I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 4, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #1,531 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's my NWU3 dock wrecked.
triportsad.gif
I can't find a suitable place to mount it in the car, so my idea was to hide the dock and run a lead from the plug to the X.

Thing is, I can't find a female socket to plug into the dock, so I removed to the dock plug and soldered it on a long lead, Big Mistake! the tiny ribbon cable lifted the circuit board track and the damn thing was foobared.

Plan B.
biggrin.gif

Next I used the male plug and wired up a simple line out to a stereo mini jack. It works, but it's quieter than the headphone out and the volume isn't constant like it is in the dock.

Another dock is on order, they really do sound better than coming out of the headphone out, the sound jumps up in quality and the top end is noticeably more crisp and refined.

Also you don't have to power the dock to use the line out, powering it is only for charging the walkman.

If anyone knows of a male to female lead or adaptor, I will be very grateful if you could let me know...

Ta.

Neil.
wink.gif

Did not know you could use the line out on the dock without power, learn something new everyday!

Would use more juice from the player battery though i guess doing that?

I take it you mean the 22 pin connector ina a female? s it possible to get the female 22 pin with a longish cable?
Might need to strip an old Sony player for the female connector and patch a cable to it somehow?

My NWU3 dock should arrive today more than likely, then i can hack a nice big hole in there to fit the X, just need to find a spare X cradle so it fits flush in dock.

A mobile phone holder will be the best way to hold the X in your car Neeley i would of thought as you will now just try and run a cable from the dock hidden away.

If i get time this weekend i will try and see if Connects 2 have done an adaptor for the X yet and see what comes up scanning the web in general.

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #1,532 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ym_21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope this question has not been asked before but:

[size=medium]Does this player have unicode support?[/size]

ie. Does it display Chinese/Japanese/Korean tags?

Here are some example tags you can use to test for me:

Chinese: 方力申 - 自欺欺人
Japanese: 浜崎あゆみ - フィギュア
Korean: 사랑이라는건 - 고개돌려

Preferably response from UK users.

Thanks!

Ok, I am not a UK, US or JPN user, but my X1060F can display ALL characters properly.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #1,534 of 3,761
I despise you so much. First you tell of what can only be described as an Aural Orgasm and your telling me it becomes screaming hot with JVC's!? I might have to delete my account here because i feel sorry for my wallet!

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #1,535 of 3,761
Heh, well at least the Victor FX500's are a relative bargain. Feel fortunate that something like the IE8's don't have quite the same synergy!

Edit: I see you have the X on the way. You'll enjoy regardless of earphone used. Also, I'm not sure I'm the one you despise-
evil_smiley.gif
-but the FX500's are less 'hot' with the X than with the iPhone 3G. So I think the X helps tame the brightness/hotness.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #1,536 of 3,761
Is there a way to export my playlists in itunes and use them on my X? I tried exporting the playlists but they only export in .txt or .xml (i'm using mac os x)

From what i have read the X only takes .pla

Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see you have the X on the way. You'll enjoy regardless of earphone used. Also, I'm not sure I'm the one you despise-
evil_smiley.gif
-but the FX500's are less 'hot' with the X than with the iPhone 3G. So I think the X helps tame the brightness/hotness.

100% agree, they even sound good with cheap creative ep630's!!! Getting my victors in a few weeks when my wallet is not empty
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #1,537 of 3,761
Hallelujah!!!! After months of waiting, I finally made it to the promise land. I got my X early today Yayyyy!!!

I’ve been listening for a several hours using my IE8s, and my ears tell me that it’s better than my Sony S638 which was the best DAP I’d heard till now. The screen is absolutely brilliant and gives very good indication of the sound. The sound is so “colourful”. Not in the negative connotation that that word is so often attributed to in audiophile circles, but you can hear Pianos, guitars, flutes/trumpets and horns, etc with full vibrancy and vividness. I’m not a classical Junkie but I sure would be adding some more classical albums to my collection.

The X sure knows how to climax!! I was listening to Michael Jackson’s “Dirty Diana” and the Sheer amount of Eargasms and Climax that was bestowed upon my ears made me see why there was so much fuss about 100% full protection delicate rubber clothing**** You guys are wayyyy too funny haha****. In all seriousness, I’ve never heard those Electric Guitars and his voice so alive.

IIRC The sound signature is similar to the Samsung P2 and P3 which are pretty decent DAPs, but they aren’t as detailed and refined and are overly artificial and digital sounding. The treble resolution really is something to behold. The X has the highest resolution of any DAP I’ve heard yet it doesn’t get nearly as strident as say my S638. This trick of being revealing yet forgiving as I’ve come to learn is all in the Treble. Details come forth with a sense of effortlessness out of a dark background.

