I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #1,456 of 3,761
Ha ha ha! I knew you'd notice that bit, and love it. It sure does that to my iPhone 3G too. Despite all that earlier hubbub about the comparison to the Touch, it's well documented now, and as such, credible.

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #1,457 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha ha! I knew you'd notice that bit, and love it. It sure does that to my iPhone 3G too. Despite all that earlier hubbub about the comparison to the Touch, it's well documented now, and as such, credible.

YES! And not only that, but the review also stated:
Quote:

Whatever you might have read elsewhere, the X1060 is an excellent player, and one that
only a cloth-eared simpleton could describe as an all-out disappointment.

Hahahahahahahahahaha
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #1,458 of 3,761
I know, I laughed out loud at that 'cloth eared simpleton' bit too... it's so true, especially once burned in. I'm going to have to remember that terminology for future instances......
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #1,460 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope this is ok to post, please forgive me if it's against the forum rules.....

I've uploaded a nice little test clip that shows off the audio and video capabilities of the X.

Just unzip and put the jpeg and mp4 in to the video folder.

[size=small]clicky[/size] Enjoy.

Neil.
smily_headphones1.gif

Neeley... before I click on the link.... please tell me there's no rubber-clothed X in various alluring poses.....

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #1,461 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neeley... before I click on the link.... please tell me there's no rubber-clothed X in various alluring poses.....

shag3.gif
Busted.....

No love, you're fine, it's ok.

It's just me in a pink 80's leotard, boogieing to copacabana.
2ghey.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #1,462 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shag3.gif
Busted.....

No love, you're fine, it's ok.

It's just me in a pink 80's leotard,
boogieing to copacabana.
2ghey.gif

Hmm... X in alluring poses... or a dancing Fanilow.. X... Fanilow... X........... Fanilow..........
confused.gif

A pink-leotarded dancing Fanilow...
happy_face1.gif
confused_face(1).gif

EDIT:
Amazon UK has lowered the price again, the 32GB is back to £229
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #1,463 of 3,761
So three official cases for the X-Series (all of which are definitely overpriced, I mean $35 for a silicone case or a even the crystal hard case? come on Sony)

Silicone Soft - CKM-NWX1000
Clear Crystal Hard - CKH-NWX1000
Leather Case - CKL-NWX1000

Case : Universal Accessories : Sony Asia Pacific

I think I may go with the Clear crystal hard case. The leather one is nice but I would like more immediate access to the X1060. The silicone soft one I feel like would eventually lose its shape after being pulled out of my pocket.

Anyone have images with the crystal clear hard case?
Also, where to buy a screen protector?

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #1,464 of 3,761
Good find. $35 is a bit much.. then again we've already shelled out $300-400 US already so maybe its not a bad bet on Sony's part we'll pay for the accessories! Its a little surprising there aren't many available yet.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #1,465 of 3,761
I don't bother with cases; they spoil the formfactor.
Besides, I find them unnecessary; I always keep my DAP's in a separate pocket in my clothes or my bag, and have never ever had as much as a scratch.
Sometimes I get the feeling that getting accessories for our new tools is not unlike buying expensive stuff for newly born babies; the baby couldn't care less, but unnecesary spending the money is a way to express our love :wink:

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #1,466 of 3,761
Quote:

Mors-
Congrats on the X1000. I feel the same way when comparing it to my iPhone. It just destroys it in every respect. I guess I'll take all music off of the iPhone and use the storage space for photos. I'll never use it for listening now that I have the X. Good times.... and enjoy the new Sony.

EDIT: I do have a LO cable on the way from Sooz, so I'll see how the iPhone paired with the Mustang amp stacks up. Maybe I won't take all my music off of it just yet.....
icon10.gif

I take your words
biggrin.gif

I am particularly dissatisfied with iPhone's small soundstage. How does it compare to the X?

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #1,467 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by axismundi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the low frequency response? Several pages before there was somebody posting frequency response measurements and although it was not as bad as other players (e.g. Cowon D2), I find the bass roll-off quite disspointing.

Has anyone checked this / made his/her own measurements? What about the "subjective measurements"
normal_smile .gif
?

In the last weeks I had the chance to listen several times to the X series players in some stores, and I must admit I didn't feel that it was really lacking bass. But it is true that given the listening conditions my opinion might be less relevant.

I have a 639 and I am very pleased of it (gave up listening to iPods and D2 mainly because of the low frequency response issues). In order to have a more relevant comparison between the two, I would like to listen to the same music files - do you happen to know where from I could download the original tracks that come with the X series?

Any additional opinions on the bass roll-off?

More important, any idea where I could find the original music tracks that come with the X series (actually many of them are the same as the ones that came with my S639, but unfortunately I lost them)?

Thanks.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #1,468 of 3,761
Well, it totally trounces the iPhone 3G on its own, and still betters it nicely even with the LOD and Mustang! It's quite the DAP. The soundstage is perhaps the biggest difference over even the A829. While the A829 was no soundstage slouch, when you go to the X you hear more of an enveloping stage all around. It makes the A829 seem more restricted to the axis between your ears. And the 829 bettered the iPhone in soundstage as well.

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #1,469 of 3,761
Quote:

Well, it totally trounces the iPhone 3G on its own, and still betters it nicely even with the LOD and Mustang! It's quite the DAP. The soundstage is perhaps the biggest difference over even the A829. While the A829 was no soundstage slouch, when you go to the X you hear more of an enveloping stage all around. It makes the A829 seem more restricted to the axis between your ears. And the 829 bettered the iPhone in soundstage as well.

Oh you are inviting my wallet to the HELL!

Ok I have no more hesitation on getting this. Actually the X series is price-dropping in Japan, by the time I saved enough for it I hope the price get stable and lower enough
wink_face.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #1,470 of 3,761
if anyone wants a proper screen protector, this one is custom to fit the entire front face of the Sony X, and only a half moon circle cut out for the HOME button. I bought 3 for just over 5 bucks, free shipping.

Actually as my gratitude towards this forum, I will send ONE of my extra screen protectors to you. I will pay for the stamp even. lol. I don't think I will need more than 2...so my third one someone on here can have...just PM me. It's on it's way from the UK, but should be here within the week I am hoping.

thx

3 LCD Screen Protector for Sony Walkman NWZ-X1050 X1060 on eBay.ca (item 190316665762 end time 23-Jul-09 17:48:48 EDT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back