I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #1,141 of 3,761
Damn that sucks Neely, and sony is usually on top of this stuff. Here's hoping the 3rd one is Golden
L3000.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #1,142 of 3,761
Well, my NW-x1060 Black Ice is waiting for me at the Post Office. I'll get it when I'm back from my business trip. The CKL-NWX1000 and PRF-NWP300 already showed up. I'm hoping it works with the English Sonicstage CP. Accoring to the Sony Japan website it works with both SonicStage CP 4 as well as V, so keeping my fingers crossed. I can install the Japanese SonicStage V; I'm just trying to avoid it.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #1,144 of 3,761
I've given my X1060 a bit of time to burn in with the SQ and to be honest I am not that impressed. I compared the SQ with the X1060 and S639F with both stock headphones plugged in and the Sennheiser CX300 plugged in with the same EQ settings on and off and I feel they both have the same SQ but the S639F sounds a little bit better with a little bit more bass.
eek.gif
and I payed more for the X1060 :eek

The X1060 is still a good sounding player but I was expecting better SQ with it being over £100 more than the S639F regardless of the web browser and NC. But that is only my personal opinion.

I know people will tell me to try expensive phones like the IE8 but it mean saving up another £200.

Sorry

Art

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #1,145 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've given my X1060 a bit of time to burn in with the SQ and to be honest I am not that impressed. I compared the SQ with the X1060 and S639F with both stock headphones plugged in and the Sennheiser CX300 plugged in with the same EQ settings on and off and I feel they both have the same SQ but the S639F sounds a little bit better with a little bit more bass.
eek.gif

The X1060 is still a good sounding player but I was expecting better SQ with it being over £100 more than the S639F regardless of the web browser and NC. But that is only my personal opinion.

I know people will tell me to try expensive phones like the IE8 but it mean saving up another £200.

Sorry

Art

LOL Artmuzz, sorry for what?
icon10.gif

You can just return it, there's no point keeping it if you're not impressed with it. I can't see that everyone is going to love it anyway, that would just be weird
ph34r.gif

And the 639 is a good player anyway
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #1,146 of 3,761
Quote:

eek.gif

Sorry

Art

Have some patience; it took me a few days till it hit me how much better the X really is compared to my A808; doing AB-switching and listening analytical doesn't make it obvious at firs glance, but the X' lively character makes music much enjoyable. Now I absolutely love it.
Some here say it is because it needs some burning-in, could well be.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #1,147 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL Artmuzz, sorry for what?
icon10.gif

You can just return it, there's no point keeping it if you're not impressed with it. I can't see that everyone is going to love it anyway, that would just be weird
ph34r.gif

And the 639 is a good player anyway
ksc75smile.gif

Hey Soozieq, I thought i'd say "Sorry" just incase there was other posters here who wasn't happy with me saying that I was disappointed with the X1060.
biggrin.gif

Bad news is that my local Sony Centre where I bought the X1060 from has closed down
frown.gif
so I will have to selll it on eBay and get the Sennheiser IE8 phones with the money.

Art

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #1,148 of 3,761
Quote:

Hey Soozieq, I thought i'd say "Sorry" just incase there was other posters here who wasn't happy with me saying that I was disappointed with the X1060.
biggrin.gif

Bad news is that my local Sony Centre where I bought the X1060 from has closed down
frown.gif
so I will have to selll it on eBay and get the Sennheiser IE8 phones with the money.

Art

Haha Art - it's not that kind of thread where anyone's going to take it personally if you don't like it
icon10.gif

But even though your Sony centre has closed down, you should still be able to return it to any one. Give Sony a call, maybe you can return it by post to another centre, there's no sense in losing money if you don't have to.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #1,149 of 3,761
Quote:

eek.gif

Sorry

Art

i think you should give it a try, why don't you try it with more expensive hp? like the ie8 or maybe with some cans?
happy_face1.gif

one more thing, the cx300 sound like crap you should definitely upgrade them to hear the difference between the players
wink.gif
just wait and don't rush, you won't know what you've missed until it's gone
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #1,150 of 3,761
Quote:

frown.gif

Art

Ooooooooooooh. It's an omen saying hang on to the X. Or it's karma for not liking it....
biggrin.gif

Well my second replacement is on order, they seemed a bit reluctant to send another one out before this one has been received. I pushed them and apparently they will send one out today. We'll see.
smile.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #1,151 of 3,761
anyone tried line out with the player? wonder how it compares to A808 after amping to Pico amp.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #1,152 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone tried line out with the player? wonder how it compares to A808 after amping to Pico amp.

A mate came round with his graham slee voyager. The X still had the same sonic character but had some real slam and impact behind it. Kind of like an X on steroids.

Perhaps a better way of describing it would be to say it didn't sound polite anymore, but meaty and rich with that lovely top end too. That was through the headphone jack.
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #1,153 of 3,761
Quote:

eek.gif

Sorry

Art

S639 is a sweet sounding player, to be honest it took me a while to really appreciate the X. I can barely hear any difference with the stock phones between the 2. I do know with good phones the X is clearer than the s639 and is more detailed. But if I didn't have the X, the s639 would be enough sq wise for me. CX300 are not that revealing so your not going to notice much difference. No need to be sorry, variety is the spice of life.

I mean how goofy would it be if everyone liked the same thing? Head-fi would have no reason to exist, we'd all just go to the apple site, and praise our pods
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #1,154 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A mate came round with his graham slee voyager. The X still had the same sonic character but had some real slam and impact behind it. Kind of like an X on steroids.

Perhaps a better way of describing it would be to say it didn't sound polite anymore, but meaty and rich with that lovely top end too. That was through the headphone jack.
wink.gif

Nice! I miss when sony used to have the switchable LO on their daps. I do think you can get a LO signal through the sony dock though.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #1,155 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice! I miss when sony used to have the switchable LO on their daps. I do think you can get a LO signal through the sony dock though.

Hey, if here's any to confirm this, please let me know. It may be a great solution for me while listening at work. I could utilize the cleaner signal, have the X charged, and get the best out of the Mustang all at the same time!!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back