I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Aug 8, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #3,556 of 3,761

Quote:

No it's much better in every aspect, head-fi is well known as 'sansa is the best, rockboxed it's even better then hifiman :D' I have a laugh every time when somebody writing that kind of bull
dt880smile.png
Get real people, your sansas are average at best.

The X is a great DAP - it has a seamless UI, great OLED screen etc. But does it sound any better than my Rockboxed Clip+ or my other players?

No, hence my using the others day to day; they're easier to carry about and sound as good.

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #3,557 of 3,761

Quote:

No it's much better in every aspect, head-fi is well known as 'sansa is the best, rockboxed it's even better then hifiman :D' I have a laugh every time when somebody writing that kind of bull
dt880smile.png
Get real people, your sansas are average at best.

Whatever dude....do you have a rockboxed Sansa to compare? Look below...someone that actually has both an X-series and a rockboxed Sansa has something to say...

Quote:

The X is a great DAP - it has a seamless UI, great OLED screen etc. But does it sound any better than my Rockboxed Clip+ or my other players?

No, hence my using the others day to day.

Well said, my friend.
L3000.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #3,558 of 3,761
 What settings do you need to apply in Rockbox to make your clip sound like the Sony Dreamnine? 

Since Rockbox alone won't change the sound you need EQ and Crossfade and stuff turned on from what I've seen to change the sound

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #3,559 of 3,761
Well you have bass, treble, crossfeed, stereo width plus a parametric equaliser..it's just a matter of experimenting until you find something you like and is suited to your music and iems/phones then saving the setting.

But my U5 with DNSe3 sounds as good to my ears as the X also.

I used to believe the hype that x player sounded better than y - but it was just mostly hype. Played flat most players sound the same to me; some have better EQ options than others.

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #3,560 of 3,761
Ok, I bought a Sony NWZ B153R (I love those names) to test alongside my X.

Listening to The Bee Gees - To Love Somebody back and forth between the 2 players they sound exactly the same to me.

The X is louder - I don't have to turn up the volume nearly as much as the stick player, but the NWZ B153R has a snazzy shuttle dial, Zap-in feature and nice shiny LEDs that pulse with the music.

I love it.

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #3,561 of 3,761
recently bought a silicone case for my X, all the stores here were sold out so I had to order online

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/x-series-silicone-case.html

I checked 4-5 stores here and nothing and found an ad on my blog that directed me to a website that had it in stock. lol

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #3,563 of 3,761

Quote:
Hi guys!

I just wanna ask something. If I use an LOD for the X series, since the S-master amp is digital, the S-master amp will still be in use, right?

Although the S-master does amplify the signal while it is in the digital domain, I'm pretty sure the LOD will bypass the amplification stage.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #3,564 of 3,761
Anyone know a good playlist editor besides Explorer? I'd like to recatagorize my songs with as much efficiency as possible.

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #3,565 of 3,761
Anybody had compared this player to the Cowon Iaudio 9 ?

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #3,566 of 3,761
Yes, I had both - the X is a more polished product. The i9 - although sounding good - was a pita to use as far as I was concerned.

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #3,567 of 3,761
User of the sony LOD, do you observe a significant drop in battery life?

When i use the headphone out, i can clock approximately 5 days (2 hours each)
With the Line out, i only get abt 3 days (2 hours each)

Quote:

Although the S-master does amplify the signal while it is in the digital domain, I'm pretty sure the LOD will bypass the amplification stage.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #3,568 of 3,761

Quote:
I used to believe the hype that x player sounded better than y - but it was just mostly hype. Played flat most players sound the same to me; some have better EQ options than others.

Well, I've had plenty of players and none of them have sounded the same to me on a flat setting, except for perhaps my Sony daps, which all share a similar sound signature.

I had the Fuze for a long time too, and I enjoyed it while I had it, but it doesn't compare with the X in my opinion. Sony's are not known to have a big soundstage, but it's big compared with the Fuze, which I found to be narrower than any other dap I've heard. The bass is better defined with the X and vocals are more forward, with the treble having more life.

There are always going to be different opinions about the same product, but I have yet to hear any of my daps sounding the same on flat. The Cowon S9 for example, sounds crap on a flat setting, a fact which the majority of owners will agree with.

For whoever it was who asked if an amp drains the battery much faster, I'm demo'ing cn11's Arrow amp for a while.... 
biggrin.gif
so I'll keep a note of the battery drain.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #3,569 of 3,761
Been using the X for a long time, until I misplaced it in some bar (along with the phones). I was pissed at myself at first, then felt relief after a while as I started to dig through all the info about other options out there (and I love info... I love options... I love me some new toys!). But then at some point I just stopped. After approx. 13 seconds my route was set to the SonyStore. I just bought another X1060 without any hesitation whatsoever. Too bad I had to wait for another pair of IE8 for a couple of days, but now I'm enjoying my music through X + IE8 again as I write this. iPods (various nanos, classics, touch), Clip+, S9, other Walkmans (S639 and A828) just don't cut it anymore (believe me, I tried). Same goes for phones. It's all about synergy, about chemistry. Between different equipment, and between equipment and your mind. I heard so many people trash IE8 and even the X and still I just felt so good that after so many trials and errors I was able to find what really gets me enjoying what I hear. Doesn't really matter if one player is sonically more authentic than the other. As long as you can't remember a single face while you're walking somewhere with your music, can't think of any annoying noises, the weather, etc. - then just stop looking and appreciate the feeling. Why write all that crap? Because to me, this player is just amazing (and I get to bump the thread which went way down for some reason). Thanks to Sony by the way. If you're still out there looking for a new player, try this one too. And I'm off for a bike ride with my portable, just because I can, and I'm gonna ride reeeeal slow. Signing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back