I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jan 7, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #2,911 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Le /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm yeah, music > sleep, had to get up at 7:00, put X away at 04:30, and somehow, I overslept
redface.gif
Bit sad about the loss of on the go playlists (didn't know it, but apparently I used that quite often) and gapless, but I have a phone to cover live and gapless albums
smily_headphones1.gif
Small thing that I don't really like is that when you go to music, you go to the playing song, not the artistlist. Excellent batterylife, and I can't stop going through the complete UI :p No comparison to my iPod because well, I haven't touched it since I got this one. Ok, he is as good as dead, but now I don't regret that as much anymore
biggrin.gif

i knew theres no on the go playlist befire i bought it, so now i just live with it by manually changing songs quite often... (i loved the playlist fuctions on Zen, it was really handy and i personally think it is well designed) , i'm not quite bothered about gapless
regular_smile .gif

I agree with the going to the playing song thing... its not like it will hurt me, but i just dont like it
redface.gif

Still, X is soooooo lovely!!!! (i just have to do it over and over
L3000.gif
)

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #2,912 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost had my S2's broken a while back because the wire got snagged on someones bag.

You had your head in someones bag? Was you looking for a werthers original?
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #2,913 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

naa I mean the wire hanging down haha, I've learnt to tuck in under my shirt now..reduces microphonics too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #2,914 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

He thought there would be better sound isolation in there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
naa I mean the wire hanging down haha, I've learnt to tuck in under my shirt now..reduces microphonics too
smily_headphones1.gif

Pick pocketing does not pay, not if you suck at it anyway.
biggrin.gif

Keep away from old bags, in every sense of the form!
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #2,915 of 3,761
Hmm, since I like the UI enough to add album art to my complete library (quit doing that a year ago), I tried MP3tag (v2.45). I really like how it works, in theory. Somehow the changes I make in the program are not transferred to C:/Music/Walkman. Can anybody tell me why? (yes, I've searched both the internets and helpfunction) Btw, I like my Walkman
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #2,916 of 3,761
Quote:

Hmm, since I like the UI enough to add album art to my complete library (quit doing that a year ago), I tried MP3tag (v2.45). I really like how it works, in theory. Somehow the changes I make in the program are not transferred to C:/Music/Walkman. Can anybody tell me why? (yes, I've searched both the internets and helpfunction) Btw, I like my Walkman
biggrin.gif

In MP3Tag after editing your songs, you need to highlight them and either right-click and click Save or click the Save button.

I have been working with MP3Tag and MediaMonkey for the past few days and I can say Media Monkey is better and faster. I use the free version of MM.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #2,917 of 3,761
If you are talking about the cover art sometimes not being displayed in the X, check out that the picture you've embedded is not .png or .gif

If you are talking about the other tags, check your READ, WRITE, DELETE option. Maybe you are not writing the tags you read.

mp3tag may not have the best UI, but with the RegEx abilities it's hands down the most powerful tagger out there, and trust me I've spent hours and hours organizing my library over the past 10 years.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #2,918 of 3,761
I don't know if anyone here has actually tried watching movies on the X...? I found a way to easily convert videos from my pc to the X with AVS Converter. Made a custom profile and it all works pretty good. Only one problem, the black levels in the Sony demo videos are beautiful. Just pitch black, like a Pioneer Kuro tv! The black levels of my converted videos are horrible! Greyish! Does anyone here know a way to fix this? Level the pre-converted video with an editor or something? Let me know if you have an idea!

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #2,919 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if anyone here has actually tried watching movies on the X...? I found a way to easily convert videos from my pc to the X with AVS Converter. Made a custom profile and it all works pretty good. Only one problem, the black levels in the Sony demo videos are beautiful. Just pitch black, like a Pioneer Kuro tv! The black levels of my converted videos are horrible! Greyish! Does anyone here know a way to fix this? Level the pre-converted video with an editor or something? Let me know if you have an idea!

I have an even easier way for those using Windows 7. When you drag a movie file to your Walkman in Windows 7 it asks if you want to convert it. It will convert it for you, no additional programs required.

No I have not even watched the demo movies loaded onto my X. I deleted them the moment I got my player.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #2,921 of 3,761
Thanks for the answers, I have no idea what's happening right now, but it look like it is checking all the songs. I already tried what you suggested, tried it again, nothing happened, so I deleted Love & Theft, and resynced it, hoping it would come back as Love and Theft. First 5 times it did nothing (used content transfer), but now it is going thorugh all the songs, and at ~1100/~3000. Strange

edit: it is done. only thing that has happened is, indeed, Love & Theft --> Love and Theft. elliott Smith still is'nt Elliott Smith, not a single albumcover (except Love and Theft) has come trough, really nothing else happened
frown.gif
Do I really need to delete everything I've changed and resync it?

edit 2: downloaded MM, all the changes made in MP3Tag are nicely displayed in MM, so I guess I have to tag everything, restore the X (takes long too :S) and put it all back again
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #2,922 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks for the answers, I have no idea what's happening right now, but it look like it is checking all the songs. I already tried what you suggested, tried it again, nothing happened, so I deleted Love & Theft, and resynced it, hoping it would come back as Love and Theft. First 5 times it did nothing (used content transfer), but now it is going thorugh all the songs, and at ~1100/~3000. Strange

edit: it is done. only thing that has happened is, indeed, Love & Theft --> Love and Theft. elliott Smith still is'nt Elliott Smith, not a single albumcover (except Love and Theft) has come trough, really nothing else happened
frown.gif
Do I really need to delete everything I've changed and resync it?

edit 2: downloaded MM, all the changes made in MP3Tag are nicely displayed in MM, so I guess I have to tag everything, restore the X (takes long too :S) and put it all back again
confused.gif

Worth a try?? I have started with MM at the beginning and it just worked quite well, tags work album arts and transfer speed is good !
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #2,923 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks! I have been doing this already but it converts to a low resolution with a mediocre bitrate. It uses 320x240 instead of the native 432x240.

Try WinFF, it has 4:3 preset for walkman, just modify it to 16:9 and save as a new one. Top notch quality on the output.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #2,924 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks! I have been doing this already but it converts to a low resolution with a mediocre bitrate. It uses 320x240 instead of the native 432x240.

That's the max supported resolution for MPEG-4, with WMV Simple profile it takes up to 480x270.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #2,925 of 3,761
how many people have clear stereo turned on? out of the box mine was on by default. From Sony

Quote:

The Clear Stereo function enables individual left and right digital processing of the sound. This prevents audio signals leakage so that clear stereo sound of the original source can be reproduced.

The Clear Stereo function is designed to obtain maximum effect with the supplied headphones. You may not be able to obtain the Clear Stereo effect when using it with other headphones. When using other headphones, set Clear Stereo to Off.

wellll...like I say by default mine was on. I didn't notice much difference either way with the S2's so I was like meh leave it. But with the JH13's it completely trashed the sound..brought the mids really forward and upper mids sibilant, detail was lost, soundstage badly collapsed, bass flabby with little impact and it took the razor edginess off the 13's (yes it really did **** up the sound that badly).
Turned it off and it transformed the IEM into being much better than I remember the demo unit being..before turning it off I really thought I had a faulty pair!

so moral of the story kids..if you have aftermarket earphones for your X turn off clear stereo and enjoy your music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back