1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First
 
Back
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
Next
 
Last
  1. ppau0822
    i too was in the same predicament! well since neither player satisfied all my requirements i decided to save up for the jh11 :p

    and BTW i heard that Sony is working on a new x series that is based on the android os and should announce it on ces '10. well if it does then that would be awesome as it is likely that it would be a 64gb player and with the android in sure that there would be a work around to get flac support [​IMG] since i have waited this long i may as well wait a few more months before deciding [​IMG] till then my A828 of 3 years will have to do [​IMG]
     
  2. ppau0822
    .
     
  3. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    i too was in the same predicament! well since neither player satisfied all my requirements i decided to save up for the jh11 :p

    and BTW i heard that Sony is working on a new x series that is based on the android os and should announce it on ces '10. well if it does then that would be awesome as it is likely that it would be a 64gb player and with the android in sure that there would be a work around to get flac support [​IMG] since i have waited this long i may as well wait a few more months before deciding [​IMG] till then my A828 of 3 years will have to do [​IMG]




    Hi there in Oz,

    What is the jh11?

    The next X most probably be fastly improved on it's weaker points and will be more of a match for the Apple Touch, but they still will struggle to get that "X" factor (pardon the pun) with the app's appeal that Apple have achieved, but that would be worth waiting for if the X goes Andriod[​IMG]

    And as all new models improve with sound usually then i defanetely can't wait for the next X sound sig if this one is anything to go by...

    Anyway pppau, if you have not heard the X, then you can not miss something you have not heard, but the A828 you have ( i had A829) sound's fine as it is, but you compare the sound to the X, it will be like being a vampire smelling blood, you want to suck the battery juice out of the X listening to it all day long[​IMG]
     
  4. ppau0822
    hey FortisFlyer,

    the jh11 are the headphones from JHA. i thought that they would be the ideal headphones to upgrade from the IE8!

    as far as the next version goes as long as sony fixes the flaws in this model while keeping the same sound sq, im sure they will have a clear winner atleast at head-fi [​IMG]

    also note that this is merely speculation but it never hurts to dream lol
     
  5. Akash
    Hi, few post back I was complaining of mild listening fatigue, however now, there is no fatigue with the YUIN PK3.

    Also I was listening to at low volumes..about 5, Now I have to go to 7 or above to get a good full sound.

    Maybe the burn in has set in?

    I love my Sony X, even more now! WOW!! Superb sound quality and to think
    I only paid £100 for the 32gb (used only for a few days)

    Totally Amazed, I don't even touch my A728 anymore, it feels like a toy compared to the X!
     
  6. soozieq
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif

    I love my Sony X, even more now! WOW!! Superb sound quality and to think
    I only paid £100 for the 32gb (used only for a few days)

    Totally Amazed, I don't even touch my A728 anymore, it feels like a toy compared to the X!




    Wow Akash, £100 for 32GB? That's an outstanding deal!! It's funny how you say you don't touch your A728 anymore. I had the 829 for a year and loved it (even more than my beloved 808), and then along came the X. I sold my 829 and kept the 808 because it has gapless and lossless support so I can never get rid of it [​IMG]

    But the X is something that grows on you, and it's hard to go back to anything else without finding some kind of fault with it!

    FF - glad you figured out it was the transfer that was messing around with the order of your tracks. dBpoweramp has been really reliable for me so I wondered what you were using for transfer. I don't know anything about the Sony sidebar. I either use WMP to transfer, or Explorer. Both methods are pretty slow, but I just leave it running and do something else. It's the first mass transfer that takes hours [​IMG]
     
  7. Akash
    [QUOTE [soozieq]Wow Akash, £100 for 32GB? That's an outstanding deal!! It's funny how you say you don't touch your A728 anymore. I had the 829 for a year and loved it (even more than my beloved 808), and then along came the X. I sold my 829 and kept the 808 because it has gapless and lossless support so I can never get rid of it ]

    But the X is something that grows on you, and it's hard to go back to anything else without finding some kind of fault with it!

    Hi Soozieq,
    Yes £100 for 32Gb was a great bargain, He wanted to sell for £190, but I said that I would rather get a brand new one and with abit of luck I managed to knock the price right down to £100!

    I don't touch my A728 cos X is so good, obviously before my X, I use to listen to it all the time thinking nothing can beat this, boy was I wrong!

    Now my quest is to find the best earphone to suit my musical needs and sound signature.

    I dont like the in-canal type, but I may change my view if I hear someones, cos I ain't buying something to try it out and then end up not liking it.
    Selling things is not always easy.

    I was thinking of upgrading to YUIN PK1 or AKG K319.

