I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 15, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #3,586 of 3,761
Yeah, I think the battery life on mine is diminishing too. I've entertained the notion of picking up a new second one recently. 

Sep 15, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #3,587 of 3,761
Hi, I had buy a sony x 1060, can anybody tell me the differences between x-1060 and 1061?
I can't see any post about it.

thanks a lot for helping

beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #3,588 of 3,761
what kind of battery life are you guys getting? and has anyone else noticed the X uses battery while off? 

If I charge mine to "full", use it for about two hours a day using the line-out for three days it will be empty when I start it up on the morning of the fourth. So that's like give or take 7 hours of playtime. 

The Sansa Clip just keeps the battery charge. When it's off, it's off and it doesn't use any battery. I can start it up next week and it will have about the same amount of charge as the day I turned it off. 

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #3,589 of 3,761

Quote:
what kind of battery life are you guys getting? and has anyone else noticed the X uses battery while off? 

If I charge mine to "full", use it for about two hours a day using the line-out for three days it will be empty when I start it up on the morning of the fourth. So that's like give or take 7 hours of playtime. 

The Sansa Clip just keeps the battery charge. When it's off, it's off and it doesn't use any battery. I can start it up next week and it will have about the same amount of charge as the day I turned it off. 

I had two lower-range Sony players....the E345 and the S545....and they both were in a standby mode for a few hours before shutting down completely....it facilitated near instant-on, so it was nice for me. Do you suppose the X also has a standby mode?

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3,590 of 3,761

Quote:
Hi, I had buy a sony x 1060, can anybody tell me the differences between x-1060 and 1061?
I can't see any post about it.

thanks a lot for helping

beerchug.gif

The X1061 is the US/Canada model with the Slacker app.

Quote:

I'm getting roughly 20 hours using high bitrate wma files and about 10% wav files. Have you checked that your wifi setting isn't on in the settings menu? Mine was on by default when I got it.

Quote:

I had two lower-range Sony players....the E345 and the S545....and they both were in a standby mode for a few hours before shutting down completely....it facilitated near instant-on, so it was nice for me. Do you suppose the X also has a standby mode?

Yes, it has a 24-hour standby mode before it switches off completely.

Hey HONEYBOY. Nice to see you! I wondered whether you and dura (hi dura!) were still enjoying your IE8/X combo, and I see you both still are. I've dabbled with a couple of Cowons and the Zune HD, but always end up coming back to the X. I REALLY miss the vocals if I listen to another dap.

FF- I didn't know there was somewhere in Enfield to demo JH stuff? Hmmm. A demo couldn't frocking hurt could it?

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #3,591 of 3,761

Quote:
Good to see the usual suspects on here all enjoying their X walkmans still, i have had mine over a year now with no problem at all only other than i now solely have to use wav files as i got a pair of JH16pros which are out of this world and make the Shure SE530's and Senn IE8's i had sound like sub £100 iems at best in comparison. 

Customs are the way to go for me now and can never go back to universals now as my X unamped has improved a lot with these custom monitors and through a line out and dedicated headamp is sublime. 

Muse on my X was just like it sounded at Wembley Stadium on Friday night for me. The bass, ohhh.... ; ))

When is "a new"  X in a touchscreen coming out with 64gb at least? 
I do not understand Sony's strategy now 'a' day's, it's baffling to say the least. : (

(i don't care for the new A model 64gb with oled screen, just a touch screen model - hmmm, hmmm Sony)

I still prefer the X to the A (I have both Japanese models) in terms of sonics, but I think the days of the X are numbered. At this point, I don't htink Sony will do anything major until CES in January, and doing a more standard DAP (the A) with some of the same characteristics of the X (such as the S-master amp) is probably what we're going to see for awhile.

Sep 16, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #3,592 of 3,761

Quote:

FF- I didn't know there was somewhere in Enfield to demo JH stuff? Hmmm. A demo couldn't frocking hurt could it?

Uhhhhh, yeah it could hurt!! ....your wallet ultimately that is!!   
devil_face.gif

I expect a full report should you go.

Sep 16, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #3,593 of 3,761
I'm selling my X as I have no use for it.

Sep 16, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #3,594 of 3,761
Sep 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #3,595 of 3,761
All it has going for it is capacity as far as I'm concerned.. my U5 sounds the same as the P3 which was as good as the Sony - to my ears at any rate, and I'm not interested in album art.

