I just ordered the Sony CD3000 headphones
May 19, 2003 at 6:06 PM Post #76 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Out of my GILMORE V2 they are just awesome and the end of the line for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lou,

I hope that they are not the end of the line for you Lou for two selfish reasons 1) I truly enjoy your posts when you buy new stuff and go through the anticipation of receipt and first weeks of enjoyment, and, 2) I would like a pair of CD-3000's. So when you find something better please remember I asked to buy your used 3000's first.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #78 of 100
I got two more questions for you. Do they let a lot of outside noise in. And second I know you said they were comfortable but would they be comfortable to wear for 7+ hours. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy em.

May 19, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #80 of 100
LTUCCI1924, can you give us a little more in-depth comparison on the cd3000 vs 580+ Equinox? I currently have the 580, and I was looking into upgrading the cable to the Equinox, but if the cd3000 is that good, I might consider taking that route instead.

May 19, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #82 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Knocturnal
I got two more questions for you. Do they let a lot of outside noise in. And second I know you said they were comfortable but would they be comfortable to wear for 7+ hours. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy em.

After owning them for over 5 months,

1. They only isolate the outside noise by a little bit, like about half of how loud it normally is. In other words, not very much. If you listen in a noisy environment, these are not for you. They leak next to nothing out, but let almost everything in.

2. You could wear them all day and never have any problems at all. The slightest issue is with the warth of the pads sitting on your head might get sweaty.

May 20, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #84 of 100
Thanks LTUCCI1924, I will definately look into the cd3000 when the time comes. My only gripe about the HD580 is that at times the vocals sound distant. Hopefully, I'll be able to give all these options a listen first and find out which one best suits my needs.

May 20, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #86 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
they are just awesome and the end of the line for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2003 at 12:16 PM Post #89 of 100
Lou, I'm not sure if this was addressed before, but I did a brief search and nothing popped up:

How is the isolation of the CD3000's?

I'd take them out with me to the local Starbucks or Barnes and Noble to study, and would like to shut out a bit of outside noise, while keeping noise inside the headphones to myself. Are they like the Eggos? (closed cans yet still let in a bit of sound)

How much does an amp benefit the CD3000's?

I'm in the process of deciding between Supermini V6 and Meta Mint, and thinking of supermini v6 because of the uber-portability, but would go MINT if the CD3000's are sensitive enough to justify the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back