I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #1,741 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ċãţ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking into the new x series mp3 player, and was surprised to hear the hype about the sound quality, as if sony are reknowned for it. I had a few Sony Discman player's in my time and the sound quality on them was awful.

I'm not sure exactly what is making the sound quality so good either. I can't see it being the S-master amp, what's so good about that.

So far to me this player has been a gimmick, I have a hard time believing the sound quality is going to be so good based off of what I've heard of Sony's previous stuff, and no high end audiophile gear in my view has a Sony label on.

Other than that the web browser is supposed to be crap and it has a small screen. Surely the sound of the mp3 player like soundstage is going to vary anyway depending on what headphones you use.

Burn in on the X? what do you expect is going to burn? the chips? lol.

I have an old ipod and looking to upgrade but i can't see this being the one, being so heavily priced and i'll use Senn IE8's or audio technica.

How can you say it's gimmick if you haven't even owned it?? Come on, lets have a discussion shall we? Good luck finding something else then!

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #1,742 of 3,761
Haha. You haven't even heard it and yet you know it's a gimmick? Do you have special powers or something? I would like some of those! Can't you demo it somewhere?

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #1,744 of 3,761
If the discmans were from 1999 onward maybe, then I can understand it, or maybe older, but cheaper units - again I can see it, as in both of these scenarios the sound was potentially pretty crapola (and, yes - for the uninitiated, I have more first hand knowledge than most)...

This X player is genuinly pretty damned good... yes, i'm sure there are better players out there, but - I am yet to find them... Cat, if you can tell me the model number of one, I will gladly pick one up and demo it
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #1,745 of 3,761
What I'm saying is, unless you can back up why it has such good sound quality, the idea that is has it is nothing but a gimmick.

The S Master amp thing, they can pat themselves on the back for that - making an amp with hopefully no distortion. You'd hope that wouldn't alter the music though.

You're right about the cd players - i've had 2, one of them an expensive one, and it was anything but high end.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #1,746 of 3,761
Quote:

What I'm saying is, unless you can back up why it has such good sound quality, the idea that is has it is nothing but a gimmick.

The S Master amp thing, they can pat themselves on the back for that - making an amp with hopefully no distortion. You'd hope that wouldn't alter the music though.

You're right about the cd players - i've had 2, one of them an expensive one, and it was anything but high end.

Am I the only one who has read Cat's post and can't make sense of it?
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #1,747 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who has read Cat's post and can't make sense of it?
biggrin.gif

No. I didn't either. But I assumed that was because of all the weed I just smoked
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #1,748 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. I didn't either. But I assumed that was because of all the weed I just smoked
biggrin.gif

slow.gif

Now it makes sense why you like ice cream so much, you're a space invader with the munchies.
tongue_smile.gif

Nite nite...
smile.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #1,749 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
slow.gif

Now it makes sense why you like ice cream so much,
Nite nite...
smile.gif

Night night Neeley
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #1,750 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the worst thing happen yesterday. My dad found my X series and recognized that i had not had an mp3player like it. Here's the bad part, he asked me how much it was and when I told him it looked like a part of him died inside. :[ I'm afraid to let him listen to it because he's on the search for audio perfection and I think the last thing he needs is a great sounding mp3 player to drain out our budget.

lol
smily_headphones1.gif
... Ask him to buy the AMP3, the MP3 player for Audiophile. Nice name isn't it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Then you also can do some AMP3 vs X1000 comparisons
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #1,751 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol
smily_headphones1.gif
... Ask him to buy the AMP3, the MP3 player for Audiophile. Nice name isn't it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Then you also can do some AMP3 vs X1000 comparisons
smily_headphones1.gif

bakhtiar-
My amp3 is now almost fully burned in, yet is still no match (to my ears) for the Sony X.

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #1,752 of 3,761
what I wrote is perfectly clear, its just no-one here has anything to say except for crap like 'burn in'. Explain what is 'burning in'? its a digital mp3 player. It's like saying I'm going to burn in my computer by leaving XP on for a week.

you can't explain what makes the X walkman so special from the rest with regards to sound quality, unless someone else knows something.

its the fact you're smoking weed that you can't make sense of any of it
wink_face.gif

i'm gonna leave you guys to it, you'll be relieved to hear.

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #1,753 of 3,761
Quote:

its the fact you're smoking weed that
you can't make sense of any of it
wink_face.gif

Make any sense of what?
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #1,754 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bakhtiar-
My amp3 is now almost fully burned in, yet is still no match (to my ears) for the Sony X.

Thank you very much for the quick result
smily_headphones1.gif
. Really appreciated it. Now, I can look for something else.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Honestly, I already planned to buy it in Singapore when visiting the Professional Audio Expo/trade show.. But... not still sure yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back