I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #1,171 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The line out adapter is already released since last year. see my signature on the line out. but it has to be ordered from Japan. There is definitely a difference.

Is that line out reallt that useful? I mean, i'm new here and don't know much about making a rig. I know it sounds silly but what's a line out and what's a phone out?
Would it be a good rig if i use X1060 > Silver dragon mini to mini > Corda XXS > CK100? or do i miss something?

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #1,172 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by corujo712 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, with the screen, is it scratch resistant similar to the ipod touch and cownon s9? (you can hack at the screen with a pocket knife and no mark is left?!?!)

I believe the screen is plastic. But, looking at the iPhone screen (which has the same screen as the touch) and the X side by side I'd say the difference is not that great. In comparison, you can see some very slight waviness to the surface of the X, however, I don't think that the screen will prove itself as resilient as that of the iPod Touch/iPhone in terms of scratchability, but I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps others have an opinion of this?

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #1,173 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kon-Masti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the screen is plastic. But, looking at the iPhone screen (which has the same screen as the touch) and the X side by side I'd say the difference is not that great. In comparison, you can see some very slight waviness to the surface of the X, however, I don't think that the screen will prove itself as resilient as that of the iPod Touch/iPhone in terms of scratchability, but I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps others have an opinion of this?

Yea... i read earlier in the thread that the manual says its glass but people say it feels like plastic.

I guess i have to wait until mine comes from the UK -> Aus
icon10.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #1,175 of 3,761
Tapping an iPhone screen and the X's screen produce similar sounds. Soooo, it could be glass after all, BUT, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm sure the X's screen depresses ever so slightly when pressed, whereas the iPhone screen has no give at all. Hmmm...

ETA: no advice on the audiobook issue then?

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #1,176 of 3,761
Hurrah, my third X has arrived. This one has a wobbly headphone jack and volume rocker, where as the first two didn't. Seeing as everyone else's has the wobblies I'm presuming this is a good thing. Well it hasn't crashed yet anyway. Fingers crossed this one is teh shizz init.
icon10.gif

Now for the firmware updates we want.....
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #1,177 of 3,761
This thread appears to have gone out of control since going on holiday last week! ha ha.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the leather case is available anywhere in the UK yet? Can't be dealing with reading what i've missed
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks in advance

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #1,178 of 3,761
I have a Sony P1i pda mobile with touchscreen and its screen is very resilient and scratch resistant. If the X's screen is similar they wont be any worries.
I have seen a number of peoples Iphone's screens cracked and scratched.
Maybe a slight give is a good thing on the X as it wont be too brittle and will take a knock or 2. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but i-nique in the UK have screen protectors, silicon and leather cases for the X-series. They also have an Ebay store and ship worldwide (unlike Amazon for electronic and accessories).

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #1,180 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Rose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that line out reallt that useful? I mean, i'm new here and don't know much about making a rig. I know it sounds silly but what's a line out and what's a phone out?
Would it be a good rig if i use X1060 > Silver dragon mini to mini > Corda XXS > CK100? or do i miss something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it didn't function as a true line-out though in terms of not being able to bypass the internal amplifier? Is it actually a true line-out? Does it need to be plugged into a power source in order to work?

I am not sure wat is the diff but a line out from a sound card or DAP would sound super dull and no soundstage at all like raw sound. (remember to turn down volume of line out before listening, ipod i think cannot turn down line out volume)

Line out although does not bypass the internal amplifier, it does pass through the colouring process (a few caps and resistors and voltage protector). The line out sounds like the raw sound. So I guessed this will improve the sound and when to try it. And hey it does improve on the low and high extension using Pico through line out instead of headphone out. Soundstage and clarity is better than from headphone out.

The adapter does not require power to be plugged in. but it is useful as you can listen to music while charging unlike the normal cable that comes in the box. One note though the build quality of the adapter is horrible.(Made in China as always). So have to protect it when you bring your rig out.

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #1,181 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by flexium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask again, does anyone know for sure that x1000 has a glass screen on top??

I feel that Zune HD might be taking away some of x1000's customer in september.

Glass. I've had my X apart. it's glass
wink_face.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I'll put up youtube video of me trying to scratch it with various sharp objects, If I have to
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #1,182 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink_face.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I'll put up youtube video of me trying to scratch it with various sharp objects, If I have to
biggrin.gif

Please do, make sure it is entertaining
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #1,184 of 3,761
Quote:

wink_face.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

biggrin.gif

That would be awesome if you could.... then i don't need to buy an invisible shield if it doesn't scratch
tongue.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #1,185 of 3,761
Quote:

wink_face.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

biggrin.gif

WHAT?! Don't be crazy!!! You've had it apart and you know it's glass. Don't deliberately try and damage it lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back