I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #1,501 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, it is too hot here to even take X out into the garden. I am melting alive as I type... soon, there will just be a puddle of wax where I was sitting, and my cat will probably pee in it
frown.gif

Eeeeewwwwwoooooooo.
confused_face.gif

It's bloody hot here in London.

My cat has been moaning at me all day, it's as if I have to turn down the heat for him. He's upside down in front of the fan now having a wash...
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #1,502 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's bloody hot here in London.

God I know, and it's not really cooling off at night either. Where's the AIR??

Quote:

My cat has been moaning at me all day, it's as if I have to turn down the heat for him.
He's upside down in front of the fan now having a wash...
biggrin.gif

Upside down? Are you sure you don't have a BAT?? My cat makes me put a cold wet flannel in the fridge to wipe him down with when he gets too hot. Then he makes me hold him in front of the fan...
redface.gif
- And I won't even mention the filtered water he makes me stick in the fridge...

He has a tough life though bless him.... so I don't mind...

Ollie8.jpg

... and doing the splits is hard work
atsmile.gif

Olliesplits.jpg

... and it is too hot even to listen to music
frown.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #1,503 of 3,761
Hey for all the North American Head-fiers. I called my local Sony Style Store and they said they'll reecieve a shipment July 18th. You have no clue how much I loathe all you guys with yours right now. :[ Oh I read through the manual. All 182 pages and they mentioned firmware? You guys think this player is good enough to actually receive firmware updates? I hope so.

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #1,504 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys think this player is good enough to actually receive firmware updates? I hope so.

I hope so too. Only ever had one firmware update EVER for my 808, and that was to fix a farty sound as the beginning of tracks lol! But the X could use a ton of updates to make it more user friendly, so I really hope Sony pull its collective fingers out and starts updating! I still love the X but I wouldn't say no to some more features... namely some of the ones they 'stole' from the previous series...
ph34r.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #1,505 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God I know, and it's not really cooling off at night either. Where's the AIR??

Upside down? Are you sure you don't have a BAT?? My cat makes me put a cold wet flannel in the fridge to wipe him down with when he gets too hot. Then he makes me hold him in front of the fan...
redface.gif
- And I won't even mention the filtered water he makes me stick in the fridge...

He has a tough life though bless him.... so I don't mind...

Ollie8.jpg

... and doing the splits is hard work
atsmile.gif

Olliesplits.jpg

... and it is too hot even to listen to music
frown.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

Awwwwww. Your cat's a sweetie. I see you pamper yours too, we must be loopy. I have three of them, they drive me nuts.

(Note to self... Must avoid pvssy jokes.)
chuckle.gif

God it's still backing, just went walkies with the X to burn off three sausages and chips....

It makes me laugh the way we call our walkmans "X", it's like we're talking about a previous partner....
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #1,506 of 3,761
Quote:

(Note to self... Must avoid pvssy jokes.)
chuckle.gif

LOL!! I know ALL the jokes...
atsmile.gif

Quote:

God it's still backing,
just went walkies with the X to burn off three sausages and chips....

Oh please, that's nothing. I just crawled from one room to another in an attempt to burn off half a stale custard tart.
I think I burned maybe one calorie
confused.gif

Quote:

It makes me laugh the way we call our walkmans "X",
it's like we're talking about a previous partner....
biggrin.gif

Yes! I love my 'X' LOL. Well, if any of my X's were as amazing as my [size=medium]X.[/size].. they would never have become my X!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, you have to admire Sony for giving their daps names that roll off the tongue so easily. I mean, NWZX1060B is so easy to say... just like iPod...

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #1,507 of 3,761
Quote:

BCR-NWU3 Dock.

£10 inc postage on ebay.
biggrin.gif

It just needs a bit of adapting and it's perfect.

CIMG1347.jpg

[/IMG]

Hi Neeley,

Doh, why did'nt i think of doing that! Ingenius idea, i could do with a second dock for upstairs when on my second rig setup.

