I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #1,486 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
techfreakazoid-
Thanks for the honest impressions. The difference to the A829 is smaller at the beginning for sure, but as the digital amp burns in, it definitely opens up the sound even more, so that the differences you noted become more obvious. Especially soundstage, that really opens up. For those of us who bought it mainly hoping for the jump in audio (myself included) it has proven to be very satisfying after some more play time.

Direct comparisons with the Zune HD will definitely be interesting. I look forward to that.. but from what I've read, I don't see anything about improved SQ over current models, except in the HD radio feature. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Pardon my ignorance but Digital Amps can burn-in? Or do our ears just get used to AMAZING music? ;] I called my local Sony Store and they said to call back tomorrow. I'm nervous. I spent the last 3 months saving every penny and dime I could find and I'm close. (Wouldn't that be a sight? Some kid paying for an X series in dimes and pennies?) Anyone else have luck at a Sony Style Store?

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #1,487 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BCR-NWU3 Dock.

£10 inc postage on ebay.
biggrin.gif

It just needs a bit of adapting and it's perfect.

(pictures)

This looks amazing! Excellent work!

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #1,488 of 3,761
Damn, 100 pages in only a month and a half!

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #1,489 of 3,761
Do you people think it's the best sounding MP3 player you've heard?

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #1,491 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! No doubt about it.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #1,492 of 3,761
No no no.. you guys have it all wrong... that's just the Kool-aid talking, it can't possibly sound that good.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #1,495 of 3,761
Quote:

Worst dap I have, makes me cringe with disgust every time I listen to it!......................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
atsmile.gif

I LOVE my X! it's easily numero UNO!! And I listen to it AT LEAST 5-6 hours a day
L3000.gif
popcorn.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #1,497 of 3,761
Quote:

God YES!!!! And I've had S706/A808/S639/A829... Touch 2G, Zune 80/120, Kenwood HD10GB7 and Sansa Fuze.

[size=medium]X ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #1,498 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! I still have my 808 case too, and it came in very useful when it once went crashing to the ground. Case got a little scratched but the screen remained in one piece. Oh, and you can polish the case new again with something like car headlight polish. Yes, it's true, and it works with most plastics
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip! I want to give my A818 to my niece so I'm going to try and polish up the case too.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #1,500 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of those I've heard, yes.

Yes - but is it better than those that you haven't heard...
happy_face1.gif

Hey, it is too hot here to even take X out into the garden. I am melting alive as I type... soon, there will just be a puddle of wax where I was sitting, and my cat will probably pee in it
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back