I came here to have questions answered, Instead I have a helleva lot more...
Dec 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 24
For around $200? Everything I saw was in the 500-800 range. I did find and am looking at the a900 currently, those look nice too. But I really do like the looks of those wooden phones. I really like the looks of them, they just ooze qaulity.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #17 of 24
The W1000 was sold in a clearance from Musician's Friend for really cheap. You can probably find a used one at around $200.

I haven't heard the A900, but I heard the A700 and from what I read, I think it is reasonable to assume they would have a similar sound signature which would be V-shaped. The A700 has recessed mids and was a bit harsh on the treble for certain electronic tracks with fake digital cymbals. I think the A900 may improve on this, but I'm not certain.

The A, W, and AD series sound quite different from each other.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #19 of 24
Cheapest for the w1000 I can find thus far is 448. I'll keep looking around, but I'm getting the feeling I'm going to have to settle for something else. Which is a shame, sounds like the perfect cans for me.

EDIT: Yeah, I've searched high and low and that is the only pair I can find. Super sad. They seem so nice, wish they weren't discontinued...

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #20 of 24
Guess you wouldn't know a place I might be able to find them, would you? I've tried all the places I can think of and have google/bing/yahoo'd myself out of options. The only place I could find them for around $200 bucks was from a china wholesale store, which I'm almost certain was a scam site.

It's looking like I may have to start looking at open cans instead to get those good vocals. Although, from what I hear open headphones tend to suffer in the bass area. Seems like me liking mids/bass is not a realistic taste. lol

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #21 of 24
Along with the regular suggestions, Audiogon and eBay (and the variations thereof) are the only places I know. If anyone knows of another I'd love to hear about them.

Dec 19, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:
My only suggestion to you is to either buy something else if you can't wait, such as the AD2000 which can be had for around $350.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until one pops up in the for sale forum or on ebay.

Where can you find the AD2000s for $350 and the W1000s for $200? I'll jump all over them at those prices. All of the W1000s I've seen have been above $300 with an anomaly in the FS forum at $250 while the lowest I've seen on the AD2000s was around $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back