I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Feb 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #3,707 of 3,761

Quote:
Might as well ask in here since people are reading the thread...

If you buy a Japanese Walkman then they say language cannot be set to English. What about Hong Kong Walkman, what with English being one of the official languages?
tongue.gif

If the model name has NWZ in it, then it will support english, as far as i know, all HK walkmans come with english as an option, it is only the japanese models or the NW models that have no english.

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #3,708 of 3,761
I've just made a last.fm group for the Sony Walkman X series ! So we can show off
tongue.gif

I'll put some tips and tricks I've found here and there.

http://www.last.fm/group/Sony+Walkman+X+Series

Feel free to join, Im the only member yet!
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #3,710 of 3,761

Quote:
Can anyone compare the x series to the a85x ? They both have s-ampli technology but the latter is cheaper.

The latter is cheaper because the former is touchscreen, and also discontinued. Never got to hear either one, but the lower-end Sonys sound quite nice to me.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #3,713 of 3,761

Quote:
Hi All,

Just wondering whether anyone has even tried to open the Sony X to replace the battery...is it even feasible??

What mh battery is it?

I tried searching for a replacement battery and found nothing. I would not bother if I were you. Instead, try conditioning the battery by running a few ful recharge/ discharge cycles. Then run a few partial charges/ discharges and see if that helps. It did in my case.

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #3,714 of 3,761
I wonder if Sony can service the X with a new battery.... 

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #3,719 of 3,761
Hey Guys :D

I purchased this Player a week ago from a pawnshop (sometimes they have good stuff) here in Mexico , for 1500 pesos (130 dollars) and i am absolutely blown away by the cristal clear sound this thing produces ....... I consider my Sansa Clip one of the best mp3 players i have heard but this Sony makes my Sansa Sound like an Archos 605 (video quality good , sound quality ......pathetic) , like others have stated already , this Players packs a lot of power , with The clip i had to listen to -20 in quiet enviroments and -10 in loud enviroments  (Rockboxed Sansa Clip and RE0 btw) , with this player i use it at 8 till 10 depending on the loudness of the recording in quiet enviroments and 13 till 15 in loud enviroments , it makes my RE0 sound like a completely different IEM , i dont even touch the EQ Settings or the clear stereo because i dont need it , i was just about to pull the trigger on a Fiio E11 but now that i have this Player i just dont think i can justify the cost if this combo X1051 and Re0 already sounds this good .......... all in alla the best 130 dollars i have spent in a long time
etysmile.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #3,720 of 3,761

Quote:
Hey Guys :D

I purchased this Player a week ago from a pawnshop (sometimes they have good stuff) here in Mexico , for 1500 pesos (130 dollars) and i am absolutely blown away by the cristal clear sound this thing produces ....... I consider my Sansa Clip one of the best mp3 players i have heard but this Sony makes my Sansa Sound like an Archos 605 (video quality good , sound quality ......pathetic) , like others have stated already , this Players packs a lot of power , with The clip i had to listen to -20 in quiet enviroments and -10 in loud enviroments  (Rockboxed Sansa Clip and RE0 btw) , with this player i use it at 8 till 10 depending on the loudness of the recording in quiet enviroments and 13 till 15 in loud enviroments , it makes my RE0 sound like a completely different IEM , i dont even touch the EQ Settings or the clear stereo because i dont need it , i was just about to pull the trigger on a Fiio E11 but now that i have this Player i just dont think i can justify the cost if this combo X1051 and Re0 already sounds this good .......... all in alla the best 130 dollars i have spent in a long time
etysmile.gif

Welcome to the club

Users who are viewing this thread

Back