    Anyway whatever happens the X is with me for life!
     
  8. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif


    I love my Sony X, even more now! WOW!! Superb sound quality and to think
    I only paid £100 for the 32gb (used only for a few days)

    Totally Amazed, I don't even touch my A728 anymore, it feels like a toy compared to the X!




    Sell your A728 and it will make your X even more cheaper! lol


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

    FF - glad you figured out it was the transfer that was messing around with the order of your tracks. dBpoweramp has been really reliable for me so I wondered what you were using for transfer. I don't know anything about the Sony sidebar. I either use WMP to transfer, or Explorer. Both methods are pretty slow, but I just leave it running and do something else. It's the first mass transfer that takes hours [​IMG]




    The SonySide bar tool is what comes with the software cd for transderring if you have Vista sidebar on the desktop, it just shows a box with a nice little pic of your X player and you drag & drop your tunes from your folder to the Sidebar tool. Not to sure why it doesn't like putting wma files in order when trasnferring, but is okay with aac etc, wierd, can only be Sony not liking Microsoft!

    I don't think the method you use Soozieq is any slower than the way i done it with the Sony sidebar tool.

    I can go back to re-ripping cd's to wma now! sigh, thanks again for helping in resolving that[​IMG]

    Hope you liked those tunes by the way[​IMG]
     
  9. Akash
    Hi FF, Selling things is not that easy my friend, but I suppose you are right if I'm not using it, why not?
     
  10. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    hey FortisFlyer,

    the jh11 are the headphones from JHA. i thought that they would be the ideal headphones to upgrade from the IE8!

    as far as the next version goes as long as sony fixes the flaws in this model while keeping the same sound sq, im sure they will have a clear winner atleast at head-fi [​IMG]

    also note that this is merely speculation but it never hurts to dream lol




    That is a serious step up from the IE8's! eeK!

    Checked them out and if i was looking at the 11pro price band i would scrape and scrimp my pennies and just go for it with the JH13pro's!

    They must be awesome for that price, Aeromsith are now using JH11's as monitors it turns out and they only use nothing but the best there is.
    I have heard the speakers they use in the studio and i have never heard anything like them, they made M&K speakers sound average!
    Will have to check the JH threads now!

    The next X info may be speculation, but would not be surprised if it does have something like Andriod.
    As well as fixing it's initial flaws of their first touchscreen player they need something that can edge them in front of their main rivals for a bigger share of the market, so should be interesting.

    Suppose it's just watch this space....... [​IMG]
     
  11. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif



    Anyway whatever happens the X is with me for life!




    Until the next X comes out anyway[​IMG]

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hi FF, Selling things is not that easy my friend, but I suppose you are right if I'm not using it, why not?



    Will be good back up if that is your only other player just in case something does happen to the X (God forbid!)

    Otherwise like my A829 i had (which sounded bright after the X) i knew it was just going to be a dust collector with also having a Touch in the fold so good as a player the A829 was it had to go.

    What sort of music do you listen to? and what sort of sound sig do you normally go for?
     
  12. Akash
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Until the next X comes out anyway[​IMG]



    Will be good back up if that is your only other player just in case something does happen to the X (God forbid!)

    Otherwise like my A829 i had (which sounded bright after the X) i knew it was just going to be a dust collector with also having a Touch in the fold so good as a player the A829 was it had to go.

    What sort of music do you listen to? and what sort of sound sig do you normally go for?




    Yes will be good back-up, if I dont sell it.
    Music, I listen to lots of indian music, also like instrumental music as well as classical music (not that I have many)

    Sound Signature...I like the the YUIN PK3, didn't like the PK2-SOLD it (lucky)
    I like smooth bass-deep, like nice mids and like highs to be sharp clean but not harsh, basically something that covers the whole spectrum but don't like it to be harsh and piercing sound but nice warm sound.

    I use to listen to Sony MDR E888LP before I discovered the YUINs
    Not really tried any in-ear canals from the ones that came with the A728. I think it was MDR EX082.
     
  13. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif

    Music, I listen to lots of indian music, also like instrumental music as well as classical music (not that I have many)

    I like smooth bass-deep, like nice mids and like highs to be sharp clean but not harsh, basically something that covers the whole spectrum but don't like it to be harsh and piercing sound but nice warm sound.

    .




    I suppoese the style's or music you listen to then is intriquet and complex material by the looks of it.

    I think the Senn IE7's or IE8's would be a good bet for them from experience of having the IE8's, if you can stretch to that budget?

