is will be disconnected because I'm going to play them well at school / hiking / travel
Thank you!

Closed, over ear headphones w/ a detachable cable for hip hop/EDM/dubstep around ~$50?

It's a bit tough! My knowledge of headphones under $100 isn't the best. 

The first one I haven't had personal experience with, but have only heard good things about. ThSuperlux HD 661 is closed with detachable cables and has been received favorably around here. I saw one up for grabs at $48 in the US.

The closest thing I can think of that I've had personal experience with I picked up for $70 new on sale, so you might have to go over budget for my recommendation. The V-Moda Crossfade comes to mind as a bassy headphone that meets all of your needs - it's not neutral as the lower end is emphasized, but they're a pair of very fun cans. You can throw them in your bag and never worry about them breaking on you. The included 2 detachable cables are extremely strong and if style is a factor for you, the headphones are quite the looker. 

Unfortunately, I checked Amazon just now and the headphones have gone up to ~$100 or so. I'm not sure you want to go that much over budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back