I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 5, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #2,221 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What what what???? What gold lighting??? I can only get the full track title by going to 'detailed information'. When you said 'going back'... going back where?? C'mon, spill the beans
tongue_smile.gif

Am not too good at giving instructions but when you're at the 'Now Playing Screen'. Select 'To List' which will take you back to the list of songs. If you wanna know a particular full track title just touch that area of the screen without lifting off your fingers. Doing so highlights the song and a pop up commentary in gold lighting/writing gives the full track title. sorry, I can never be succinct haha.

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #2,222 of 3,761
I'm not sure why scrolling wasn't implemented since it was in the firmware of the A729. The HD5 from 05 suffers from the same problem. Why they took a step backwards is beyond me.

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #2,223 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am not too good at giving instructions but when you're at the 'Now Playing Screen'. Select 'To List' which will take you back to the list of songs. If you wanna know a particular full track title just touch that area of the screen without lifting off your fingers. Doing so highlights the song and a pop up commentary in gold lighting/writing gives the full track title. sorry, I can never be succinct haha.

Thanks, that works, even if it is inconvenient. Now if only they could put scrolling in or at least add the highlight function to the now playing view.

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #2,224 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, you're a stumbler too! Nice! I have the same speaker cradle as you but without the wi-fi, had it 2 1/2 years now! It's the smoothly-named easy-to say CPF-NW001 version lol.

I didn't even know there was a headphone socket on the cradle!!! Wow, in the last few days I've learned how to make playlists without adding duplicates to my albums, I can adjust the volume with the HOLD switch activated, and now I can get radio from my speaker cradle
icon10.gif

What next, a secret playlist feature hidden in the settings?
ksc75smile.gif

Sorry soozieg, i should re-phrase that, i meant the headphone socket on the X and not the actual speaker dock, which my one is essentially the same as your CPF-NW001 anyway, but mine just has the crappy wi-fi add on for streaming music.

I only got that version as i managed to pick it up for £30 new!

So you can enjoy the benefits of FM through your CPF-NW001 also.

Oh the joy of having a choice of Chris Moyles or Jonathan Ross terrorise your poor old speakers eh...
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #2,225 of 3,761
I finally had a chance to hear Cowon S9. Sure, it sounded good but seems quite hollow as compared to X. I wouldn't call it being more space or having bigger sound stage but X seem to have more weight in its presentation.

Sep 6, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #2,226 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally had a chance to hear Cowon S9. Sure, it sounded good but seems quite hollow as compared to X. I wouldn't call it being more space or having bigger sound stage but X seem to have more weight in its presentation.

You could refer to them physically in almost the same way.
beerchug.gif

I'd like to try an S9 though, from what I can gather it has so many sound settings for us nerdy people with jug ears to tune.

However with the X it's pretty much there out of the box, thus no degree in sound engineering required to get it to sound good.

It's great being so biased. And I don't care so there. Meh.
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #2,227 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, which one you prefer, and does it met your expectations?

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #2,228 of 3,761
Oh yeah, and the play, pause and rewind buttons are all accessible too once the 'Touch Panel Disable' option is checked.

In other words, all the buttons are accessible!!!

HONEYBOY-
thanks for the tip. I like how the full title lights up in gold lettering. It doesn't take much to please me
icon10.gif

FF-
Jonathon Woss and Chris Boils ... no thank you
o2smile.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #2,229 of 3,761
The previous track. Sony says no, naff orf.

Press once = beginning of same track.

Press twice = beginning of same track.

Press three times = beginning of same track.

Press twice fast = beginning of same track.

Press three times fast = jump back two tracks.

Those pesky Japanese, what a sense of humor they have.

I'm going to try mind control.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #2,230 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The previous track. Sony says no, naff orf.

Press once = beginning of same track.

Press twice = beginning of same track.

Press three times = beginning of same track.

Press twice fast = beginning of same track.

Press three times fast = jump back two tracks.

Those pesky Japanese, what a sense of humor they have.

I'm going to try mind control.

Yea, that can get annoying. Basically it will only go back a track if you press the back button during the first second of the current track, but not right away either of course! It would be nice if they set the switch over for the back button from the first second to something like 5-10 seconds into the track. As it is, its sometimes easier to just pause then go back.
angry_face.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #2,231 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(...) As it is, its sometimes easier to just pause then go back.
angry_face.gif

Yap, Pause/Back, that´s what I´ve been doing...

Hi everybody, I´ve been an aware user of this forum for quite a while, long before I´ve bought this outstanding player, the Sony X-1050.
For some reason, only now decided to register and post.

Took me some time to find the best solution for converting videos playable on the X, and when I thought I´d found just that using Tipard video converter, well... Windows 7 appeared!
bigsmile_face.gif

After I converted another video, I was droping it in the Videos folder, when this pop-up window came up, something like: "Do you wish to convert it? (recommended)", I thought "why not?".
And so I did.

The result was a .wmv file (like the original one), with superb quality! A tiny bit better (and bigger) than the one converted through Tipard.

Haven´t tried it yet with other video format files, but even if it doesn´t work with all formats, I´m sure this will be very usefull; it´s just Drag & Drop, and 7 does the rest!
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #2,232 of 3,761
Great. Just drag and drop to the video folder you say? I'm getting a new notebook after Windows 7 comes out so this is very good news.

How big was the original file? How about the converted one?
Thanks.

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #2,233 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootopia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven´t tried it yet with other video format files, but even if it doesn´t work with all formats, I´m sure this will be very usefull; it´s just Drag & Drop, and 7 does the rest!
biggrin.gif

drag and drop with windows 7 .. that is so awesome. Can you tell few things by clikcing the properties file of the converted video .. namely FPs, Audio codec use, size ( 432x240 ??)

thanks
PC

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #2,234 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, which one you prefer, and does it met your expectations?

If I lose my x1061, I would definitely repurchase it, not S9.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #2,235 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootopia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After I converted another video, I was droping it in the Videos folder, when this pop-up window came up, something like: "Do you wish to convert it? (recommended)", I thought "why not?".
And so I did.

The result was a .wmv file (like the original one), with superb quality! A tiny bit better (and bigger) than the one converted through Tipard.

Hi chap...
smile.gif

So windows 7 asked you if you wanted to convert a video file that had already converted for the X?

I can't think windows 7 would be able to convert an avi video file that hasn't yet been optimised for the X without some manual intevention. Ie, screen resolution, fps, output file size etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back