I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #257 of 3,761
Can the radio tune in US stations on the UK model like the S639 can?
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #258 of 3,761
If we're talking literal radio, I don't see why not (there isn't any region setting option on the radio, just goes up in the standard 0.05mhz steps)...

May 17, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #259 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the radio tune in US stations on the UK model like the S639 can?
biggrin.gif

Is that so you can tune into the Jonas Brothers???

May 17, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #260 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If we're talking literal radio, I don't see why not (there isn't any region setting option on the radio, just goes up in the standard 0.05mhz steps)...

Thanks
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #262 of 3,761
Duncan, I'm kind of getting interested in those earphones that have taken over as your faves
redface.gif

May 17, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #263 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that so you can tune into the Jonas Brothers???

God, those guys (gayness brothers) would melt my brain- way too friggin heavy, and ALL my volumes go to 11, you know that
biggrin.gif
tongue_smile.gif

May 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #264 of 3,761
Quote:

Duncan, I'm kind of getting interested in those earphones that have taken over as your faves
redface.gif

You already purchased a pair didn't you
icon10.gif

May 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #265 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You already purchased a pair didn't you
icon10.gif

Well, I am tempted, especially if they have good synergy with the X. And I'd especially like to hear one of your treasured copies of the Jonas Brother's Greatest Hit with them
ksc75smile.gif

Leonard-
Thanks for the update. All my videos were converted ages ago with the Cucusoft Zune software (when I had the Zune), and they're nearly all in a Sony-friendly format. And you're right about putting the jpeg in the video folder, that's what I had to do with the 829. There's no software to do that automatically I don't think.

mors-
I did some back-to-back testing with the Touch 2G today, and while I really like the Touch, I prefer the X. So if I could only keep one, it would be the X. It's altogether clearer, livelier and more musical, no contest for me. But when the Touch isn't being compared critically, it sounds great. It's only in direct comparison and when I'm specifically looking for differences that it's noticeable. Of course, now that I've heard the difference, it's hard to listen to the Touch without feeling I'm missing something.

May 17, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #266 of 3,761
Quote:

Well, I am tempted, especially if they have good synergy with the X. And I'd especially like to hear one of your treasured copies of the Jonas Brother's Greatest Hit with them
ksc75smile.gif

Tempted by a pair of fx1000 at apple's or importing a pair of fx500 for 100 quids?
Sorry a bit of topic question, but what is the minimum bitrate to really appreciate the combination of this great player with and amazing headset?
jecklinsmile.gif

May 17, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #267 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by mosso2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tempted by a pair of fx1000 at apple's or importing a pair of fx500 for 100 quids?
Sorry a bit of topic question, but what is the minimum bitrate to really appreciate the combination of this great player with and amazing headset?
jecklinsmile.gif

FX1000 is £249 at Apple, that's the same price as my UM3X! And as for bitrate, I never use anything less than 256kbps but that's just because I've convinced myself that's the least I should use
smile_phones.gif

May 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #268 of 3,761
Re Touch SQ, I guess I will wait for Sony to release a 64GB music/video only player to get that excellent SQ. I would miss the Web access too much, as well as the apps. I know not everyone uses them, but for me, gaining SQ but losing the overall package would not work, and having both seems wasteful. Does this mean you are going to sell your Touch?

Sony may someday release a music only DAP with the same SQ but not the browser, etc. They can't just have one new DAP model, right?

Also, curious about the Zune HD as well.

Quote:

ksc75smile.gif

Leonard-
Thanks for the update. All my videos were converted ages ago with the Cucusoft Zune software (when I had the Zune), and they're nearly all in a Sony-friendly format. And you're right about putting the jpeg in the video folder, that's what I had to do with the 829. There's no software to do that automatically I don't think.

mors-
I did some back-to-back testing with the Touch 2G today, and while I really like the Touch, I prefer the X. So if I could only keep one, it would be the X. It's altogether clearer, livelier and more musical, no contest for me. But when the Touch isn't being compared critically, it sounds great. It's only in direct comparison and when I'm specifically looking for differences that it's noticeable. Of course, now that I've heard the difference, it's hard to listen to the Touch without feeling I'm missing something.

May 17, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #269 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Re Touch SQ, I guess I will wait for Sony to release a 64GB music/video only player to get that excellent SQ.
I would miss the Web access too much, as well as the apps.
I know not everyone uses them, but for me, gaining SQ but losing the overall package would not work, and having both seems wasteful.
Does this mean you are going to sell your Touch?

No, not yet anyway. And if I did, I'd get an 8GB one to replace it. I'd keep it for web access and Evernote (which I can't live without!), plus my audiobooks and iTunes TV progs. The Sony would be my music player, and the Touch would be my mini computer.

May 18, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #270 of 3,761
Makes sense. They make an 8GB Touch? That would be Gen 1, then, right?

I use both the Zune and the Touch for video, and love Cucusoft, one of the best apps I've ever owned. Have to check out Evernote, looks interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back