I always break my headphones! Time for new ones.
Feb 10, 2011 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KingFontenette

New Head-Fier

Hello everyone! My name is Terrance Paul Fontenette and this is my first post here after lurking for about a year. Like the title says, I always break my headphones. I ride BMX. I buy headphones knowing they are going to break when I ride my bike. This does not bother me since I don't wear anything too expensive when I ride. I've gone through some portapros, Ultrasone zinos and some rather cheap throw aways. Since i broke my last pair of Zinos this past Sunday I need some suggestions on some new portables. They don't need to be rugged.They need to be lite and comfortable (I have to be able to wear them a few hours at a time) and be under $150. Please no IEMs. I don't like riding my bikes with them on. I've been contemplating picking up Sennheiser PX 200 II Bs. Im open to all suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

PS. I listen to a lot of EDM and hip-hop while I ride but switch to jazz occasionally. I've become a bit of a bass head recently.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 7
Feb 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Please no IEMs. 

Quote:
Maybe you should consider in-ear canalphones

tongue_smile.gif

so.....

why don't you consider some of the behind-the-neck phones.  like those that sony and panasonic make for active users?
why spend $150 when you can get out of best buy for $40 tops, and have decent sound quality.
as you have said, you're just gonna break them anyway.

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 7
Im tempted to pick up the iGrados for a pair of behind the neck cans. Amazon has the ATH-ES3As for 39.99 right now i'll probably grab those too. I've been curious about the ATH-EM7 clip ons also.

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 7
Feb 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I tried riding my bike with IEMs and it just keeps you to closed off. I need to hear my surroundings just a little bit just for safety.

Yeah, sorry, I missed the very end of your post.  TBH, BMX biking may be one thing you can't use headphones with -- maybe just ride, and then listen to music in your down-time??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back