I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #2,971 of 3,761
I just tried the earphones supplied with my player and there is one observation at the very start; they give much more hiss than my AKG K450!

They are going back to the box.

Maybe someone will want to buy a replacement? If so, let me know, I will happily sell mine.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #2,973 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too bad this Sony isnt realistic about the price point on this product, they should have left that 299 price for the 32 gig.

What are you talking about? The deals are over and now it will cost you below 250GBP, which is still 50GBP less than what you are potinging to.

Did you mean 199???

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #2,975 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well for GBP then I think it should be around 170 GBP.

WEll, here in the UK Cowon S9 will cost around 230GBP at least, so the prices are comparable.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #2,976 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just tried the earphones supplied with my player and there is one observation at the very start; they give much more hiss than my AKG K450!

They are going back to the box.

Maybe someone will want to buy a replacement? If so, let me know, I will happily sell mine.

its probably a sensitive IEM, its not an IEM problem lol
walkmans are known for their hiss

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #2,977 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WEll, here in the UK Cowon S9 will cost around 230GBP at least, so the prices are comparable.

Wow really? I can get the cowon s9 32gig here for around 165 gbp here in the states. I am looking to get either but I am holding out to see if anything new is coming out in the next few months.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #2,979 of 3,761
Price is the main reason I didn't keep the player. I paid $50 for the Sony NWZ-S616F about 7 months ago. $150's really all I'd be interested in putting down for the 16GB. The browser's terrible and it's got a bunch of odd little bugs. Sure, it sounds fantastic, but that's not worth $299 US...I mean...that's a freakin' PS3!!

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #2,981 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price is the main reason I didn't keep the player. I paid $50 for the Sony NWZ-S616F about 7 months ago. $150's really all I'd be interested in putting down for the 16GB. The browser's terrible and it's got a bunch of odd little bugs. Sure, it sounds fantastic, but that's not worth $299 US...I mean...that's a freakin' PS3!!

Since we're in an Audiophile forum I do not think anyone will care too much about anything else apart from SQ, I do not (even though I do not consider myself an audiophile).

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #2,983 of 3,761
I never considered my purchase as a fair deal (thought at the time I bought it, the Ipod touch 32 was 10€ yet more expensive). Paying $500/375€ for a mp3 player is ridiculous.
Cowon, Samsung, etc. have of course a better value for money (Quality/price ratio). But I was not after the best deal, I was looking for the best product.

I consider the Sony X as a better product (fav design, best dimensions, best sound qual...) and I was willing to pay (a lot of) extra money for (little) extra advantages.
I don't regret it by the way. The feel and satisfaction of owning what I consider as the best player made it totally worth.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #2,984 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dikiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never considered my purchase as a fair deal (thought at the time I bought it, the Ipod touch 32 was 10€ yet more expensive). Paying $500/375€ for a mp3 player is ridiculous.
Cowon, Samsung, etc. have of course a better value for money (Quality/price ratio). But I was not after the best deal, I was looking for the best product.

I consider the Sony X as a better product (fav design, best dimensions, best sound qual...) and I was willing to pay (a lot of) extra money for (little) extra advantages.
I don't regret it by the way. The feel and satisfaction of owning what I consider as the best player made it totally worth.

x2 here. Exactly the same thinking.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #2,985 of 3,761
Although I didn't buy the X for the same (steep) price I can totally understand your feelings, dikiz! It's a premium product! And just like you (and others) I feel proud of owning one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back