I just ordered the Sony CD3000 headphones
May 15, 2003 at 7:20 PM Post #31 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
So I will not be swayed by you to get a 2000 cd sack playe

Hehe, y'know we just love spending other peoples money
smily_headphones1.gif

But the Phillips 963sa player Duncan mentioned can be had for only $400, and it also doubles up as a DVD player. I'm not sure if you've read up on it (or if you want to... doing so might make you want to buy it!), but a lot of people think it's a stellar bargain. I'm considering picking one up myself... and I am far far far from rich.

May 15, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #32 of 100
WHY!!!!!! WHY DO SOURCES COST SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! >
frown.gif
i still cant find a currently available pcdp for under $100 and probably not even under $200 and that's my max!!! stupid money... i wish i were in iraq.. then i could just go around looting stuff... ohhhh... that would be so lovely
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #33 of 100
Quote:

Nightfall
HI: How are you? Thank you for your post. Your post makes me even more excited but now makes the wait even worst than before. LOL. I once owned the 890s that had a Hugh soundstage and really like that but there were other problems with the cans that I sold them but did miss the sound stage. The AT A1000 were my best cans so far but I must give them away and hope for a better can than the AT A1000 that I also felt were to dynamic and could not listen to for a long time. I am hoping that the CD3000 are not as dynamic as the A1000 and I can listen to them for a long time. That is why I bought the senn. 590s + Equinox because I can listen to them all day if I feel like it. I really don't know how dynamic the CD3000 are but will find out. Can you listen to them for long periods of time?

Lou,

I have just listened to them for four hours with not the slightest fatigue. Granted, the amp and source is important, but you have a very good amp already, I expect you will be fine. The one factor that concerns me is the source, as others have noted, and I am a big minidisc fan, but it simply wouldnt be my choice.
One possible option, in the next couple months , I may have a mint condition, wonderful sounding Philips 963SA that will be offered at a nice price to fellow Head-Fi'ers keep an eye out for that, it might be just what you need.

JC

May 16, 2003 at 5:24 AM Post #35 of 100
Quote:

Nightfall
HI: I get the cd3000 tomorrow so I will see how my setup sounds. Just think. I ordered the cans WEN. night and they shipped Thur and I will get them tomorrow. WOW.

That IS amazing. Man, I wish I could get a pair of CD3000 myself. As far as I can tell from reading in this forum, there really isn't much else that's as good in the price range. Congrats on your acquisition, LTUCCI1924!!!

May 16, 2003 at 6:50 AM Post #36 of 100
Hey LTUCC,

Be sure to let us know also how you compare the CD3000's to the W1000's. From what I've read, they're pretty much equal with each representing their own strengths. I'm very curious about what you will think
smily_headphones1.gif
Take care and good luck. And enoy having the fastest shipment on a pair of headphones that I've ever seen, you lucky dog you
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #37 of 100
Yeah I'd like an opinion on how the CD3000s stack up against the ATs

May 16, 2003 at 5:03 PM Post #42 of 100
Quote:

HI This is the very very best sound that I have ever hear bar none. The headphones are burning in now but I just know I will be at them very soon. These headphones are a concert hall on your head.

Early signs of biocellulose addiction...

May 16, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #44 of 100
Quote:

Mike Scarpitti
HI: How are you? These cans have a lot of organic stuff in them. I thing they grow them on a vine. LOL

I used to have the CD1000, so I know what biocellulose addiction is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back