What is amazing is the accuracy and grip with which this S master amplifier handles transients. I was using a “Best of Chesky” test track for transients. This test, checks the speed, grip and precision at which the amplifier is able to “preserve the original wave form integrity” of say a trumpet or a horn. Nothing lingers in the mix, when it’s not supposed to. This allows for the aforementioned black background a cleaner sound and a better dynamic range. To tell the truth I really see no faults in the player as yet. Of course this could be a honeymoon period but the player has deep bass, palpable mids, delicately sweet treble, decent soundstage width and depth and width in comparison to my S638. What’s not to like? I still need to listen a bit more but perhaps because I haven’t heard anything better I just don’t see what’s missing. My mom really aint gonna get any problem with me staying home now haha.

I really am a fan of the design and form factor. In echoing what have been mentioned before. It looks a lot better in person than in photos. The screen is very responsive. You can scroll so fast that you’ll reach your destination long before Album arts and Song names start popping up ha-ha. I haven’t tried the browser yet but will do so in due time to see how crappy it really is haha.

Oh one more thing!! Am I to think that a Case and cleaning sheet weren’t included in you guys package and Sony knowing how special I am decided to include them in mine. Please tell me this is the case as my wonderful mom’s wallet will feel a lot happier ha-ha! I’m asking because I see most of you are ordering cases. If someone can help me find a link to where you can upload Photos, I’ll be happy to use my crappy phone and post a few. I’ll probably post some more with more extensive listening, until then it’s some serious Audio bliss!!!!

Regards,
HONEYBOY

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #1,538 of 3,761
HONEYBOY-
Congrats on receiving the X. If it sounds good to you now, just wait, it actually has some positive burn in effects with the digital amp, and the soundstage will open up even more. Glad to hear the wait was worth it.

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #1,539 of 3,761
Quote:

HONEYBOY-
Congrats on receiving the X. If it sounds good to you now, just wait, it actually has some positive burn in effects with the digital amp, and the soundstage will open up even more. Glad to hear the wait was worth it.

X2!!! HONEYBOY, get ready for even more sonic bliss! The 'burn in' is real
L3000.gif
Enjoy!!!! Oh, and I agree 200% about your description of the X's sound. We must be sonic twins or something
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #1,540 of 3,761
Wow HONEYBOY!!!! That's an amazing review.

The X is fantastic with guitars, truly fantastic. The whole sound signature is like nothing I've ever heard before. And I agreed with Poppy before that apart from soundstage and power, it's more than a match for the Touch/LOD/Mustang, which is amazing straight out of the headphone socket. X is so good it doesn't need a true line out
regular_smile .gif

I'm interested in that 'Best of Chesky' disc now. You made it sound so good
atsmile.gif

Anyway, really nice that it's all you thought it would be and more, and it will be even MORE in a few days, just wait and see. Ooh, don't forget to join the X owners club
icon10.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #1,541 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow HONEYBOY!!!! That's an amazing review.

The X is fantastic with guitars, truly fantastic. The whole sound signature is like nothing I've ever heard before. And I agreed with Poppy before that apart from soundstage and power, it's more than a match for the Touch/LOD/Mustang, which is amazing straight out of the headphone socket. X is so good it doesn't need a true line out
regular_smile .gif

I'm interested in that 'Best of Chesky' disc now. You made it sound so good
atsmile.gif

Anyway, really nice that it's all you thought it would be and more, and it will be even MORE in a few days, just wait and see. Ooh, don't forget to join the X owners club
icon10.gif

And don't forget piano
icon10.gif
I've never heard piano sound so natural and full as I do with the X- the decay and sustain are realistic, which most daps get wrong. And yes guitars are are just SO amazing, I was listening to some Jesse Cook the other night, and it was nothing short of breathtakingly orgasmic
icon10.gif
lol So warm , full, detailed and alive sounding, guitar just doesn't sound right on my other daps anymore. I guess it's time to put them on the shelf.
wink.gif
Now that I think about it.... cymbals and percussion sound out of this world on the X also!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #1,542 of 3,761
Ihatepopupads-
X2 on piano. Stunning. Shall we just say, Norah Jones 'Come Away With Me'? And yeah, Jesse Cook sounds breathtaking on the X too.

Thankfully for my other DAP I only have the A829, which is not so bad either. I'm sure I can stand to keep that as a backup. :=)

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #1,543 of 3,761
Quote:

Ihatepopupads-
X2 on piano. Stunning. Shall we just say, Norah Jones 'Come Away With Me'? And yeah, Jesse Cook sounds breathtaking on the X too.

Don't care for Norah Jones but I would like to go away with Jesse! And Jesse sounds better with W3 than the IE8.

Poppy, I am glad you like Jesse! Do you have the live disc 'Montreal'? It's really well recorded and sounds amazing with the X! I can send a copy if you like
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #1,544 of 3,761
He could serenade you nightly!! Heh heh!

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,545 of 3,761
Quote:

He could serenade you nightly!! Heh heh!

Well, he is very nice looking and I've always fancied being serenaded nightly by a guitarist... or a chef, well, cooked for by a chef lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back