I dare you to wear your biggest heapdhones in public
Oct 16, 2003 at 8:53 AM Post #76 of 86
Everytime that I have a plane trip, I wear my gorgeous AT-A100ti. The AT looks good on my head, plus they make me feel cool!!. Anyway, I rarely listen to the A100ti at home, all of my listening time goes to the CD3k. I thought about wearing the CD3K in the public, but most my gf comments that I'm a helicopter pilot.

biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 2:03 PM Post #77 of 86
In winter, I'm walking on the street every day to go to and come from work with these over my er6 & my bobble hat:
http://www.soning.cz/htmls/sluchatka/peltor_h10a.htm

I took 'em off of the closet a couple of days ago and I'm ready for another winter of warm 36db isolation and funny looks from people in their cars.
etysmile.gif

I forgot: I'm going to the supermarket too, almost everyday, wearing these before coming back home. I got all kind of funny faces but no one ever hit me. It's all that matters.
smily_headphones1.gif
...and all the superficial tedious conversations people decide not to engage me in... it matters too.

Oct 16, 2003 at 2:08 PM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

Originally posted by cfec
In winter, I'm walking on the street every day to go to and come from work with these over my er6 & my bobble hat:
http://www.soning.cz/htmls/sluchatka/peltor_h10a.htm

I took 'em off of the closet a couple of days ago and I'm ready for another winter of warm 36db isolation and funny looks from people in their cars.
etysmile.gif

nice!
biggrin.gif

as if the etys didnt isolate eanugh to start with
smily_headphones1.gif
I hear you on the warmness tho, I find large, closed (havent tried open headphones outside) headphones work well as ear muffs and that when I take the phones off I start to freeze so there have been times when Ive been walking with the phones on without music (when the portable source runs out of battery) just to keep my ears warm

Oct 16, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #79 of 86
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
rofl! yeah, my screen name is also my real name. speaking of misreading names, though, i always read "uncledan" as "unclean" for awhile. and "stymiemiasma" as "style miasma". maybe we should make a thread about misinterpretations of usernames...

...and one about those that has to be read standing on your head like: "uoods"

Oct 17, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #80 of 86
[size=medium]TEAM HUMUNGUS RUUUULES THE WASTELAND![/size]

walking home today i saw a little girl get off the school bus wearing headphones that were HUGE--like swallowed up half her head huge. methinks people are just getting used to seeing big cans now in public. i'm all for it!

Oct 17, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #82 of 86
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I wore my A500s today during break period and nobody really noticed, I got no weird stares or anything, and the funny thing is, they weren't connected to anything, I was just wearing them and holding the cable in my hand!!...some people are a little too unobservant
600smile.gif

try wiggling your eyebrows knowingly at people as you hold the plug in your hand.
eek.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #83 of 86
haha, it was pretty funny though, and I wasn't even holding the plug, it was dangling below my hand
eek.gif
, it was funny, or at least I thought it was comical.

Maybe the fruitcakes at my school think I'm weird and just don't bother saying anything, I don't know, most of 'em are numbskulls anyhow.

and I saw that somebody owns V300s, I was like EWW!!

Oct 17, 2003 at 3:00 AM Post #84 of 86
I saw a guy with speakers strapped over his shoulders today. I thought of this thread.... too bad my SLR camera had no lens as I was going to try and buy one from this guy and left mine at home. You guys would've loved it. I thought it was hilarious... K1000 style.

Oct 17, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #85 of 86
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I saw a guy with speakers strapped over his shoulders today. I thought of this thread.... too bad my SLR camera had no lens as I was going to try and buy one from this guy and left mine at home. You guys would've loved it. I thought it was hilarious... K1000 style.

ha! he didn't happen to be wearing a hockey mask and a studded leather codpiece?

Oct 17, 2003 at 8:25 AM Post #86 of 86
I felt very conscious even when I had my V6's out in public, although I didn't get any strange looks from people (probably because they said Sony on them). Now the only closed cans I have are my PX200's and those are quite unobtrusive. I'd try my Grados on the bus but I think the people sitting near me wouldn't like that very much. Maybe the HD497's...but those just look way too dorky. Even my Beyer DT770's didn't look that dorky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back