Originally posted by bluesaint
I've taken my R10's out once
biggrin.gif
got 2 comments that i won't forget.

1.) You a Air Traffic Controller?
2.) Hey you remind me of Princess liya from Star Wars
wink.gif

bluesaint = hero.

and you are much prettier than princess leia, especially with those sexy woodies on.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #48 of 86
now now, there's nothing wrong with a trail of gay guys, unless they are shouting at you to show some ass, you know you want it!! (actually happened to me once--i just turned around and glared--man i can be intimidating when i want
evil_smiley.gif
).

well this little experiment has convinced me to wear my cd1700 out more often. they really do isolate well enough for standing next to a 6 lane highway or riding a noisy bus. they don't shine with a portable source but the meta does wonders (thanks again, jmt) to tame the sometimes crowded details a portable player can cause with the cd1700. besides, i look like one bad mother*****er with them on, baby (at least in my mind. i actually probably look like i take the short bus). baaaaaad-aaaaaass!

Oct 14, 2003 at 2:56 AM Post #50 of 86
not one photo of anyone making an ass of himself in public? And you call yourselves headphone audio fans? Bah!

I used to sit in coffee shops in Berkeley with my Koss ESP/950s blaring away while I sipped a cappucino and read a book. I never heard any comments or noticed any stares, but then, I was in Berkeley where bathing is optional and aluminum foil hats that prevent aliens/govt. from reading/controlling thoughts are quite common.

In the next day or two, I will post a photo of myself wearing my big cans in public and I challenge anyone else to do the same! Come on, let's see 'em!

I would really like to see someone wearing Floats on a bicycle- no need for a helmet!

MR

Oct 14, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #51 of 86
I'm going to have to go to Barnes & Noble, take my NX10, in 2 bookbags, and set it up, ... then start playing thrash metal at a good volume, while sitting there reading a speaker-DIY magazine, or cheez such as the perfect vision or stereophile
eek.gif

In the school where I "learn", Norfolk Academy, there's an english teacher who HATES MUSIC, and she really hates when non-seniors listen to music, even if they're not disturbing others, I should take my NX10/Z-560 Combo and bust it out there...DOLBY REFERENCE!! haha

Oct 14, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #52 of 86
I did this with my HD600s every day of my senior year in high school. I ended up freaking out annoying little high school V600-toting freshmen. The common conversation:

Annoying freshman: What ARE THOSE

Me: Reference-quality open grille headphones

Annoying freshman: I THOUGHT HEAPHONE WAS SUPPOSED 2 BLOCK OUT SOUND

Me: The result of having open grilles is decreased resonance and therefore higher fidelity

Annoying freshman: WUTS FIDELTY OR WHATEVER

Me: The inverse of your headphones.

This kind of stuff happened weekly. Whoever listened to the 600s either said they were unbelievable or said they didn't have enough bass, go figure. Once I left a stoner stunned after he had asked how much my headphones cost. I told him they were about three hundred dollars. He couldn't figure out why someone would spend that much on headphones. Then again, I can't figure out why someone would spend their entire college savings of four grand on marijuana. . .

Man, I really ripped the system by wearing supposedly non portable cans at school. Hah.

Cheers,
Geek

Oct 14, 2003 at 5:41 AM Post #53 of 86
hd600 dont look stoopid,i guess even a little sexy...now imagine someone walking around with cd3000 ot hd280...id feel as ashamed as if i was naked

Oct 14, 2003 at 5:43 AM Post #54 of 86
One thing I hate about youth culture, Geek - and I can speak, since I’m a part of it - is gossip and obnoxious people asking rude questions and inquiring into things which really aren't their business. Of course I’m making a huge generalization here, and don't know if it applies to your individual case. But yeah, let it go on record - I hate gossip and rude people.

Back to the topic at hand...what I said above kind of reflects my attitude on wearing big headphones in public. I'm going to come off as a dick here, but if I’m assaulted with rude questions about them, I’m going to reply with rudeness. Don't expect respect if you can't give it out yourself.

Oct 14, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #55 of 86
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
Beyer DT770pro in the city, coiled cable and all.

Walking along with them on my head people were doing double-takes galore.
Then I put them around my neck while I was looking around in shops and had 2 girls come up to me and ask if I was a DJ (I was wearing a black t-shirt with a pic of a pair of generic headphones on them too - I'm such a headphone geek) - they were cute too (the chicks, not the headphones on my shirt), probably underage though.

So yeah.... babe magnet.

But maybe it's just 'cos I'm a stud and it wasn't anything to do with the headphones.

Hello ladies!
basshead.gif

I love going on the prowl in 770 basshead mode
basshead.gif

They don't seem that big to walk around in, they stay on my head good, and still sound pretty damn heavy, even without an amp. Works for me
basshead.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 8:38 AM Post #56 of 86
I don't really have any big headphones anymore...just my Grados and those aren't that large. I wouldn't wear em portably anyway since they're open. Maybe whenever I buy some big closed phones again like the Ultrasone HFI-650 or Audio Technica ATH-A900 or Sony CD1700 I can walk around and scare people. Yeah.

Oct 14, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #57 of 86
Big ugly headphones in public? Never. Out in public, a headphone wearer must maintain appearances. W2002 all the way
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #59 of 86
I don't suppose wearing my grado's would attract too much attention, but I dare anyone to wear the lower end stax electrostats (not the smaller ones), even if they cannot be connected, those are sure "statement products" when worn in public
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back