I just got my dream job.
Mar 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #166 of 210
Good luck with your new job. Should be challenging and I hope to be around to see what you come up with.

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #167 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryptonique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll,

This might not be the right thread for this, but I recently bought a pair of HD-650s (recabled- Cardas), an Ultra Micro Amp, a Cardas interconnect, and the Astrodyne Power supply from you guys.

All I can say is: HOLY SMOKES! I have had this system for a little over a month now and it kicks my ass every time I listen to my music (ALAC files).

I can't wait to see how you guys improve the company and the new product (or product lines) you might be introducing. You guys really DO get it right and that means so much to people who care about audio. I had such a great experience with you guys that when I have the money for a DAC or any other nifty products you might be introducing, I will definitely be checking you guys out first.

-Evan

Your system is near identical to mine. I have the Ultra Micro Dac as well. I'm very happy now, my only curiosity being to try another set of cans.

I agree with you that they're a nice bunch, and deserve some encouragement to continue improving their business for which there is a lot of scope.

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #168 of 210
Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this thread. What an epic story. Tyll, even though I've never met you, you've left quite an impression on me. Glad that you got your dream job. I hope in the future you start a blog (or use twitter) as you always seem to have something interesting to say.

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #169 of 210
I can say that my entry into this hobby is entirely the result of headroom, and your great product descriptions. I started out with a pair of sony v6s I'd listen to straight out of my sony dat, and never really felt like I was missing out. Then one of my "taper" buddies showed up at a show with a pair of etymotics. A few web searches later and I was down the rabbit hole. I have faith that you'll help headroom make it through the tough patch and emerge stronger from the other side. Can't wait to have a meal or 2 with you come canjam.

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #170 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to make it my avatar but that would just be sick and disgusting.

Yeah... hmmm... I can't really decide where the cult of the belly button is the next best thing since sliced bread or something best left alone in a dark corner
confused.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #171 of 210
Tyll, I hope you should spend your time keeping the excellent website and descriptions going, and going out and touching base with the "user community". I discovered hi-fi headphones through Headroom and made me first high end purchase through it too (and many subsequent ones) that was almost entirely due to the great descriptions and obvious enthusiasm shown in them.

Knowing that people love what they do makes you want to be a part of it.

Just my 2 cents

Also I should mention the insanely good customer service I have always recieved, you not only fixed my problem but did it with a smile on your "face" (I can't see over the phone).

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #172 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah... hmmm... I can't really decide where the cult of the belly button is the next best thing since sliced bread or something best left alone in a dark corner
confused.gif

In the immortal words of Lennon and McCartney:

"Let it be."

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #176 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Harvard MBA

As an underprivileged MBA graduate from a mid-level Catholic university, struggling with a full time job during the day and going to b-school at night, I am immediately biased against him. I will try not to blame the board for going with a brand name and trust Travis will also be able to overcome this shortcoming.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #177 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryptonique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw this news:

Explosion collapses 3 buildings in Bozeman, Mont.

Hopefully HeadRoom wasn't part of that!

I saw all the smoke and fire trucks coming back from the hospital this morning.

And someone sent my son Andrew a pic on his cell phone. The building was completely colapsed.

And my bellybutton is fine ... feels fine anyway. The nice nurse said to alternate the happy pills with ibuprofen every two hours. I'm happy so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back