HZSOUNDS Heart Mirror
Jun 16, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #62 of 93
Thank You for the prompt replies guys . really appreciate it . i guess for this price this has alot to offer . Perfecto .

You need an amp though. The Heart Mirror sounds meh from a low powered source, thin note weight and bass light and small soundstage when underpowered.

If you don't have an amp, I suggest looking at other IEM alternatives, as you won't be doing justice to the sound.

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #63 of 93
You need an amp though. The Heart Mirror sounds meh from a low powered source, thin note weight and bass light and small soundstage when underpowered.

If you don't have an amp, I suggest looking at other IEM alternatives, as you won't be doing justice to the sound.
I have Motu M2 Interface for my PC and LSR308 JBL Studio Monitor.

but i always prefer to use my balanced E1DA 9038s Dongle DAC and it is 340mW @32Ohm and it powers my sundara okay .

Jul 13, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #64 of 93
which one is better, HZsound Heart Mirror & Hidizs MS2 ??
esp, in term of :

treble (high & mid freq) area?

technicallities , like : micro details retrieval, resolution, separation instruments?

which is closest to good 3d imaging can make holographic shape ?

thank you very much…

Jul 13, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #65 of 93
which one is better, HZsound Heart Mirror & Hidizs MS2 ??
esp, in term of :

treble (high & mid freq) area?

technicallities , like : micro details retrieval, resolution, separation instruments?

which is closest to good 3d imaging can make holographic shape ?

thank you very much…

I don't have the MS2, but just my 2 cents, it is gonna be an apples to oranges comparison to compare a hybrid like the Hidizs MS2 versus a single dynamic driver (DD) set like the Heart Mirror.

At the budget segment, the hybrids tend to have better technical performance (eg instrument separation, imaging, details) when compared to single DD sets, but they may suffer from BA timbre or have coherency issues. Whereas at the budget segment, the single DD types generally have better timbral accuracy for acoustic instruments and better coherency, but they may be weaker in technicalities. So it really depends on what you prioritize in the music, and perhaps the music genres you listen to.

FWIW, even though I said the single DD tends to be weaker in technicalities at the budget segment, the HZSound Heart Mirror is one of the better single DD types in technicalities, assuming it is amped. The soundstage of the Heart Mirror is a weakness though, it does improve in amping in this area, but it makes up for a smaller soundstage with good imaging, and I rather take a good imaging set with smaller soundstage than something with big soundstage but fuzzy imaging.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #66 of 93
I don't have the MS2, but just my 2 cents, it is gonna be an apples to oranges comparison to compare a hybrid like the Hidizs MS2 versus a single dynamic driver (DD) set like the Heart Mirror.

At the budget segment, the hybrids tend to have better technical performance (eg instrument separation, imaging, details) when compared to single DD sets, but they may suffer from BA timbre or have coherency issues. Whereas at the budget segment, the single DD types generally have better timbral accuracy for acoustic instruments and better coherency, but they may be weaker in technicalities. So it really depends on what you prioritize in the music, and perhaps the music genres you listen to.

FWIW, even though I said the single DD tends to be weaker in technicalities at the budget segment, the HZSound Heart Mirror is one of the better single DD types in technicalities, assuming it is amped. The soundstage of the Heart Mirror is a weakness though, it does improve in amping in this area, but it makes up for a smaller soundstage with good imaging, and I rather take a good imaging set with smaller soundstage than something with big soundstage but fuzzy imaging.
Thank you very much... Mr Basking... so enlightenment and helpful for me.

Jul 17, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #67 of 93
Just another data point, but I bought a Heart Mirror and squig'd it.

https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,HZSound_Heart_Mirror

graph - 2021-07-17T130222.021.png

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #68 of 93
Received my Heart Mirror yesterday and boy they are truly a miracle in this price segment if one prefers neutrality, tonal+timbral accuracy and musicality. I'm using completely stock setup and everything is per my taste, I might tip roll to check how they react with their bundled in tips and some of the premium tips.

But in this price category, they're miles clear of T2 and BL03. T2+ is slightly more sterile but not far behind. And, with foamies I am sure they will turn into a lean machine with canon-like bass. As impressions have been, they're demanding and I had to go at least 20% beyond my usual listening levels to get these mirrors sing in a way that plucks strings of my heart.

I have received KZ BA10 as well but I haven't even unboxed them😂 Detailed impressions will be up in some time, but I'm really happy to have got them for $33. They beat the crap out of everyone at that price.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #69 of 93
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #70 of 93
Aug 19, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #71 of 93
For those who are looking to purchase Heart Mirror then they can be availed for as low as $33 during the upcoming AliExpress sale.

Sep 2, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #73 of 93
Heart Mirror fans should definitely give Moondrop Quarks a spin. Neutral with slight emphasis on mids and it indeed seems like baby HM. It is musical but lacks a bit of refinement and technicalities but at 1/5th price it's a fair compromise. I'm using them with cheap JVC tips that come bundled in with HA-FX1X. Stock tips are crap so best to stay away from them. With it's small canal shaped design, they're damn comfortable and can be used as a sleeper IEM as well.

P.S. - That scary looking peak on the graph is not at all heard. Mids and treble are smooth and pleasant. Although YMMV.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #74 of 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Back