The NWU3 has a nicer shiny black plastic on the top part of dock which compliments the X very nicely, where my NWU5 has a horrible rough matt plastic finish which makes it feel cheap and nasty in comparison.

Only Q would be, where would i get a spare NWU5 cradle adapter from that comes with the player??

Well done though Neeley, Sony whould of done this with their remaining batch of NWU3 in the first place!! lol

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #1,508 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only Q would be, where would i get a spare NWU5 cradle adapter from that comes with the player??

Well done though Neeley, Sony whould of done this with their remaining batch of NWU3 in the first place!! lol

Thanks FF.

It's funny that you mention a spare cradle adaptor for the X, I was thinking the exact same thing this afternoon. I could do with another one as well. Sony will probably want some silly amount for one.

The X will sit in the dock NWU3 without the adaptor, it wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate one. In fact that's what I'm going to do in the car. I'll take pics.....
happy_face1.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #1,510 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey for all the North American Head-fiers. I called my local Sony Style Store and they said they'll reecieve a shipment July 18th. You have no clue how much I loathe all you guys with yours right now. :[ Oh I read through the manual. All 182 pages and they mentioned firmware? You guys think this player is good enough to actually receive firmware updates? I hope so.

Actually there is a firmware for X1000 series, Japan model.
In Japanese.
ƒ_ƒEƒ“ƒ[ƒh | ƒ|[ƒ^ƒuƒ‹ƒI[ƒfƒBƒIƒvƒŒ[ƒ„[ WALKMAN gƒEƒH[ƒNƒ}ƒ“h | ƒTƒ|[ƒgE‚¨–â‚¢‡‚킹 | ƒ\ƒj[
Google translate
Google Translate

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #1,511 of 3,761
But it had weird headphones on display, the over the ear noise cancelling ones, and for some reason the X even at the top volume of 30 sounded so low. I wish I bought my Monster Turbines or something else.

But even then, I can tell that the Sony X sounds more NATURAL than the S639 I have. I know if I had my own headphones it would have sounded even better.

I really like the sound though.

They wanted 500 bucks plus tax...so here it would cost 525...ack!!!

I will wait for mine when a relative brings it across the border in 2 weeks.

cheers to all.

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #1,512 of 3,761
Quote:

Quick! There's 1 left, I just bought another one.
biggrin.gif

SONY MP3 VIDEO WALKMAN DOCK CHARGING SYNC NWA USB NEW on eBay (end time 24-Jul-09 09:57:37 BST)

wink.gif

Sooz, where is the other half of your stale custard tart?
biggrin.gif
Send it over please duck, I'm a bit peckish.

Cheers - going, going - Gone!

Just need to find a NWU5 cradle holder so it will look nice and flush after doing the cutaway section to the dock.

Have added that Argos clearence to my fav seler list as they will always have bargains on there with all that excess old stock left over.

Let us know how your car adaptor plan works out later on then ; )

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #1,513 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussa Audio Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it had weird headphones on display, the over the ear noise cancelling ones, and for some reason the X even at the top volume of 30 sounded so low. I wish I bought my Monster Turbines or something else.

But even then, I can tell that the Sony X sounds more NATURAL than the S639 I have. I know if I had my own headphones it would have sounded even better.

I really like the sound though.

They wanted 500 bucks plus tax...so here it would cost 525...ack!!!

I will wait for mine when a relative brings it across the border in 2 weeks.

cheers to all.

That is ridiculous. 500?? That better by the 32 GB one. I have to wait 2 weeks and 3 days till my little piece of X comes in. ;]
Till then I'll have to listen to my acoustic driver modified K810i Sony Ericcson with Shure SE210 headphones. As you can see, i need an upgrade in music hardware. lol

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #1,514 of 3,761
It sounds like a very interesting player, especially since it'd be a nice complement to my D2. I like my A818 but 8gb's is pretty small and 16 or 32 would be much better. I'm not too concerned about the other features which seem to be lacking at best but the SQ has piqued my interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back