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #3,596 of 3,761

Quote:

No it would not frocking hurt to go, i strongly advise it, even if it means you end up having to save for some time to do this one, it is worth what is perceived to be a crazy amount to spend on a pair of earphones, but would ultimately stop all the shelling out £100 - 200 every so often for a pair of sub sounding pair of iem's as i now am savvy to in hindsight. 

Like cn11 said it will hurt your wallet though, but oh, so worth it, even with the frustrating part of having it sent back three times for fit issues until i think this third one is most probably the one. It is a more ardious journey getting a pair of customs especially when a majority of the best customs are from the other side of the pond. 

If you have not Googled it already, here is HHA (hand held audio) web site;
http://www.handheldaudio.co.uk/pages/catalog.asp?divitype=t&tp_id=82&pic=../images/custom_77x22.gif&root_name=Custom+Ears

If you do go to HHA let me know how it goes, Nick who you will see if you do is a stella chap and very helpful. 

I left my X on all day playing non stop for 18 hours with wav files and still had 1/4 of a bar left, that was with no manual intervention, i.e. fast forwarding, changing tracks. 

Quote:
Uhhhhh, yeah it could hurt!! ....your wallet ultimately that is!!   
devil_face.gif

I expect a full report should you go.

My wallet is still hurting, best wallet bashing ive done  for a long time though...

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #3,597 of 3,761

Quote:
I still prefer the X to the A (I have both Japanese models) in terms of sonics, but I think the days of the X are numbered. At this point, I don't htink Sony will do anything major until CES in January, and doing a more standard DAP (the A) with some of the same characteristics of the X (such as the S-master amp) is probably what we're going to see for awhile.

I do not have the A model, and i can see the reason for the A model, sure....... but i am just baffled by Sony's business model and how slow they have been on the ball in bringing out new models, i know that sounds like an irony in this fast hard to keep up out of date tomorrow technological world we live in today, but why make an X and then not have a straight replacement for it like Apple do with their Touch model.

All Sony had to do was dump the crap like the wi-fi on the X and just make a 64gb X touchscreen that is just a dedicated player with all the added stuff that should of been on there from the start like "on the go playlists" and some other stuff X owners have expressed previously in this forum.

Still live in hope though and think you may be right with the January CES, as it has been a while with Sony banging the Walkman drum and paying close attention to their Walkman line up with great detail and feels like they have half giving up the ghost in trying to compete with the ipods that now dominate our world like Daleks!

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #3,599 of 3,761
Unfortunately, the volume limiter is going to be back for new UK/EU models. So I'd have to import one from the US. At least it will give the French a good laugh
mad.gif

FF - I know HHA. I normally get my replacement tips from them. If I go there, I will definitely let you know!

As far as another dap goes, I'd be more than happy with a 64GB version that isn't built like a wafer and does playlists. Gapless I can live without because WAV gets round that. I don't care about wifi because I have my Touch for that. Sony should forget about the fancy extras and just put back some of the basic features like frocking playlists. You can get supermarket daps with a playlist feature! The bigger my portable collection gets, the more I really miss being able to make playlists on the go.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #3,600 of 3,761

Quote:
I do not have the A model, and i can see the reason for the A model, sure....... but i am just baffled by Sony's business model and how slow they have been on the ball in bringing out new models, i know that sounds like an irony in this fast hard to keep up out of date tomorrow technological world we live in today, but why make an X and then not have a straight replacement for it like Apple do with their Touch model.

All Sony had to do was dump the crap like the wi-fi on the X and just make a 64gb X touchscreen that is just a dedicated player with all the added stuff that should of been on there from the start like "on the go playlists" and some other stuff X owners have expressed previously in this forum.

Still live in hope though and think you may be right with the January CES, as it has been a while with Sony banging the Walkman drum and paying close attention to their Walkman line up with great detail and feels like they have half giving up the ghost in trying to compete with the ipods that now dominate our world like Daleks!

My $.02 - I don't think the X did well for Sony. It was expensive (not that the iPod Touch isn't with 32GB), but in comparison, I don't think they moved as many as they thought they would. A more "straightforward" and premium DAP - something Apple isn't doing - in a weird way differentiates them. Plus, it simplifies the lines as other than touchscreen and capacity, technically the A and X were the same (well, theoretically lol). They're down to "premium" (the A line), mid-range (the S line), and budget conscious (the E line). From a business standpoint it makes sense to me.

Can Sony pull a rabbit out of its hat? Maybe, but I think their recent sales success - especially in Japan where for the first time in awhile they sold more Walkmans than Apple did iPods - says that consumers think Sony's on the right track and doing something right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back