I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jan 16, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #3,691 of 3,761
Those who have um3x and headstage arrow with sony x please try this: EQ- clear bass +1, 0 0 -1 +1 +1. Arrow settings: bass, cross and imp 0 , gain 1 volume half way. No hiss and the forwardness in um3x is solved with a little bit of sparkle that they need.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #3,692 of 3,761
I have had my X1060 for over a year now and just started noticing that space is becoming an issue. Since I use it on the go mainly and never know what I want to listen to during the trip I prefer to have all the music with me.

Has anyone searched for an upgrade with as great design/ sound quality and much more than 32GB nand flash? 

I would prefer to avoid HDDs as they are big, noisy and vulnerable. I also do not want anything very big, unless it is really good and could also serve as a tablet for watching movies on the go.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I need the device to have a LOD option so I can bypass the built-in amp and use a dedicated one.

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #3,693 of 3,761

My X1060 gets older; sometimes the right channel drops out.
And since I owned the X1060 (2 years) I built up an extensive FLAC-library for use with my Squeezebox Touch.
I'm considering a 32GB Cowon J3, with a slot for another 32GB card; enough for ap. 200-300 albums, the owners are enthusiastic.

Quote:
I have had my X1060 for over a year now and just started noticing that space is becoming an issue. Since I use it on the go mainly and never know what I want to listen to during the trip I prefer to have all the music with me.

Has anyone searched for an upgrade with as great design/ sound quality and much more than 32GB nand flash? 

I would prefer to avoid HDDs as they are big, noisy and vulnerable. I also do not want anything very big, unless it is really good and could also serve as a tablet for watching movies on the go.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I need the device to have a LOD option so I can bypass the built-in amp and use a dedicated one.

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #3,694 of 3,761

Quote:
My X1060 gets older; sometimes the right channel drops out.
And since I owned the X1060 (2 years) I built up an extensive FLAC-library for use with my Squeezebox Touch.
I'm considering a 32GB Cowon J3, with a slot for another 32GB card; enough for ap. 200-300 albums, the owners are enthusiastic.

Mine is still working ok but space is becoming an issue. I have been searching for a few days and have found nothing so far with a lot of space/ goos SQ and a true LO like in the case of X Series. I will have to wait and hope that Sony release something nice soon :frowning2:

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #3,698 of 3,761
This is a discusion thread not a FS area lets keep it that way thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 

For anyone interested, my Sony X1061 (the American 32GB version) is up for sale: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/532571/fs-32gb-sony-nwz-x1061-no-volume-cap-like-new-includes-original-sony-leather-case

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #3,699 of 3,761

Quote:

Quote:

For anyone interested, my Sony X1061 (the American 32GB version) is up for sale: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/532571/fs-32gb-sony-nwz-x1061-no-volume-cap-like-new-includes-original-sony-leather-case

Since you've been a member here for 11 months and you have spotted my heinous crime, I hope you also take the time to go back on this thread in the last 11 months and give the same reminder to others who have written similar posts. And while you're at it, you may want to do the same in so many other threads where people have written similar posts.

And just for your information, my very 'offensive' and inappropriate post on this thread was in large part due to the very fact that the the Sony X is no longer being sold in Europe and someone reading this thread - who may not know about our for sale forum - may actually appreciate the fact that one of these DAPs is currently being sold in Europe. If you also bother to check my +20 feedback on head-fi, and do a thorough search, you'll notice I'm not exactly in the habit of advertising my sales in other threads.

You've been a member for 11 months and only have 10 posts and one of your posts is to do with my post written nearly 2 weeks ago? I have to say that that is indeed VERY interesting and rather curious.

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #3,700 of 3,761

Quote:

Quote:
question how long can you hold out on a new mp3 player?

I can wait if I know there is something coming up that will be at least as good as X1000 or better. With a true LOD too.

Did you have something in mind? Cowon D3?

well not the D3, that has some laggy issues with the UI, but I meant something new from sony, if you can wait it is worth it.

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #3,701 of 3,761
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamX 

Quote:

Since you've been a member here for 11 months and you have spotted my heinous crime, I hope you also take the time to go back on this thread in the last 11 months and give the same reminder to others who have written similar posts. And while you're at it, you may want to do the same in so many other threads where people have written similar posts.

And just for your information, my very 'offensive' and inappropriate post on this thread was in large part due to the very fact that the the Sony X is no longer being sold in Europe and someone reading this thread - who may not know about our for sale forum - may actually appreciate the fact that one of these DAPs is currently being sold in Europe. If you also bother to check my +20 feedback on head-fi, and do a thorough search, you'll notice I'm not exactly in the habit of advertising my sales in other threads.

You've been a member for 11 months and only have 10 posts and one of your posts is to do with my post written nearly 2 weeks ago? I have to say that that is indeed VERY interesting and rather curious.

no need to get angry when its been said by mods before to not use discussion threads to sell gear. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #3,702 of 3,761

Quote:
well not the D3, that has some laggy issues with the UI, but I meant something new from sony, if you can wait it is worth it.

I am hoping Sony will come out with a replacement for my X. I have been using Walkmans for a few years now and am perfectly happy with what the high-end ones offer - I can wait even more than a few months if something really good is going to happen :)

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #3,704 of 3,761

Quote:
Firmware upgrade for FLAC support would be great... Media GO now supports Flac, so why not the X player? :/

None of the Sony DAPs support flac...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to either.

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #3,705 of 3,761
Might as well ask in here since people are reading the thread...

If you buy a Japanese Walkman then they say language cannot be set to English. What about Hong Kong Walkman, what with English being one of the official languages?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back