I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #1,441 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brushed metal version is the Black Ice model, a Japan-only exclusive. Granite textured is the normal version available worldwide.

I posted pics back on p. 82 of my Ice Black version:
Untitled Document

It's not as dark as the pics posted here. It's more mirror-like than anything else.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #1,442 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can put in ur password in the wifi setting in the sony.

It's not streaming so if ur not in a wifi area its ok. You have a refresh icon in the Slacker app to touch when you want new or adding channels from the Slacker website . So when you listen to enough songs on the channel you can refresh to get new songs if Avail. Slacker is free but you have only 6 times to skip a song within an hour of each channel. I'm using the 7 day Slacker Plus free trial with no ads or dealing with skips. Before the trial is over if you don't cancel you will be charge 49 dollars but that's for a year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ugh. That makes my life so much more annoying, as it evens the sony with the S9 just getting gapless.
frown.gif
Anyway, the battle rages in my world to see which player I get.

Glad you all are enjoying your new toys.
smily_headphones1.gif
I should be (if I choose it obviously) in a couple of weeks.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Nkk

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #1,443 of 3,761
I was wondering if there are any stores/sites selling X series accessories. Aside from the Tuff-Luv cases, I haven't been able to find any belt clip/arm band type protectors for the gym. My D2 is rather unenjoyable after a few days with the X!

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #1,444 of 3,761
Welcome to head-fi. Funny how a new piece of gear can render something you used to like almost unlistenable, no?

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #1,445 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. That makes my life so much more annoying, as it evens the sony with the S9 just getting gapless.
frown.gif
Anyway, the battle rages in my world to see which player I get.

Glad you all are enjoying your new toys.
smily_headphones1.gif
I should be (if I choose it obviously) in a couple of weeks.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Nkk

You will enjoy it it u like music. Like everyone is saying The SQ is Great. It's smaller than the S9 too and feels great in ur hand.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #1,447 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brushed metal version is the Black Ice model, a Japan-only exclusive. Granite textured is the normal version available worldwide.

Ahh, thanks. I like the brushed metal version a lot more. As some might know by now, I hate faux finishes.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #1,448 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by denox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you guys get x1000 in US?
I have mine pre-order from amazon and will be released on July 3rd.
I can't wait to play with it. Will be good match with my PFE and M50.

I receive mine from Sony Style.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #1,449 of 3,761
Thanks cn11! Yeah, the first listen with my X1060 was quite shocking. Aside from the upcoming HifiMan, I can't imagine any portable sounding better. The instrument seperation and openness is just awesome.

Jun 29, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #1,450 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the sony branded case is top notch! Really quite dust free also, and I have many critters running around
wink.gif

Sorry to trouble you, if possible would you please post some pics of the sony case and the sony mp3 player? Sure others would love to see it as well.

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #1,451 of 3,761
The CKL-NWX1000 (of which I have pics linked above with my Ice Black X1060) IMO is the best case especially if you will be watching some video. I put the privacy filter on (only available I think in Japan), and it acts as a screen protector.

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #1,452 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As great as the Sony is, I hate reading the word "HOME" on the front of the screen.
The designers could have left that button blank or used a dot instead.

Lol, true! But I never even see the home button unless I'm accessing the menus so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ps - I think I'm with the burn-in believers,
it does seem to sound better overtime
beerchug.gif

Yes it really does. I liked it straight out of the box, but it's a different beast after a week or so. I am a BIG skeptic about burn in, but I can't deny what my own ears are hearing
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbrown11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D2 is rather unenjoyable after a few days with the X!

Yes, I think a few D2 owners have said the same thing lol! I've never tried a D2, and now I never will
wink.gif

SOUNDinterpreter.
... how are you liking the X after a few days use in comparison with your 728?

EDIT: Does anyone have a link to the official clear hard case? I would search this thread... but I don't wanna
atsmile.gif

Okay, I found the link to the case
smily_headphones1.gif

But now I can't decide between the black and the clear one
frown.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #1,453 of 3,761
I don't think this has been posted yet... here's a review from Trustedreviews:

Sony NWZ-X1060 Touch-Screen PMP Review - MP3 Reviews - TrustedReviews

And a quote from it about the SQ:

"It all works. Even with a pair of mid-range Denon AC551 earphones plugged in there's a noticeable distinction between the X Series and the iPod touch. The sound is warmer, there's more detail at the top and in the mid-range, and the bass is crisper and more authoritative. Driving a pair of Grado SR125s the X1060 is nothing short of stunning. The soundstage and imaging is more impressive than I think I've heard from any unamplified PMP, and music is really punchy, rich and detailed. There you go thinking that Justice's DVNO rocks on an iPod touch, when the Sony strolls around and kicks sand in the Apple player's face, creating a noise so vibrant and exuberant that it takes all my self control not to bounce up and down at my desk. The piano in Wading Through, from Terence Blanchard's Hurricane Katrina requiem, A Tale of God's Will, sounds fantastically natural and lifelike, but as the percussion gets louder and the double bass, strings and wind instruments come forward, there's no sense that the X1060 is struggling to maintain mid-range clarity or resolve high-end detail. The warm acoustic and electric guitars, drums and piano in Ray LaMontagne's Let it be Me, from Gossip in the Grain, positively sparkle, but it's the vocal that amazes. Again, it has a certain degree of presence and body from the iPod touch, but the X1060 is simply streets ahead when it comes to tone and definition. Basically, to hear the X1060 is to love it. "

That pretty much sums it up!
smile_phones.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #1,454 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"It all works. Even with a pair of mid-range Denon AC551 earphones plugged in there's a noticeable distinction between the X Series and the iPod touch. The sound is warmer, there's more detail at the top and in the mid-range, and the bass is crisper and more authoritative. Driving a pair of Grado SR125s the X1060 is nothing short of stunning. The soundstage and imaging is more impressive than I think I've heard from any unamplified PMP, and music is really punchy, rich and detailed. There you go thinking that Justice's DVNO rocks on an iPod touch, when the Sony strolls around and kicks sand in the Apple player's face, creating a noise so vibrant and exuberant that it takes all my self control not to bounce up and down at my desk. The piano in Wading Through, from Terence Blanchard's Hurricane Katrina requiem, A Tale of God's Will, sounds fantastically natural and lifelike, but as the percussion gets louder and the double bass, strings and wind instruments come forward, there's no sense that the X1060 is struggling to maintain mid-range clarity or resolve high-end detail. The warm acoustic and electric guitars, drums and piano in Ray LaMontagne's Let it be Me, from Gossip in the Grain, positively sparkle, but it's the vocal that amazes. Again, it has a certain degree of presence and body from the iPod touch, but the X1060 is simply streets ahead when it comes to tone and definition. Basically, to hear the X1060 is to love it. "

smile_phones.gif

so they liked it then, lol

quite gushing praise for a review

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #1,455 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There you go thinking that Justice's DVNO rocks on an iPod touch,
when the Sony strolls around and kicks sand in the Apple player's face, creating a noise so vibrant and exuberant that it takes all my self control not to bounce up and down at my desk.

smile_phones.gif

Lol wow! Great piece! I do trust some of their reviews, more so than cnet anyway. But it is true. It does kick sand in Apple's face and then it chucks it out to sea, brings it back and then buries it
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back