I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 10, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #2,266 of 3,761
To:
Jeremy1234's
FortisFlyer75
J_C_Denton1

Thanks alot for your reponses...

anyway i always enable the noise canceling with flat eq and all enhancements off ..

i've tried to use the eq and cb here's my settings..
custom eq1
0 0 1 0 1 with cb +1

sometimes i set it to volume 14 in low recording tracks..

i cannot use the dynamic normalizer due to some problem, when i'm playing t-pain songs the voice gradually lowers due to bass..

but when i turn it off everything is fine..

i think it's a firmware bug..

i'm waiting for the i-nique silicon case..
and double flange tip for maximum noise isolation..

i've also tried the mp3 gain before, i find it good..

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #2,267 of 3,761
GET A CASE FOR THIS MACHINE. ONE DROP. ONE DAMN DROP AND I HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPERWEIGHT. SUPRISINGLY THE GLASS SCREEN DID NOT CRACK HOWEVER THERE MUST BE ANOTHER SCREEN UNDERNEATH WHICH SHOWS A VERY FINE CRACK. THE UNIT STILL WORKS, I CAN HOOK IT UP TO THE LAPTOP AND SEE THE FILES BUT SINCE EVERYTHING MAJOR IS DONE THROUGH THE TOUCH SCREEN...NO MUSIC FOR ME....TOO LATE TO TAKE IT BACK TO J&R, SINCE IT'S UNDER THIRTY DAYS, SONY SAYS IT'S ELIGIBILE FOR EXCHANGE SO I FILL THE FORM OUT, THEY SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING AN EXCHANGE IS NOT AVAILABLE AND SOMEONE WILL CONTACT ME ABOUT A COMPARABLE MODEL. (WHICH DOESN'T EXIST) crap ***** d*AMN...WHATS EVEN CRAZIER I'M BOUT TO SPEND ANOTHER 400 BUCKS ON A REPLACEMENT BUT WITH IPOD TOUCH PRICES DIPPING, WISDOM SAYS HOLD OUT, A PRICE DROP IS SURE TO COME

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #2,268 of 3,761
Hey guys, i just got my x1060 today.
Just uploaded about 8GB of songs onto it and haven't really listend to it yet.
But i've noticed something, when i scroll the album like so,
mobile01efa5dde2d5e0b91.jpg

The pictures are very jagged. Is this supposed to be normal? its like theres no anti-aliasing filter :S
Thanks!

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #2,269 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to buy a 32GB-DAP to complement with my recently bought UM3X IEM's. Lossless-files sound just amazing with these. Currently I have a I7 (8GB) but that's not nearly enough for a lossless music-collection of course. The S9 and this Sony seem to be the best choices for the moment. I have a couple of questions though.

A) Does WAV-files really don't support albumart on this DAP? Never mind, I've just read earlier in this thread it doesn't, sadly...

B) Is the UI really much more intuitive than the S9?

C) Does this DAP work well with MAC-computers?

D) Do you think it has a good synergy with the UM3X?

Thanks in advance!

WAV files support album art but it doesnt attach permanently to the file, you can only do that by dragging the album art using WMP 11 to the album or song and then sync it. make sure to do it on the spot, because if you close WMP 11 the album art will no longer be attcahed to the file and you have to do it over again.

It works well I have 11 albums in WAV fromat with album art working just fine
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #2,271 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kbadone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WAV files support album art but it doesnt attach permanently to the file, you can only do that by dragging the album art using WMP 11 to the album or song and then sync it. make sure to do it on the spot, because if you close WMP 11 the album art will no longer be attcahed to the file and you have to do it over again.

It works well I have 11 albums in WAV fromat with album art working just fine
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks, Kbadone! Unfortunately I don't use WMP11 as I am a MAC-user. But I do have my old IBM Thinkpad that may still be good enough for WMP11.

With the price-cuts of the Touch I am hoping for a more competitive price for the X, though. Has Sony ever responded well to these price cuts of Apple in the past, btw?

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #2,272 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, i just got my x1060 today.
Just uploaded about 8GB of songs onto it and haven't really listend to it yet.
But i've noticed something, when i scroll the album like so,

The pictures are very jagged. Is this supposed to be normal? its like theres no anti-aliasing filter :S
Thanks!

Jagged cover arts for me as well. Wish it has some anti-aliasing filter applied.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #2,273 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, Kbadone! Unfortunately I don't use WMP11 as I am a MAC-user. But I do have my old IBM Thinkpad that may still be good enough for WMP11.

With the price-cuts of the Touch I am hoping for a more competitive price for the X, though. Has Sony ever responded well to these price cuts of Apple in the past, btw?

Its Sony man they are always overpriced so dont expect a price cut anytime soon!

By the way WMP12 on windows 7 doesn't work good with WAV files, it doesn't apply artist and album name to the WAV files for some reason. We might need a firmware update soon

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #2,274 of 3,761
hey guys i have another question, i find that my old A728 is actually louder than my X. Now i have to increase the volume by about 2 on the X to get the same volume i get on A728. Is this normal? I thought with the builtin amp the X is supposed to be a bit more powerful?

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #2,275 of 3,761
i don't know if you guys (and gal
tongue_smile.gif
) tried this (but reading that discussion some dozen pages ago, i'd say "no") regarding playlists:

you can do them the same way you create them on the clip, i.e. select the files/folders that you want, right click, click on "create playlist" et voila`! playlist created!
ksc75smile.gif
no need to go through all that music database rearranging, duplicates, wmp etc.
cool.gif

(btw, i've tried this only on vista, so i cannot say that this will work on XP or 7, but i see no reason why it shouldn't
ph34r.gif
)

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #2,276 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use [MP3 Gain.] Recommended by ABI folks. I don't use it on every track personally but rather on those really silent ones.

Thanks for the tip, i will give it a try when i get 5 mins, will i use this along side my DB Poweramp or will MP3 gain do everything DB P/Amp does?

Who are the ABI folks also!?

Cheers Dissembled : )

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #2,278 of 3,761
Sep 10, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #2,279 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip, i will give it a try when i get 5 mins, will i use this along side my DB Poweramp or will MP3 gain do everything DB P/Amp does?

Who are the ABI folks also!?

Cheers Dissembled : )

I'm one of the ABI folks
tongue_smile.gif
post in the sony section a lot
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2,280 of 3,761
Hi,be careful with MP3Gain:-

How to remove gain? - dbpoweramp

Like i have said before,i just drag & drop to Sony X,also right click & make Playlists etc,on X.Using Vista,got a feeling if you have let WMP sync with the X,you will lose the make Playlist ability.WMP sync will prob want disabling/removing etc,to get Playlist function back.Prob either in WMP options,or right clicking on a file or folder on Walkman & selecting in options.Prob reason why lots can't do it/not showing,Vista or XP.

Cheers BOB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back