I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #1,126 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was the headphone jack I was talking about
biggrin.gif
It has some play in it, and yes the volume rocker does also, the plastic piece just rests between the buttons and the side. It's normal to be loose.

you're absolutely right and i am going mad
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #1,127 of 3,761
Hi,Play didn't post till Tue morning,arrived Thu thou(things like this get posted from UK i think,couple of other similar things or costlier seem to come a day or 2 earlier than my norm).Main reason for using Play was i really liked the A829 + will have cost me about £217,so was looking like a keeper(after receiving,easy to package back up,no sticky plastic seals etc to carefully lift with a stanley knife bade etc,or bubble packed etc
beyersmile.png
).
Havn't had much time to listen,newish to portable stuff,was well happy with the A829 thou,& the convenience of the BT21G bluetooth headphones(no wires,not too isolating & sound quality better than expected,lots seem to think the same).
Must admit,makes you listen to a lot more music,walking around a town,village etc.Like a lot,like walking around places,looking in shops etc,still like catching a Bus,Train etc.Thought it might distract from the experience,but it don't,play when you like,as long as you don't start singing
beyersmile.png
Only really got Shure SE110(when £18 at Play) & BT21G at the mo(well got CX300's & some Audio-Technica buds with wires over the ears,that's supposedly OK + a few others,Motorola BT etc).
First impression with SE110,with stuff on player,underwhelmed,also same with a few albums i put on.
After listening a bit,realised things on say right & left of soundstage(vocals or instruments)were a lot better,even maybe a bit more balanced/detailed or a bit louder.This does takeaway impression of lead singer being 3D'ish,singing just in front of your face(little bit less detail,crispness) etc,but overall its better,more like my HiFi set up.I like it
L3000.gif
.Bit like PRAT IMO you can have too much of it,well at my age anyway
beyersmile.png
,can reduce your listening time capabilites(good thou).Some like GF,mates etc like my say HiFi system,but its not there main passion etc,'its good' etc,yet again i look at there legs/feet,even if music is just in background,you see them tapping away
beyersmile.png

Regards loudness,must admit i do need a bit more,not too bad on frequency responses thou,ain't lost too much of the top end. etc.Looking more at Replaygain etc,it don't lose quality just gives you a bit more loudness,so might use it(or Sony thing,if it don't use Replaygain,or other gain things).Not had too much trouble thou,its loud enough few notch's below 30,seems to be less vol than A829 to bring everything out.
Didn't want to lose out on the A829's advantages IMO,so bought these(UK):-

SONY WLA-NWB1 Bluetooth Transmitter NW NWS NWA Series on eBay, also, Universal, Bluetooth Accessories, Mobile Home Phones (end time 10-Jun-09 21:35:33 BST)

Was £9.99 with free P&P when i bought it(bookmark seller,if interested),ordered at 10:00am,posted not long after,received next day),works well with X1060 & this(bought because of having A829):-

Play.com (UK) : Sony SRS-BT100 Portable Bluetooth Speakers : Electronics - Free Delivery

Comes on at £30 regularly,Play not Playtrade,probably,Price i paid,Sony shop £100.Bit bassy,might suit some thou.Its not bad.Hope it comes on again for peeps.Ok for the kitchen etc.

Won't work with this thou,needs passkey of '0000',this is '1234',well made thou(good as Sony,nice aluminium tube),not really loud,or much bass,but portable,Li ion battery etc,have to join with a wire,but BT range only seems a few metres anyway(not like BT21G headphones):-
Sells for £40 or so on web,been £15,selt it to brotherinlaw as well,for hols etc,now £9.99,Ok for garden etc:-

Play.com (UK) : Linx BTUBE Bluetooth Rechargeable MP3 / iPod Speaker : Electronics - Free Delivery

Looks like back up to £12.99,still OK IMO.Impressed my neices little boyfriend.
Looked on eBay for BT21G headphones,looked like nothing going to cheap enough,no warranty etc,even surplus to requirements A829 etc owners,so bought this from Argus,maybe a should have bought A829 again ? :-

Buy Sony Neckband Bluetooth Headphones and Dongle for iPod. at Argos.co.uk

Don't no why,prob same as BT21G(flashing lights are diff thou i think),but these marked up as BT21iK.Seem better that with A829,& feet tapping a lot more.
Think my sister as a iPod shuffle & BT radio in her car,pob give her the dongle,yet again could buy my neices 30Gig iPod,she uses a Touch,she as now.Maybe cooler
beyersmile.png
If it works with it,3yr old.

