I just ordered the Sony CD3000 headphones
Jun 5, 2003 at 6:59 AM Post #91 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
My Cd3000 are for home use with my home amp. But the Cd3000 can be run-ed out of anything at 32 ohms. The E2c are 16 ohms at 105 db and can be used out of my 5 m/w minidisc.
As far as an amp goes these are high end cans and the better the power the better the sound. What really is the case is that because they are only 32 ohms they need lots of current that a good amp will give them. I use my GILMORE V2 and wow.

what about the CD3000 without an amp? have you tried them out of the minidisc?
I would use a pair of these cans out of an iPod at home.... is it a crazy idea?
biggrin.gif

thanks
jacopi|!

Jun 5, 2003 at 10:41 AM Post #93 of 100
I'll be receiving my CD3000 next week and will be using my Gilmore amp. I'm seriously thinking of building a Morgan Jones. But I'm still waiting for some feedback from CD3000/MJ amp users before diving in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2003 at 1:20 PM Post #94 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I can use the CD3000 out of my minidisc with no amp. But I always use a amp with all my cans. The i pod has great power by its self and I think the Sony CD3000 would sound very good with it.

thank you.... I'm a newbie and dont know anything about impedance, power and can's amplification

by now, I'm pretty undecided between a pair of grados (225 or 335) and these sony cd3000

the impedance is the main factor to deal with, using these cans directly from a portable source, right?

jacopi|!

Jun 5, 2003 at 1:28 PM Post #95 of 100
just to be sure you guys understand the answer between the lines.....
biggrin.gif

would it be better a Grado325 or sony CD3000 for a non-amp use with an iPod (alt|pop|rock)
tongue.gif

thank you so much!
smily_headphones1.gif

j|!

Jun 5, 2003 at 1:32 PM Post #96 of 100
Yes, you will get sound out of the CD3000s and your ipod, but I'm sure you realize that a can like the CD3000 has much more to offer you if you get a decent amp and a good budget CDP for them. It could be argued that the CD3000s *might be* a bit of overkill given your current set-up. Do you plan on eventually getting an amp or a good CDP (say Phillips 963SA)?

Mark

Jun 5, 2003 at 4:29 PM Post #98 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Yes, you will get sound out of the CD3000s and your ipod, but I'm sure you realize that a can like the CD3000 has much more to offer you if you get a decent amp and a good budget CDP for them.

sure, I've got a quite good onkyo set too (CD player + amp)
but I'm not going to get a headphone amp in the next future to aid the iPod driving the cans

between grados and sony it's a hard decision
I really like the CD3000's design, and heard they should also be far more confortable...

but grado 325 seem to have a great sound too....

the dramatic thing is that I wont be able to hear them so I have to make a blind choice, based on reviews and opinios collected on this forum....
tongue.gif

jacopi|!

Jun 18, 2003 at 6:45 PM Post #99 of 100
Quote:

HI: I am confused. My CD minidisc deck sounds great with the GILMORE amp and my CD3000. Have you heard this combo. Every one assumes its not good but how many of you heard this combo? I sit and listen to it and it sounds great. I know a better source will sound even better but it sounds great now.

Of course they sound good. If you used any decent source they will sound "good". You have a weak link in your system... your source. Makes no sense to have a poor/decent source and a great amp/cans. Get you a decent cdp and hear the difference... I cant stand compressed garbage through my equipment...which is not even as good as yours. Audition a decent cdp for a few weeks and you'll know... Just find a place that you can return it within 30 days if you dont like it (if there is such a place). The reason why everyone "assumes" this combo is not optimal is because ITS COMPRESSED MINIDISC GARBAGE. In audio quality terms: 99.9% of the time compressed minidisc will not be equal or greater than an uncompressed cd. Its not an assumption...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back