HZSOUNDS Heart Mirror
Feb 21, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #76 of 93
I ordered my HM a few days ago. Gonna try it out but with Akros guide video
Same thing. Here is my little rant about HM, if you're interested. Really nice iem

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #78 of 93
I tried the XINHS graphene cable with the heart mirror and they pair well.
Nice soudstage et fuller mids.

Mar 25, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #80 of 93
Nice one. I haven't had them that long. Using the stock cable bass was fairly neutral. Using a TRi Through 4.4mm balanced cable on my HiBy R5 changed that and bass increased quite a lot. I will equalise on the HiBy and see how it responds. It's a very good sounding IEM. I'm happy to hear it responds well to EQ.
Sorry as this might be far too late, but may I ask how did the TRI Through affected the mids & highs of the HM?

Coz I'm planning to get a through to use for an HM. Thanks in advance.

Mar 25, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #81 of 93
Sorry as this might be far too late, but may I ask how did the TRI Through affected the mids & highs of the HM?

I'll put on the Tri Through and also the Faael Copper cable a bit later and get back to you. :darthsmile:

Mar 25, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #82 of 93

Just had a listen to the Heart Mirror. First with an inexpensive NiceHCK 16 core copper, then the Faaeal Copper cable and lastly the TRi Through,. I have L Azla Xelastec tips on and used my HiBy R5 DAP. The NiceHCK was warmer than both the Faaeal and Tri Through, but the Silver/White, Tri Through, to my ears has an extra level of musicality. Surprisingly on 2PAC Ambitionz Az A Ridah, the mid bass is quite solid and with reasonable impact. On various Patti Smith stuff like Smells Like Teen Spirit and Changing of the Guard and on Slabo Day, Snowy White, the guitars and treble sound very nice. On The Old Triangle, Bert Jansch, slower treble is nicely done indeed I didn't find the upper midrange or the treble, peaky or overbearing, although I am a little older so maybe I am less troubled by treble peaks. The Tri Through is well made with a nice jack (I use 4.4mm) with strain relief and a good usable chin slider. I think it suits the HM unless you have very sensitive ears. Definitely a favourite of mine and it does suit the HM. All listened to on Amazon HD streaming.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #83 of 93
Just had a listen to the Heart Mirror. First with an inexpensive NiceHCK 16 core copper, then the Faaeal Copper cable and lastly the TRi Through,. I have L Azla Xelastec tips on and used my HiBy R5 DAP. The NiceHCK was warmer than both the Faaeal and Tri Through, but the Silver/White, Tri Through, to my ears has an extra level of musicality. Surprisingly on 2PAC Ambitionz Az A Ridah, the mid bass is quite solid and with reasonable impact. On various Patti Smith stuff like Smells Like Teen Spirit and Changing of the Guard and on Slabo Day, Snowy White, the guitars and treble sound very nice. On The Old Triangle, Bert Jansch, slower treble is nicely done indeed I didn't find the upper midrange or the treble, peaky or overbearing, although I am a little older so maybe I am less troubled by treble peaks. The Tri Through is well made with a nice jack (I use 4.4mm) with strain relief and a good usable chin slider. I think it suits the HM unless you have very sensitive ears. Definitely a favourite of mine and it does suit the HM. All listened to on Amazon HD streaming.
My goodness. @dharmasteve, my words are not enough to show how much gratitude I have for your efforts. I would've hugged & kissed you rn, my guy 😅. Thank you thank you thank you very much & have a good day (or night). ✊🙏

Nov 25, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #86 of 93
Did the Heart Mirror get discontinued?

Yes it seems so. Only very few stores are selling it (and at marked up prices). The Pro version is now the main selling IEM in this lineage, but sadly, the Pro version is tuned totally different from the original.

Nov 26, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #87 of 93
Yes it seems so. Only very few stores are selling it (and at marked up prices). The Pro version is now the main selling IEM in this lineage, but sadly, the Pro version is tuned totally different from the original.
Damn, that's a shame. Was one of my favorites.

Dec 13, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #88 of 93
For those who still want the OG Heart Mirror or want a spare before it's too late, it's still on HiFiGO for $41 atm and in stock. Just got two spares along with a Tanchjim Space dongle DAC.

Jan 15, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #90 of 93
Seems like there's a Heart Mirror Zero coming out soon. Wonder how that'll be.

I just googled these IEMs and was surprised by their retail price. $36, wow. An ideal product for newcomers to the hobby perhaps :) ?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back