I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #2,251 of 3,761
Thanks for the brief comments, dissembled! I look forward to your update.
wink_face.gif

Sorry to hear about the insertion issues. Luckily I can fully enjoy my U3MX. It truly is a great and smooth sounding pair of IEM's in my view.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #2,252 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE: Central
Mediamonkey is a life saver. Just make sure you add the correct album title onto the 'Album' category so Amazon could successfully find it in its database. It then proceeds to update the title, artist and release dates for you automatically. (File name is not updated.) Not to mention that it adds a high resolution cover art to the file. (Be sure to have it saved in the tag of the player and not into a folder.)

But u can't do for wav format track ?

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #2,253 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jeremy.

Sorry chap, I forgot to add the rest of the info.
biggrin.gif

Use mp3 tag. Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)

beerchug.gif

Some of my songs are in wav. I tried to import the files but can't.

Can it support wav as well ?
mp3 track for me is not an issue to add the album art as I can always used monkey media.

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #2,254 of 3,761
RE: Jeremy. I'm sorry, I've only tested MediaMonkey with mp3 files.

RE: Cosmic Fool. [Here's] my impressions with the UM3xs.

On another note:
I've noticed very little change with the unit coupled with the AD700s. (I've had the unit since the 24th.) Am I alone in this? Maybe with the Westones (replacement), I'll notice something but right now, I'm not hearing it.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #2,255 of 3,761
Received the Pdair leather book case today from [Siemshop]. Shipped all the way from Hong Kong.

Very good looking case. Only flaw that I could see is that the hole made for the Home button doesn't align perfectly with the player. I'm anal though and it's likely that the average person probably won't even care. Also possible that I didn't insert the player perfectly the first time around.
icon10.gif

Sorry for the rather large images. It's just that I want the rather intricate texture of the leather to be visible.

I highly recommend this case. Eye candy for the...eyes.

img00652.jpg

img00602g.jpg

img00582m.jpg

img00552.jpg
img00522.jpg

img00572k.jpg

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #2,256 of 3,761
Quote:

RE: Jeremy. I'm sorry, I've only tested MediaMonkey with mp3 files.

RE: Cosmic Fool. [Here's] my impressions with the UM3xs.

On another note:
I've noticed very little change with the unit coupled with the AD700s. (I've had the unit since the 24th.) Am I alone in this? Maybe with the Westones (replacement), I'll notice something but right now, I'm not hearing it.

Thanks for the very informative read! The combo X1000-UM3X apparantly sounds extremely sweet.

Great pics of the case too!

Just one thing: in the impression-post you talk about some ugly sparkles on the X1000. What do you mean by that?

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #2,257 of 3,761
i have the X-1050 Japanese version.

my questions is at what volume level do you set it when listening using the supplied sony earphone?

i'm just worried if my player is defective.

i usually set the volume to 11 to 12 in noisy places and for quiet area i set it to 11.
i'm using the supplied sony earphone.

also the i've tried to use my earphone in sony experia version1 there's alot of bass during the testing that i can't hear in sony x1050.

hope somebody can clarify it..

thanks in advance..

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #2,258 of 3,761
i have the X-1050 Japanese version.

my questions is at what volume level do you set it when listening using the supplied sony earphone?

i'm just worried if my player is defective.

i usually set the volume to 11 to 12 in noisy places and for quiet area i set it to 11.
i'm using the supplied sony earphone.

also the i've tried to use my earphone in sony experia version1 there's alot of bass during the testing that i can't hear in sony x1050.

hope somebody can clarify it..

thanks in advance..

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #2,259 of 3,761
Im using volume 4-5 when quiet (bedroom), and 6-7 when noisy (bus/train)

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #2,260 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the very informative read! The combo X1000-UM3X apparantly sounds extremely sweet.

Great pics of the case too!

Just one thing: in the impression-post you talk about some ugly sparkles on the X1000. What do you mean by that?

Thanks.
By sparkles, I mean the ugly rainbow colored ones that cover the front side and backside of the player. Some people don't even notice them but I think otherwise. One of the reasons why I bought a case was to cover them.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #2,261 of 3,761
Quote:

RE: Central
Mediamonkey is a life saver. Just make sure you add the correct album title onto the 'Album' category so Amazon could successfully find it in its database. It then proceeds to update the title, artist and release dates for you automatically. (File name is not updated.) Not to mention that it adds a high resolution cover art to the file. (Be sure to have it saved in the tag of the player and not into a folder.)

Thanx! I'll give it a try as you desribe here...

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #2,262 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_C_Denton1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im using volume 4-5 when quiet (bedroom), and 6-7 when noisy (bus/train)

Wow, maybe my ear damage already. I usually set to 18 when noisy (bus/train) with flat equalizer & no noise canceling using the stock earphone.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #2,263 of 3,761
Eh! what did you say!! lol

I must be really deaf then as i had my Senn IE8's at between 19 - 21 depending on recording level today on the train journey home, but then saying that, i am not getting a god a seal as with my Shure E500's, and am currently waiting on some Comply 400's to come through the post.

And i only had a hearing test last year as i am lucky i get a good thourough medical check up with my work if i want one and that test showed i had a good above average hearing. Will try and find score paperwork for that as i can not remember what it was.

So all those years of sitting in front of Marshall amps at gigs and a lot of G'N'R & Aerosmith has not blown my ears yet!

Another thing i have noticed also, is maybe there is some connection with where we all live as we all seem to come from all corners of the globe here, i wonder how much altitude and air pressure of where we do live has to with our hearing and what we have our volume set to?

And i wonder how many candles i potentially have in my ears also! (that might have some relevance also, who knows!)

Going back to me saying about adjusting my volume level depending on what level the track is recorded at, is there some way i can level all my recordings?

I am getting a bit hacked off now with one track sounding like it is 10 - 35% quiter than some other tracks and adjust the volume accordingly... only for the next track to be back to normal but blast my ears of as i upped it for that last quiter track!

I am currently using dp power amp which i have got used to and quite like, so if there is anything out there that can do this will i have to change from my current dp power amp in order to do that?

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #2,264 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going back to me saying about adjusting my volume level depending on what level the track is recorded at, is there some way i can level all my recordings?

I am getting a bit hacked off now with one track sounding like it is 10 - 35% quiter than some other tracks and adjust the volume accordingly... only for the next track to be back to normal but blast my ears of as i upped it for that last quiter track!

I am currently using dp power amp which i have got used to and quite like, so if there is anything out there that can do this will i have to change from my current dp power amp in order to do that?

I use [MP3 Gain.] Recommended by ABI folks. I don't use it on every track personally but rather on those really silent ones.

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #2,265 of 3,761
I had post several ways to do the backward skip in other threads, but just now, I just found another one
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's assume that the short backward click is a dot (.) and a little bit longer click as a dash (-).

Skip to previous song : short long (. -) : It is almost like double click, but the second click is a little bit longer

Skip to 2 previous songs : short long short (.-.)
Skip to 3 previous songs : short long short short (.-..)
So the next short click will skip to next previous songs.

Anyway, practice makes perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back