I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Apr 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #136 of 1,630
Quote:
My firmware is V8.0.2 is the latest firmware , no other firmware until now .

thanks for your answer. Just a couple of questions more
1. As I understood, in HDPr10 there is no any file managers, like the ES File Explorer in DX100?
2. Is it possible to install the ES File Explorer? There is no GooglePlay, but perhaps if to load the es_file_explorer_v1.6.2.5.apk inside the HDPr10 (through USB or via microSD) one can activate it and install? Is it possible somehow to see the non-music files  from the player interface?

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #137 of 1,630
thanks for your answer. Just a couple of questions more
1. As I understood, in HDPr10 there is no any file managers, like the ES File Explorer in DX100?
2. Is it possible to install the ES File Explorer? There is no GooglePlay, but perhaps if to load the es_file_explorer_v1.6.2.5.apk inside the HDPr10 (through USB or via microSD) one can activate it and install? Is it possible somehow to see the non-music files  from the player interface?

I am sorry wkrajewski
I just received for 3 days , I can not answer your two question
Maybe someone can help him to answer his question ?
Thank you

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #139 of 1,630
I am sorry wkrajewski
I just received for 3 days , I can not answer your two question
Maybe someone can help him to answer his question ?
Thank you
Ping V0. I believe he's found a way to enable the Android Market to put apps on the HDP-R10. I'm going to make a guess it'll involve tinkering & rooting the OS, etc.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #141 of 1,630
Why not the toslink to mini? With the adapter you have another interface. I always got the toslink to mini and it works great.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #142 of 1,630
Why not the toslink to mini? With the adapter you have another interface. I always got the toslink to mini and it works great.

Hi jamato8
Like in my picture above I have toslink adaptor to mini as well for my HDP R 10
I have compare between I use toslink / optical vs coaxial cable for HDP R10
The result coaxial cable has better SQ IMO

Syst concept has another very thin toslink , SQ is better than mine , I want to buy later on
Will compare again coaxial cable .

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #143 of 1,630
I am not sure I understand. Doesn't the R10 have a mini optical output? What I see in the image is a toslink to toslink cable with a optical mini adapter. Using the adapter will degrade the performance. What I use is on the cable, mini to toslink in the 1300 or 13,000 fiber cable with no adapters.

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #144 of 1,630
I am not sure I understand. Doesn't the R10 have a mini optical output? What I see in the image is a toslink to toslink cable with a optical mini adapter. Using the adapter will degrade the performance. What I use is on the cable, mini to toslink in the 1300 or 13,000 fiber cable with no adapters.
Jama, it's the same as the DX100. Yep that is an adapter. Does an adapter degrade that much!?

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #145 of 1,630
Quote:
Jama, it's the same as the DX100. Yep that is an adapter. Does an adapter degrade that much!?

Well the adapter is not 1300 fibers it is one fiber and a so-so quality one. Also, you have another optical interface, which can degrade the signal so yest, you want just the quality optical cable and nothing more if you can help it. It isn't going to ruin the sound but less is better.

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #146 of 1,630
Well the adapter is not 1300 fibers it is one fiber and a so-so quality one. Also, you have another optical interface, which can degrade the signal so yest, you want just the quality optical cable and nothing more if you can help it. It isn't going to ruin the sound but less is better.
My adapter just be uber crap then :). It doesn't even have any optical fibre medium but just an adapter tube to keep the transmit media converters & receiver optical fibre aligned.

I actually thought all of these optical adapters were like that.

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #147 of 1,630
Quote:
My adapter just be uber crap then :). It doesn't even have any optical fibre medium but just an adapter tube to keep the transmit media converters & receiver optical fibre aligned.

I actually thought all of these optical adapters were like that.

No, most adapters have an optical fiber in them but it appears, with your crappo one, not all. :^) It's all good. Life is too short to worry about the little things. Every minute and every hour is one you will never have again. It's all good.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #148 of 1,630

Thank you Sean for your help

You are right Jamato , using adapter will degrade the performance .
That's why use the coaxial cable SQ is better than the Toslink cable .

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #150 of 1,630
I can only say the hep r10 I own sounds great and has no issues

If I were you read the dx100 thread that should be enough to make ur decision really easy
AL D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back