I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #2,327 of 3,761
Ok i think i have about 200 hours on my X and it has opened up even further. The soundstage has expanded like crazy and details are standing out. I am hearing things i didn't before.. Liking this player even more .. Also at work tried the Slacker radio just for heck of it.. That thing is awesome .. The player i had has alternative playlist and i think song list was endless with good quality ad free songs. I had never heard of slacker radio till today
smily_headphones1.gif
. Another incentive from X .. Maybe i should give FM radio and You tube a try maybe it will be amazing also ... Real happy with this player ( says with a big grin on the face)

PC

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #2,328 of 3,761
Careful, you wouldn't want to be labeled a Shill now would you??
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #2,329 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

That is funny. For this player i would wear that label PROUDLY ..

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #2,330 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok i think i have about 200 hours on my X and it has opened up even further. The soundstage has expanded like crazy and details are standing out. I am hearing things i didn't before.. Liking this player even more .. Also at work tried the Slacker radio just for heck of it.. That thing is awesome .. The player i had has alternative playlist and i think song list was endless with good quality ad free songs. I had never heard of slacker radio till today
smily_headphones1.gif
. Another incentive from X .. Maybe i should give FM radio and You tube a try maybe it will be amazing also ... Real happy with this player ( says with a big grin on the face)

PC

Hey, I have to totally agree with you! I have no idea if it's really changing, or if I'm just imagining it!! But I do know that every time I listen to it, I think 'WOW'. It's been 4 months now and it continues to surprise me all the time. You know how sometimes you get really used to a sound, and it becomes just 'normal'? Well, that hasn't happened to me yet, and it's never not happened to me before
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Hey, I just took a shill pill. Later, I'm going to shill out and listen to my X
ksc75smile.gif

HONEYBOY- Thanks so much for the 'play mode' tip. I didn't realise I had it set to 'selected range' only. One day, I'm going to read the user guide... okay, that was an outrageous lie, but I did think about reading it once...

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #2,331 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is funny. For this player i would wear that label PROUDLY ..

I'll join you in that one my friend.....

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #2,332 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I just took a shill pill. Later, I'm going to shill out and listen to my X
ksc75smile.gif

Ha ha ha!!! Too funny. Seems a whole new lexicon has been developed recently....
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #2,334 of 3,761
I personally plan to couple the X Walkman with more treble centric phones. I own the AD900 which some would regard as treble-centric. I must say that the X does a considerable job at smoothing them out.

Here's some quick diyMod/X impressions.

The diyMod (coupled with the Pico amp and 47 uf Black Gate caps) is considerably more detailed than the X at the expense of less bass. Overall, the combo is highly resolving. The X Walkman however, is smoother and exudes a fuller signature due to a more distinct low end. Grain from records is also more evident with the more resolving Pico/diyMod combination.

With the AD900s, I much prefer the X's presentation. However, my phones are considered treble-centric to some. With the X, it sounds just right to my ears. Since the diyMod is considerably more resolving, it may accentuate the inherent characteristics of my phones more so than the X1061. I'm guessing that diyMod-UM3x combination will probably fare better with the rather treble-centric Ipod than the AD900s. But this is just conjecture. I'll hopefully get my replacements soon enough to test my theory.

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #2,335 of 3,761
Hi
I'm quite frustrated with how X works with playlist. I've found that playlist can be made be WMP11, but I'm not familiar with this program. So do anyone know an alternative way to create a playlist on this player.

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #2,338 of 3,761
Has anyone had a chance to compare the sound quality by using a brand new X against a 200+ hour X? It's not that I don't believe anyone of you that claim the sound quality improves over time, I would just like someone to be more direct than saying it seems to get better. The mind is funny thing after all, sometimes would think things are improving because we want it to
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #2,339 of 3,761
Haven't had a chance to compare a new X to a used X, but I don't think that sound quality of the X improves after 200+ hours. However, you might like its sound more after you get used to it, say from listening to it for 200+ hours.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #2,340 of 3,761
Yes, I've noticed very little difference too with my AD900s to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back