I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Apr 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #3,361 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Installation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frankly I doubt sony are looking for an "ipod killer" - it doesn't exist :p

D

They (Sony) should be, when it comes to profit and bottom line they are in direct competition for the share of the market and i am sure Sony would love to somehow get that slice of the pie back, so far they haven't, not sure they will though, but i think it is dectromental in what players Sony are trying to put out there with the likes of the X due to that shiny Apple.

But long as my Sony players sound good i am happy as Larry!
bigsmile_face.gif

What would be classed as funk by the way? ; )

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #3,362 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Installation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frankly I doubt sony are looking for an "ipod killer" - it doesn't exist :p

And andy, what size is your x - that factors into the price
biggrin.gif

tongue_smile.gif
32gb.

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #3,364 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well said. For sony X, better to go with wav to enjoy the best.

No kidding, the Sony X is now my personal multi-CD player
biggrin.gif

They make my ATH-ES7 sing, and like it has been mentionned here, I never tire of the sound, always so gooood.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #3,365 of 3,761
Who needs Walkers? Long live Golden Wonder. Full bags back then too.
beerchug.gif

Cryptic yes, but the oldies will understand.
icon10.gif

Pics of a new car docking station I made coming up later, this one's much easier to use.

smile.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #3,366 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif

icon10.gif

Pics of a new car docking station I made coming up later, this one's much easier to use.

smile.gif

I don't understand it at all haha. Does this mean am not old?
Neeley, I wish if when I was bored I was as dexterous as you. Almost anything I decide to "fix" or experiment with never recovers.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #3,367 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No kidding, the Sony X is now my personal multi-CD player
biggrin.gif

They make my ATH-ES7 sing, and like it has been mentionned here, I never tire of the sound, always so gooood.

Yeah the synergy with the (ES7 + X) is very good. I preferred that combo to using the more expensive (ESW9 + X).

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #3,368 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand it at all haha. Does this mean am not old?
Neeley, I wish if when I was bored I was as dexterous as you. Almost anything I decide to "fix" or experiment with never recovers.

chuckle.gif

I new I would have to explain it.
toothless.gif

For many years Sony were the most popular brand for personal cassette / CD walkmans. The phrase was always "Sony walkman" whichever brand of player was being talked about, like today people say "ipod", it's al they know.

Well, Golden wonder crisps were the the kings, you bought a packet of crisps they were Golden Wonder's until Walkers came along. Then GW just disappeared. Aka Sony and Apple.

Follow me? I thought not...

Remember Smiths crisps? With the little blue sachet of salt.....

I'll get me coat.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #3,369 of 3,761
Quote:

beerchug.gif

icon10.gif

smile.gif

Look forward to your new creations now with what you can do with a dock, like Blue Peter for adults! lol

Quote:

chuckle.gif

I new I would have to explain it.
toothless.gif

For many years Sony were the most popular brand for personal cassette / CD walkmans. The phrase was always "Sony walkman" whichever brand of player was being talked about, like today people say "ipod", it's al they know.

Well, Golden wonder crisps were the the kings, you bought a packet of crisps they were Golden Wonder's until Walkers came along. Then GW just disappeared. Aka Sony and Apple.

Follow me? I thought not...

Remember Smiths crisps? With the little blue sachet of salt.....

I'll get me coat.
tongue_smile.gif

Remember Neeley there was great names like Alba, Matsui and Goodmans, lol, now we just have names like Technika & Mikomi! lol
icon10.gif

I used to love GW, especially the big family size bags, yum!

Don't think Sony will disappear altogether with their portable range, hope not anyhow, but they have lost their crown to Apple, whether they get it back will be another question.

Main thing Sony have still got the basic ingredient's right which is the SQ thankfully.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #3,370 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to love GW, especially the big family size bags, yum!

bigsmile_face.gif

drool2.gif

CRUNCH! Om nom nom nom nom. Cheese n' onion.

images-1.jpg

Quote:

Remember Neeley there was great names like Alba, Matsui and Goodmans, lol, now we just have names like Technika & Mikomi!
biggrin.gif

music.gif
Corrr, not heard those names in a while.... If you had anything portable made by Alba or Matsui you felt extremely embarrassed to be seen with it. Think I had an Alba music center at one time, god that was a piece of ****.
bigsmile_face.gif

Remember the battle to make the smallest sized cassette player? Think it was Panasonic (or National Panasonic as it was called back then) made some barely larger than a cassette itself. Some of those players were a work of art, incredible detail.
smile.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #3,371 of 3,761
Just a quickie to get motivated for some proper summer build action.

In my previous build the dock was mounted in the center console, after a while having it in that position became a right annoying pain in the arse so I've moved it.

The end.
biggrin.gif

Old position.

CIMG1397.jpg

New mount.

CIMG2151.jpg

CIMG2150.jpg

CIMG2144.jpg

CIMG2145.jpg

CIMG2148.jpg

CIMG2147.jpg

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #3,372 of 3,761
Seems like I grabbed my X just in time ; my local Sony Store closed!

About 3 weeks ago they had a huge sale, I was wondering why. Ended up buying a carry pouch for the X for 11$ instead of 25$. If I had known, might have looked for something else too!

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #3,373 of 3,761
Quote:

drool2.gif

CRUNCH! Om nom nom nom nom. Cheese n' onion.

images-1.jpg

music.gif
Corrr, not heard those names in a while.... If you had anything portable made by Alba or Matsui you felt extremely embarrassed to be seen with it. Think I had an Alba music center at one time, god that was a piece of ****.
bigsmile_face.gif

Remember the battle to make the smallest sized cassette player? Think it was Panasonic (or National Panasonic as it was called back then) made some barely larger than a cassette itself. Some of those players were a work of art, incredible detail.
smile.gif

Ironically i am munching on a packet of Walkers Cheese & Onion whilst typing this with my non greasy hand that is! (still not the same as GW's)

Yes, imagine if Alba or Matsui trying to make things like daps today and what they would turn out like!
eek.gif

Yes i had the Sony cassette sized Walkman which cost over £100 circa 1991-2 and had 3 megabass settings with a leather case which attached by screwing it on at the back with a belt holder slot, unfortunately with delicate in the way it was constructed it developed a fault where the hinge system to the cover was all connected to the tape head transport and had play in it when shut so would chew up my tapes and when Sony wanted £60 to repair a £100 Walkman that was the end of that
frown.gif

That is when i got the Panasonic (£120) cassette sized player model around 1993 to replace it which had in line digital display remote which had dolby b + c! only lasted 18 moths at most then got an Aiwa £130 which was reliable but turned my eye to Minidisc soon after which was another adventure before Sony brought out the HD1, HD3 & HD5 HDD players!

Quote:

Just a quickie to get motivated for some proper summer build action.

In my previous build the dock was mounted in the center console, after a while having it in that position became a right annoying pain in the arse so I've moved it.

The end.
biggrin.gif

New mount.

CIMG2148.jpg

[/IMG]

Wow, like Honeyboy said; you do have a dexterous skill there Neeley, must be great to just make what you want on the fly
wink_face.gif

What car is that then? i don't recognize the dash there, guessing it may be Italian or French?

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #3,374 of 3,761
Quote:

What car is that then? i don't recognize the dash there, guessing it may be Italian or French?

My guess is Citroen, cannot remember the model name, whateve was before C5 I think.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #3,375 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is Citroen, cannot remember the model name, whateve was before C5 I think.

Cheers Sqadzik, i was just thinking if maybe Neeley got a Japanese car, the chances are the Sony dock would already be there. lol
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back