I may be addicted.
Jul 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

thinkpol

100+ Head-Fier
First true experience with high quality audio.
I haven't been this happy in a long time! =)

Was skeptical but blindly went off the recommendations from these forums and ended up with the Darkvoice 3322 and Sennheiser HD650. It's AMAZING. Almost brought tears to my eyes.

First song I listened to was "It takes a muscle" by MIA. Not a favorite song or anything but it sounds RIDICULOUS through this!

This is going to make it sooo much easier to play songs by ear (on guitar).

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 31
Congrats! Most "normal" people....'cause you know we're special...but anyway, most normal people have no idea what great gear like this can sound like. They most likely cannot even imagine and wouldn't believe us anyway if we tried to convince them.

Poor bastards.

darthsmile.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 31
I'm relistening to 10,000 Days. Sounds soooo much better than when I saw them live (too loud!). 
I think my girlfriend's already convinced. Getting her some cans that I would like to use as well (dont tell her!)
This makes me want to go get some HD800s or W5000s. I can't imagine it getting any better than this and think I may experience a sensory overload induced seizure if it does... 

;-D

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 31

Quote:
A word of warning, better cans demand better gear.

L3000.gif

As well, sources that are highly compressed, poorly recorded, poorly encoded, or poorly performed also start sounding worse, rather than better.  I have bands that I really like that I have a hard time listening to because the songs just sound so darn awful.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 31
Congrats on the rig, Be prepared to drop mucho $ on a new setup as the hd 800 is a prima donna where only the best setup will make her truly sing.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 31
Congrats, now let me give you some advice. Stop now!!! Take your winnings and get as far away from headfi as possible and don't look back. You might not understand now, but your wallet will thank you later. I wish someone have told me this when I first joined. Now my wallet won't even speak to me. Sometimes it goes away and hide and I have to spend days and even weeks looking for it.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 31

Quote:
Congrats, now let me give you some advice. Stop now!!! Take your winnings and get as far away from headfi as possible and don't look back. You might not understand now, but your wallet will thank you later. I wish someone have told me this when I first joined. Now my wallet won't even speak to me. Sometimes it goes away and hide and I have to spend days and even weeks looking for it.

i had to sell my wallet to get a new amp.

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back