HZSOUNDS Heart Mirror
Jan 5, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #16 of 93
Final Audio E Tips really work! I am using the Small size, as they are close to the original tips.

They may increase bass a little [that may be from better seal], although I don't think the Heart Mirror really needs more bass.

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #18 of 93
Anyone using this can without an amp? How does it sound?

I have an a55 and i plan to get the mirror as a portable option

It sounds flat and very thin in note weight without amping. Soundstage is very compressed when not amped. Not recommended if you are not amping as you aren't getting the full potential.

The A55 can't drive this well unfortunately. U really need to consider a portable amp at least.

Mar 23, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 93
It sounds flat and very thin in note weight without amping. Soundstage is very compressed when not amped. Not recommended if you are not amping as you aren't getting the full potential.

The A55 can't drive this well unfortunately. U really need to consider a portable amp at least.
Urgh that sucks

U have any recommendation for iem with similar sound sig but easier to drive?

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #20 of 93
Urgh that sucks

U have any recommendation for iem with similar sound sig but easier to drive?

U can read about the original Tin T2.
For a little more bass u can read about the Tin T2 Plus (not the Tin T2 Pro which is a sibilance fest).

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #21 of 93
U can read about the original Tin T2.
For a little more bass u can read about the Tin T2 Plus (not the Tin T2 Pro which is a sibilance fest).
What about these
Blon BL03 - 05s
Moondrop Ssr - Ssp
Kinera bd005 pro

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #22 of 93
What about these
Blon BL03 - 05s
Moondrop Ssr - Ssp
Kinera bd005 pro

BLON BL-03 is harmanish with midbass bump.
BLON BL-05s is U shaped.
Moondrop SSR is tuned somewhat diffuse-field neutral with an upper mids boost.
Haven't tried SSP.
Kindera BD005 Pro is mild V shaped.

So all of em are not the same sound signature as the HZSound Heart Mirror, which is a neutralish bright IEM, except maybe the SSR is quite similar. But the SSR is shouty at the 3 kHz region at louder volumes (fletcher munson curve), so beware if you are sensitive to this area.

When amped, I think the HZSound Heart Mirror beats all those above in transients and technicalities and timbre.

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #23 of 93
Anyone using this can without an amp? How does it sound?

I have an a55 and i plan to get the mirror as a portable option
I agree that the Heart-mirror needs some amping.
An exceptional IEM at the top end of your budget is the BQEYZ KB100. Easy to drive and gives a lot in return from most sources. It has been out a while but is still very relevant.

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #24 of 93
BLON BL-03 is harmanish with midbass bump.
BLON BL-05s is U shaped.
Moondrop SSR is tuned somewhat diffuse-field neutral with an upper mids boost.
Haven't tried SSP.
Kindera BD005 Pro is mild V shaped.

So all of em are not the same sound signature as the HZSound Heart Mirror, which is a neutralish bright IEM, except maybe the SSR is quite similar. But the SSR is shouty at the 3 kHz region at louder volumes (fletcher munson curve), so beware if you are sensitive to this area.

When amped, I think the HZSound Heart Mirror beats all those above in transients and technicalities and timbre.
Hmm, I am using datura pro and quite love the sound sig of it.

Which one in the above list is similar to it? in your opinion

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #25 of 93
Hmm, I am using datura pro and quite love the sound sig of it.

Which one in the above list is similar to it? in your opinion

Is your Datura Pro in stock tuning? The stock form is a midcentric tuning (ie bass and treble aren't as boosted as the mids), and that is a very niche and uncommon tuning. None of the above mentioned IEMs are midcentric. Midcentric tunings are kind of love it or hate it, as the lack of bass may not be good for some bass forward music genres, but midcentric tunings are good for vocals/acoustic type genres.

There is a EQed version of the Datura Pro (u can ask in the earbuds thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/) that makes it sound much nicer, u can ask the rest there about it.

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #26 of 93
Yes I agree the Heart Mirror is better than the Tin T2 plus. There is a slight accent towards sub-bass rather than mid bass, female vocals and treble have great clarity and detail and that's where the Heart Mirror shines. On Sibelius's Violin Concerto, Adrian Justus, timbre is better than most, so is very pleasing and the DD surprisingly picks up the nuances of the piece. Surprisingly my Samsung S9 plus also drives them well, with Faaeal 3.5 copper cable. There is detail and refinement in the highs.
Wait, your Samsung s9+ also drives them well? I have a Samsung s10e, than it should also be a good enough option?? Also I think my MacBook Pro puts out more volt than my Samsung s10e, so do you think I can get away without amping? I plan to buy hm at the end of this month (AE sale). I also planned to buy the sonata hd pro (suggested by @baskingshark). I am not sure whether I can afford both though.

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #27 of 93
Btw, I was also curious as to whether there is a standalone amp for the price of the sonata hd pro which can dish out more power. I have a er4sr, so a better amp would certainly be a better option for me (I will buy a dac later on). I like neutral or slightly bright sound signature, so it would be best if the amp doesn't color the sound. Also I have an 3.55mm se to 1/4"(6.3mm) unbalanced adapter from my ety purchase. It would be nice if I can use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #28 of 93
Wait, your Samsung s9+ also drives them well? I have a Samsung s10e, than it should also be a good enough option?? Also I think my MacBook Pro puts out more volt than my Samsung s10e, so do you think I can get away without amping? I plan to buy hm at the end of this month (AE sale). I also planned to buy the sonata hd pro (suggested by @baskingshark). I am not sure whether I can afford both though.
It depends whether the S9 plus is the Exynos version or not. The UK version is the Exynos version and has the Cirrus Logic CS47L93 DAC which produces a reasonably decent sound. The Snapdragon version does not have the Cirrus. I would say the sound is about par with the FiiO M6, and goes quite loud from the S9 plus 3.5mm jack. Using the Heart Mirror from my HiBy R5 I do get a better sound, but that's to be expected. Not all phones are equal and if your phone has a decent DAC the sound can be quite good. So I do not know what DAC is in the Samsung S10e, but you probably already have an idea what the sound is like. Maybe check what DAC it uses.

Mar 23, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #29 of 93
It depends whether the S9 plus is the Exynos version or not. The UK version is the Exynos version and has the Cirrus Logic CS47L93 DAC which produces a reasonably decent sound. The Snapdragon version does not have the Cirrus. I would say the sound is about par with the FiiO M6, and goes quite loud from the S9 plus 3.5mm jack. Using the Heart Mirror from my HiBy R5 I do get a better sound, but that's to be expected. Not all phones are equal and if your phone has a decent DAC the sound can be quite good. So I do not know what DAC is in the Samsung S10e, but you probably already have an idea what the sound is like. Maybe check what DAC it uses.
Thanks, I checked anandtech, and they seem to view the snapdragon chipset quite highly. I also find it to be nice, though I perceive my MacBook Pro to be significantly overpowered and clean(at least perceived cleanliness, it may be a bias for loudness). Anyway, any suggestion for pure amp for around $50?

Mar 23, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #30 of 93
It seems that many on the internet say the Samsung 10e, Snapdragon version, has a good DAC and sounds pretty good. It may drive the Heart Mirror well, although I can't guarantee it. It's clear that not all phones are equal sound wise, but yours is a step up than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back