I just got my dream job.
Mar 1, 2009 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 210

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Interesting doings here at HeadRoom, go grab a cup of coffee and take a seat, I'll tell you a little story:

Back around October sales started to fall. November it got worse. Something hit the fan somewhere, and the economy was tanking.

We started some cost savings efforts, and were keeping our fingers crossed
for a nice Christmas season to show up.

Well, that hardly didn't happen.

Ruh roh.
confused_face.gif

Oh darn, I just get started and my daughter needs to go to the store. I guess we'll draw this one out. Be back in a little while.

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 210
The cuts and Christmas were helping, but the damn economy was hitting hard. What to do?

I told my boss (yes, I only own about 30% of HeadRoom, so I have a boss) that things were looking pretty sad, and if the economy was really off as bad as it looked, we'd have to do some serious stuff in the new year.

He took it pretty seriously, because he went back and talked with the big boss and some business consultants.

Then stuff really started to happen.....

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 210
No hurries, no worries. When you're ready to open up, we'll be here
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 210
Not sure what to say!
Happy for you that you got your dream job. But sad to hear that the company is highly affected by the current US economy situation.

Best wishes!
smile.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No hurries, no worries. When you're ready to open up, we'll be here
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep. Don't worry it'll get better. My dad works at a wood shop that only makes doors and cabinets, in Dec. and Jan., there were weeks where he only worked 25 hours a week, suddenly he and the company he works for had to work a couple of weekends because they had so many orders. Hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back