I just got my dream job.
Mar 5, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #151 of 210
Tyll is going to be the new Marketing/Strategy guy for Headroom. He will be the soul purpose for bringing in new business to Headroom, and spreading the word over the Internet.
bigsmile_face.gif

Hmmm, Headroom logo on a Nascar!

Happy Listening!

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #153 of 210
Seriously Tyll, I cant begin to tell you how many goosebumps and tingle up the spine moments I have with this set up. Plus, the Denon 2000s are really coming into their own. How it gets better I dont know, but I plan to find out. So keep apologizing Tyll!!!! By the way, can I put "Tyll's Belly-Button Fan Club President" in my signature?
Kevin

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #154 of 210
Tyll I think anything that allows you to spend more time in the trenches spreadin' the HeadRoom message is a good thing. Nobody could ever do a better job as the HeadRoom spokesman. Heck you invented this marketplace!

And with someone else to watch the bottom line, I can't help but think you're more able to do that thing you do.

My only concern in this economy is research. I hope you can still manage to develope some new products, because we're a fickle group, and we like new toys. Especially when it comes to the ever changing world of DACs. I think many of us would much rather give HeadRoom our money than some faceless company that's not supporting our hobby like you do. HeadRoom is part of our family, and I hope we can help each other through these tough times.

I've been watching your progress and drooling over HeadRooms new gear since it's inception.

Dr. Wood

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #155 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, can I put "Tyll's Belly-Button Fan Club President" in my signature?

Go ahead, mate, I aim to please.

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #156 of 210
I'm still home sick like the last post I made in this thread, but I've been reading earnestly. Tyll, I sincerely wish the best for you and the remaining staff at Headroom. You guys were the ones that finally got me on board the Head-fi bandwagon with all the fantastic headphone write-ups and neat amps to drool over. Just make sure the new CEO doesn't lose track of what made Headroom so great in the first place- customer service and honesty!
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #157 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gone are Andrew, Sten, Debbie, Lori, Tara, Andi, Joe, and Jeanne. But Ivy, Roz, Jorge, Jeremy, Ben, Mike, Mario, Trav (different one), Matt, Susan, and myself with Travis remain.

Tyll, good luck with your new job!!

which engineer designed the Headroom eletronic modules? You, Joe or someone else?
popcorn.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #159 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fanboys! You gotta love 'em.

Thanks Kevin. Sorry about your wallet, dude.

Tyll,

This might not be the right thread for this, but I recently bought a pair of HD-650s (recabled- Cardas), an Ultra Micro Amp, a Cardas interconnect, and the Astrodyne Power supply from you guys.

All I can say is: HOLY SMOKES! I have had this system for a little over a month now and it kicks my ass every time I listen to my music (ALAC files).

I can't wait to see how you guys improve the company and the new product (or product lines) you might be introducing. You guys really DO get it right and that means so much to people who care about audio. I had such a great experience with you guys that when I have the money for a DAC or any other nifty products you might be introducing, I will definitely be checking you guys out first.

-Evan

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #160 of 210
Tyll,

Thanks for the great "story." It is great to know that HeadRoom will continue to exist and that you will get your dream job. I have used the HeadRoom site numerous times (too numerous to count). I am ashamed to say that the HD800 was my first big purchase from HeadRoom. I have thought about buying many amps from HeadRoom but have never taken the plunge. Maybe because they are opamp based? Who knows. However, right now I am stuck in Indiana for the week with nothing but but an ipod and a pair of Klipsch X10. It is times like these that I wish I had a transportable HeadRoom amp, namely, the HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp!
biggrin.gif
Maybe this (or the Headroom Balanced Desktop) will be my next purchase after my wallet recovers from the HD800 and WA5LE.

Sadly, I missed out on the time that Headroom made an appearance in Houston. Hopefully the van will pay us a visit sometime in the near future. In the meantime, I will certainly make it to the HeadRoom table at CanJam and check out the HeadRoom gear.

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #161 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always wanted to go into marketing...

OK, but there's a two drink minimum.

Except on barbeque Tuesdays.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #164 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make small stuff so you can pack them on the bike for the road trips. Now that would be my dream job.

Mobile balanced system please!

Power to the belly button!

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #165 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Power to the belly button!

I was going to make it my avatar but that would just be sick and disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back