I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #3,602 of 3,761

Quote:
In response to ramintop:

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Just bought a X1060 used and couldn't get it to connect, but it would charge ok. Bought a new connection cable, and all was fine. Hope that helps.

bump, I bought a new cable and it still only charges, please someone help I havent been able to transfer anything to my walkman for 3 months now!

Sep 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #3,603 of 3,761

Quote:
bump, I bought a new cable and it still only charges, please someone help I havent been able to transfer anything to my walkman for 3 months now!

anyone?
frown.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #3,604 of 3,761

Quote:
anyone? 

I don't think there's an obvious answer unless your Sony's kicked the bucket. Have you tried charging it in a different USB port or on a different computer? if you have, then have you tried formatting it from the settings menu? Is the new cable an actual new one or used? I would try charging it somewhere else first.

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #3,605 of 3,761

Quote:
I don't think there's an obvious answer unless your Sony's kicked the bucket. Have you tried charging it in a different USB port or on a different computer? if you have, then have you tried formatting it from the settings menu? Is the new cable an actual new one or used? I would try charging it somewhere else first.

I thought about formatting it but I was afraid it wouldnt work, I'll try it today. thanks for the help.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #3,607 of 3,761
yes i do have one from A726.
i'll be able post it anywhere in India but not abroad
Any contacts?

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #3,612 of 3,761

Quote:

so I formatted it, pressed the reset button, used a different new cable, used a different computer, I tried everything with no luck!
frown.gif
I always have bad luck with my stuff lol, I searched google for similar problems but I guess I'm the only one. :S

Sep 23, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #3,613 of 3,761

Quote:
so I formatted it, pressed the reset button, used a different new cable, used a different computer, I tried everything with no luck!
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//frown.gif" title="
frown.gif
" width="" /> I always have bad luck with my stuff lol, I searched google for similar problems but I guess I'm the only one. :S

Your problem is the USB mode. Adjust this in the X's settings menu. There's a submenu there that let's you adjust this. Let me know if it worked.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #3,615 of 3,761

Quote:
Also, see this thread. It's all about that MTP-mode. 

(sorry I made a new reply, i can't seem to edit my previous post) 

thanks for the help. I read this before but the problem is my walkman isnt detected by my computer at all! and even in a new computer it wont install new drivers, it just charges. I didnt find a way to change the usb mode? all I found is a "usb mode" that tells me to connect to a usb cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back