Seems to be widespread,but i'm made up with cold,had a couple of beers,one digit typist etc,so this is a long post from me(the relief for peeps
L3000.gif
).
Orders FX500's,see how i go on with customs,not too bothered thou.Worth a shot for the price alone,being first dearish portable HP's(got Senn HD650's don't use them as much as i should),can buy other's later.
X1060 is a keeper thou,OK browser etc is rubbish.Got a Orbit2 phone,that don't seem too bad with music(surprised me),but battery life is/will be Carp.
Ordered screen protectors from Amazon,have used Brando,Martin Fields etc for PDA's etc & there good(not perfect IMO in any type of day light,whether anti reflection etc).Made my own from cheapo's from Dealextreme etc(or pupose made),there not bad,made one for A829,you couldn't tell it was on,near enough.See how it goes.

Cheers BOB

ps sorryb if post seems,waffling,cold & little bit of beer
beyersmile.png

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #1,129 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by vr5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're absolutely right and i am going mad
confused_face(1).gif

you don't need to go mad as this is a positive issue; it shows that the engineers at Sony think ahead!

If the headphonejack is soldered to the mainboard it would easily break someday while handling the unit inside your pocket or s.th. else.
Mounted on a flexcable or s.th. like this will guarantee that the headphonejack keeps alive much longer!

It's the same as the powersocket on a Sony Vaio UX: When you plug in the powersupply you'll think "Oh my god, it's loose, it's broken!"
But it is everything than that, it is clever construction to keep damage away!

So, does anyone know when this baby will be available across Europe?
It's so unfair that only our british neighbours can buy it! :))

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #1,130 of 3,761
Quote:

So, does anyone know when this baby will be available across Europe?
It's so unfair that only our british neighbours can buy it! :))

Same here!! When in Europe?

(And, what is the DAC if this series?)

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #1,131 of 3,761
ha it's already in my country
biggrin.gif

although it's the 16Gb model only it's far more expensive than the competitor cowon s9 with about 100euros
frown.gif
which is 200euros (the 16Gb model)
have you heard about the rumour of an x series player with android on it??!!
that's definitely a must buy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #1,132 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by comuneros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here!! When in Europe?

(And, what is the DAC if this series?)

I think the dac is part of the digital amp, so I would say sony made the dac. Of course this is just a guess.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #1,133 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to the rmaa graphs the x1000 series seems to have a bass roll-off, that's surprising coming from sony...

I noticed that, but it sure doesn't sound like it does, weird.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #1,134 of 3,761
Well, the graph was made with the IE8s, and I do find the bass out of the X a bit soft with those IEM's.
This is no complaint though, I like that, combines good with the silky treble.

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #1,136 of 3,761
F%/@^"*$g* B0**%0k$.....
angry_face.gif

Well my nice and shiny replacement X arrived but the bloody thing keeps freezing up......
triportsad.gif

It mainly happens when scrolling through the album art but it has also froze a few time while playing.

Has anyone else had any freezing issues? Another thing, the album art is very slow to appear when scrolling, most of the time it;s blank squares until the scrolling stops...

May be 3rd time lucky,
redface.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #1,138 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
F%/@^"*$g* B0**%0k$.....
angry_face.gif

Well my nice and shiny replacement X arrived but the bloody thing keeps freezing up......
triportsad.gif

It mainly happens when scrolling through the album art but it has also froze a few time while playing.

Has anyone else had any freezing issues? Another thing, the album art is very slow to appear when scrolling, most of the time it;s blank squares until the scrolling stops...

May be 3rd time lucky,
redface.gif

That sucks Neely , I'm going to ask the obvious.. did you do a reset? I haven't had any problems with mine at all. I wonder if there really is a difference between batches? Mine came from uhhhh John something or other
biggrin.gif
Posh department store I imagine?

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #1,139 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks Neely , I'm going to ask the obvious.. did you do a reset? I haven't had any problems with mine at all. I wonder if there really is a difference between batches? Mine came from uhhhh John something or other
biggrin.gif
Posh department store I imagine?

Actually, yours came from some smelly dodgy old guy on a stall outside John Lewis - but he looked genuine
atsmile.gif

Neeley-
My cover art is still jerky when I scroll through. I just figured eveyone's was but that I was the only one whining
dt880smile.png

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #1,140 of 3,761
Thanks for the support boys and girls. Yes I've done several resets and formats, after which it seems to settle down for 5 minutes then freezes again.

If the next one is foobared I'm going to buy an iplop.
icon10.gif

Stay tuned for part 3....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back