I need help choosing headphones!
Sep 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

babania

New Head-Fier
Hi boys and girls!

I'm totally  green about headphones so I need your help to choose one..  I like to listen music very loud & and love bass so what's the best version of these: Sony DR-S5; Pioneer SE-700; SENNHEISER HD 224; KOSS K/145  or  Sony MDR CD10?

Thanks a lot for your help!

cheers

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 8
at this moment only these I can get.. yeah I'm interested in vintage headphones.. all of them s*x?
confused_face.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #6 of 8
I had the Sony DR-S5 headphones, and they were bassy to the exclusion of all else. If you like your bass, then sure. Otherwise, I'd avoid. I've never heard of the Phillips 487, and I've only seen the CD10 and Koss K/145 on eBay. Meanwhile, the Pioneer SE-700 is reported to have a peak through the upper mids and to not be very bassy. I don't think I've heard much about the sound of the Sennheiser HD224, but the early Sennheisers were mostly repurposed microphone capsules, and were bass-light when used as headphone drivers.

Why are these your only options? Is someone offering to give you a pair from the above selection? What country do you live in? 

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 8
PHILIPS SBC 487 ELECTRODYNAMIC STEREO HEADPHONES

WITH VOLUME CONTROLS
Provided with volume controls perchannel.
Equipped with mono / stereo switch
Frequency range 20 - 20.000 Hz
Impedance 32 ohm
Maximum power input 200 mw
Sensitivity 105 db SP.L at 1 mw

I'm from Uk.. only them I found thats why I'm asking..
smily_headphones1.gif

by the way thank you
redface.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #8 of 8
If you want honest help, then post what your budgeted amount is and what music you listen to or what your sound preferences are (you did mention bass, so we can assume that's what you're interested in), and then ask for help in that. If you're looking for a particular aesthetic, then mention that.

Vintage headphones are not "better". They're often quite durable, but sound like sheit. Those Phillips SBC 487's will sound as follows: utter sheit. If you want my recommendation for cheap bass, go with a pair of JVC Flats. Amazon.co.uk says 10 pounds, with free shipping. Or, you could go with the Sony XD-200's, for an additional couple pounds.

I'll be frank and say, "If you're just advertising your own eBay listing, get off our forum."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back