    What you described about your "sig" is what i think we all strive for in am iem, the IE8's i know would cater for good bass reproduction (has a adjustable bass port on side for your preffered setting) and has good good mids with okay top end which will not pierce your ears, quite a fairly all round performer, with it leaning slightly on the warm side but not enough that it compounds this as the X is warm sounding as well.

    Only drawback with these for you is the IE8's are regarded as a poor fit in general as they just aim straight in the ear and a lot of people (including me) have had an ardious time getting the right fit/seal and comfort with these as the supplied buds are far from perfect for a lot of people and that is a year on from buying them!

    It took a while for them to burn in i felt for iem' but they are now reaching their full potential and are sounding better all the time.

    My Shure SE530's i have would be great for that music also with really good mids, but some people fimd they have roll off on the top end which i do not find personally. I think the SE530's would not have the bass you demand though.

    I am currently listening to a pair of JVC fx500's on loan and even though i am not a hardcore bass head junkie like some around these part's i love the bass on this, it is deep and svelty and intruments have a real tonal quality to them but i feel they just lack that all round sound with the mids lacking due to the bass overwhelming it a bit, the highs are okay. Vocals i find can be a bit edgy raw sound to it, not as smooth as other iem's, but you may get away with that with the style of music you listen to.

    The fit on these for an ear canal is the best i have had yet other than my SE530's when i have yellow foams on, so i think you hopefully could get a good fit with these maybe.

    For the price these are a good bet, but are an aquired taste, but at the same time it does pair fairly well with the X.
    I am on the verge of buying these as a alternative back up, change of mood listen to my SE530's & IE8's once in a while for the price.

    Might want to ask people like Soozieq & CN11 about their iem's with the X as i know Soozieq has the Denon C710's which i was also eyeing up like for like with the fx500's.

    If you can , the more you can save, you will have better selection of iem's to choose from fit wise and allso the SQ you will release from the X, if you think it sounds good now, wait until you hear them with something like the IE8's.[​IMG]
     
  14. adsmithy
    Would a X1060 be able to run a pair of HD650s without an amp?
     
  15. Akash
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I suppoese the style's or music you listen to then is intriquet and complex material by the looks of it.

    I think the Senn IE7's or IE8's would be a good bet for them from experience of having the IE8's, if you can stretch to that budget?

    What you described about your "sig" is what i think we all strive for in am iem, the IE8's i know would cater for good bass reproduction (has a adjustable bass port on side for your preffered setting) and has good good mids with okay top end which will not pierce your ears, quite a fairly all round performer, with it leaning slightly on the warm side but not enough that it compounds this as the X is warm sounding as well.

    Only drawback with these for you is the IE8's are regarded as a poor fit in general as they just aim straight in the ear and a lot of people (including me) have had an ardious time getting the right fit/seal and comfort with these as the supplied buds are far from perfect for a lot of people and that is a year on from buying them!

    It took a while for them to burn in i felt for iem' but they are now reaching their full potential and are sounding better all the time.

    My Shure SE530's i have would be great for that music also with really good mids, but some people fimd they have roll off on the top end which i do not find personally. I think the SE530's would not have the bass you demand though.

    I am currently listening to a pair of JVC fx500's on loan and even though i am not a hardcore bass head junkie like some around these part's i love the bass on this, it is deep and svelty and intruments have a real tonal quality to them but i feel they just lack that all round sound with the mids lacking due to the bass overwhelming it a bit, the highs are okay. Vocals i find can be a bit edgy raw sound to it, not as smooth as other iem's, but you may get away with that with the style of music you listen to.

    The fit on these for an ear canal is the best i have had yet other than my SE530's when i have yellow foams on, so i think you hopefully could get a good fit with these maybe.

    For the price these are a good bet, but are an aquired taste, but at the same time it does pair fairly well with the X.
    I am on the verge of buying these as a alternative back up, change of mood listen to my SE530's & IE8's once in a while for the price.

    Might want to ask people like Soozieq & CN11 about their iem's with the X as i know Soozieq has the Denon C710's which i was also eyeing up like for like with the fx500's.

    If you can , the more you can save, you will have better selection of iem's to choose from fit wise and allso the SQ you will release from the X, if you think it sounds good now, wait until you hear them with something like the IE8's.[​IMG]




    Thanks FF on the info on IEM, but unfortunately I dont like things going into my ear-right inside, I rather stick to earbuds.
    Alot of people do use in-ear canal types and as along as they are happy, great, but I'd rather try before buy, cos its not cheap
    I might try the RE0, which is discounted at present to $79 so thats roughly £40
    Thank you again
     
First
 
Back
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
Next
 
Last

Share This Page