I need details on headphone amps
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dudzy

New Head-Fier
I will most likely buy the m50's and idk if they need an amp or not but I kind of want to learn about amp. Do they always have to be plugged into the headphones? Also, do they really help that much and lastly are they worth the money (not sure of their price). Thanks, im new to this stuff.

Feb 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi, they dont really need an amp but most over ear headphones sound better with a headphone amp. Its all to do with the impedance of the hp's and matchng this with the amp. Most headphone amps cater for low and high impedance hp's but a small headphone out of a pc for example wont be able to drive high impedance headphones propely, they will be loud enough but will not sound as good as they can.

The m50's are low impedance and can be used with both mp3 players and straight from a pc and they are very versatile in that respect. Great sound and good bass aswell.  

If you were to get an amp, something like the Fiio E7 would good enough and would improve the sound, and with the built in dac( digital to analogue converter) your pc will sound alot better too.  

Feb 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 4
M50 sounds great with the E7. The DAC makes a helluva difference too. I'd start there. The M50 doesn't need much in the way of amping. I really loved them with the E7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back