I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jan 5, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #2,881 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by LewLewZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello hello, i have also receveid my X from play.com yesterday! (my account only got validated today though
duggehsmile.png
)

I must say i'm impressed, i have been using a creative zen as my mp3 player, the SQ of X1060 just blazes me! I love turning the VPT on to live and sets my own EQ, somehow it sounds better than my creative x-fi go on my pc!!! (same headphone
beyersmile.png
)

Hi

I agree with you that the X sounds better than the soundcard in my pc (Mac Mini). I never thought that a DAP could do that.
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #2,882 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

Great to hear you received your X too from soozieq! I agree with you that the X sounds better than the soundcard in my pc (Mac Mini). I never thought that a DAP could do that.
biggrin.gif

Hehe
biggrin.gif

I love the sounds on X soooooooooo much
atsmile.gif
(first thing i did this morning was to put on my headphones xD)
i think the stock earphone is good as well! (Point at the RRP
redface.gif
)
I'm now using a JVC S650, its not like giving a really powerful sound but makes me feel comfortable!
Still i have to say again i love the VPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #2,883 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by LewLewZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe
biggrin.gif

I love the sounds on X soooooooooo much
atsmile.gif
(first thing i did this morning was to put on my headphones xD)
i think the stock earphone is good as well! (Point at the RRP
redface.gif
)
I'm now using a JVC S650, its not like giving a really powerful sound but makes me feel comfortable!
Still i have to say again i love the VPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha Its great to see you guys enjoying the X!! Very immediate and involving sound signature. VPT settings I haven't touch though.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #2,884 of 3,761
Love the VPT too
beerchug.gif
...matrix are my favourite
L3000.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #2,885 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Accurate mode just to make sure (or as sure as possible) that I don't get any problems with the rip. I had a couple of dodgy tracks that wouldn't rip in anything but dB, but it took forever to get a secure rip.

Cheers soozieq, That copy must be not quite right in some way even though it actually sounds okay to listen to.

I gave up during the second track though and cancelled as i thought i can't hack this if it is the hole album, trying re-passes to get an accurate rip if one track took half an hour!

Will give WMA a try instead of db and see if it makes a difference to actually listen to i suppose.

Other wise it will be grin and bear with the time it takes to get an accurate rip.

Cheers again
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you 'turn it off' it thinks:
'well, they will come back to me within the next few hours, so let's just go to sleep not to waste their time to turn me on'.
Then a day passes and the X thinks again 'they have not turned me on for 24 hours, they are probably too busy to listen to music atm, so there is no point in being 100% ready, let's just shut down completely to make sure I do not turn on with a stupid key press'.

:
Reasonable enough?

Funny :bigsmile_face
Quote:

Hahaha, good point!

I think however, that it will also be smart enough to find an ac adapter and recharge to be ready for us to listen to it.

funnier, lol
smile.gif

Maybe the next model will do that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine does a real power off after 24 hours.
You can see that because then it takes a lot longer to start up and it has forgotten what it was playing last time. But if I use it every day, startup is immediately.

One of the few things that really does pee me off is my X forgetting the song it last played when i turn it back on, whats that all about? i get greeted with the same flamin' song everytime!

Something perhaps to be rectified on next model if not able to in a firmware upgrade, along with on the go playlist would keep me sweet.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #2,886 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of the few things that really does pee me off is my X forgetting the song it last played when i turn it back on, whats that all about? i get greeted with the same flamin' song everytime!

Something perhaps to be rectified on next model if not able to in a firmware upgrade, along with on the go playlist would keep me sweet.

Its stupid that it doesn't go back to the last track played while turning it back on... (the browser does remember its last visited page
ph34r.gif
)
On the go playlist should be here the first place, i personally love it so much, sometimes i just like to play several tracks together from different albums and let them shuffles
L3000.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #2,887 of 3,761
A question for everyone here.

I have been looking for some good protection for my X1060 and have not found too much.

I got a nice case, but I am trying to find a decent screen protector (bought cheap stuff in the past and it was never any good). I used to buy Martin Fields and Brando screen protectors as they are of really high quality but neither manufacturers have them for the X series.

1. I checked the NAVSCREEN ebay seller and am not certain of the quality - can anyone express their opinion? It comes in pairs, does it also fit the back? Can I use one for the screen and one for the back?

2. I also found that PDair and they have some screen protectors. Has anyone bought them and can tell something about the quality?

3. I also considered invisible shield full cover. Has anyone tried it with their X? Is it worth buying?

I am looking for a good screen protector and need some opinions.

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #2,888 of 3,761
Great question, Szadzik! I was actually going to ask the same thing.
bigsmile_face.gif
At the moment the one from PDair seems a good choice to me, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #2,889 of 3,761
not along the lines of screen protection but still protection, buy some beta brainwavz IEM's, $25 at the moment I believe, and you get a gorgeous soft plush case meant for the IEM's themselves but my X fits inside it perfectly..really its the best case I've ever got for an IEM. Then for transporting in a bag or something I've then put this plush case in my hard case

edit: dunno if you can see it but its at the top of this image I took today:
1262727485.jpg

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #2,890 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not along the lines of screen protection but still protection, buy some beta brainwavz IEM's, $25 at the moment I believe, and you get a gorgeous soft plush case meant for the IEM's themselves but my X fits inside it perfectly..really its the best case I've ever got for an IEM. Then for transporting in a bag or something I've then put this plush case in my hard case

edit: dunno if you can see it but its at the top of this image I took today:

While awaiting the flip case I bought for it I am too using a sock type thingy that my SE W880 usually sits in (it is just a replacement phone so it sits on my desk for 95% of the time and only sometimes I use while going abroad to have 2 phones on me). The sock looks similar to the case you have there.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #2,891 of 3,761
Quote:

While awaiting the flip case I bought for it I am too using a sock type thingy that my SE W880 usually sits in (it is just a replacement phone so it sits on my desk for 95% of the time and only sometimes I use while going abroad to have 2 phones on me). The sock looks similar to the case you have there.

that picture doesn't do it justice. Its not a thin sock, its really padded and plush, much better than any phone sock I've used. If I were to drop the X in the case from waist height onto concrete I'm confident it would suffer no damage at all. Oh and the brainwavz aren't too bad either
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #2,892 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that picture doesn't do it justice. Its not a thin sock, its really padded and plush, much better than any phone sock I've used. If I were to drop the X in the case from waist height onto concrete I'm confident it would suffer no damage at all. Oh and the brainwavz aren't too bad either
ksc75smile.gif

Ahh, the picture really looks like a sock.

BTW. Still looking into the screen protector issue I think I decided to buy invisible shield.

The main reason is that it provides protection for both the back and front of the device. A lifetime guarantee is a nice thing too, though.

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #2,894 of 3,761
I use the ALO Rx with it at work, along with a good mini-mini cable by Lil' Knight. It's perhaps a 15-20% gain in SQ. I've had the Mustang and Shadow amps by RSA, and the Shadow was a little better than the Mustang. It seems to take a very nice quality portable amp to really improve upon the SQ of the X. I will be picking up the Pico Slim too once it's released, and compare it to the Rx. I have a feeling that the Rx will still top the Slim though, and that the Slim will therefore wind up for sale. We'll see though.

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #2,895 of 3,761
Got mine too thanks to soozieq (public thank you, I concur with Cosmic Fool, it was a pleasure), and so far I really like it, the menu's scroll very fast, and overall the UI is pleasantly refreshing after 5 years of iPods
smily_headphones1.gif
Took ages to load it, but since I won't do that on a daily basis it's not a problem, bit annoying though. Oh, I love how small it is but still feels very solid due to it's weight, I think it's very well designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back