Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 25, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #18,362 of 18,990
Yup, the Choral M scaler. It's almost done if we get his messages right.
Yes - been working with pre-production units this month. Everything is working correctly, and it's exceeding my SQ expectations from the earlier prototypes.

Got up at 3am Christmas morning to try something out, and have gotten a small SQ improvement today - so I am happy.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #18,363 of 18,990
Yes - been working with pre-production units this month. Everything is working correctly, and it's exceeding my SQ expectations from the earlier prototypes.

Got up at 3am Christmas morning to try something out, and have gotten a small SQ improvement today - so I am happy.
Thats some spirit.. even during Xmas improving on designs 😃

We should be lucky for the component delays
As once released.. it gets frozen for 10 years ..theres no upgrading anymore.

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #18,366 of 18,990

Okay it’s official we are all hifi nerds here😂
Merry Christmas👍🏼🎄.

Is the new scaler also for the tt2 or especially for the dave? Also design wise? Because the mscaler looks very nice together with the tt2

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #18,367 of 18,990
Okay it’s official we are all hifi nerds here😂
Merry Christmas👍🏼🎄.

Is the new scaler also for the tt2 or especially for the dave? Also design wise? Because the mscaler looks very nice together with the tt2
It will be the same as the current scaler. Which was shaped for TT range but Dave benefits too but now reversed shaped for Choral but TT2 benefits too.

At least i dont have to redesign its housing this time😄

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #18,368 of 18,990

That's awesome Rob, take a little break today to enjoy the family and Christmas, you work hard my friend.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #18,369 of 18,990
That's awesome Rob, take a little break today to enjoy the family and Christmas, you work hard my friend.
From what I understand, he seems to enjoy his work so much that the borders of playing around and hard work become blurry🙂

Dec 25, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #18,370 of 18,990
From what I understand, he seems to enjoy his work so much that the borders of playing around and hard work become blurry🙂
I know the feeling ..i had it when testing and tweaking my mods.. getting these wow moments when you hear ever deeper in the music.. long nights keeping going

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #18,371 of 18,990
Did some more testing regarding the srcdx dropouts/resets when using single bnc mode.

Tried listening to music on Roon for about 2 hours without up sampling so that it would stay on single mode. Not a single issue. So something has to be going on with windows or my system that would randomly cause it to have problems watching YouTube or movies.

One thing I did notice, compared to optical from holo red or the normal chord usb input is that anytime I loaded up anything with sound on the pc, the srcdx causes the display in the tt2 to activate like it’s getting a new input or resyncing. Could be an amd vs intel thing. I do know amd had issues with usb dropouts but it’s never happened on other audio gear.

I think my next test is going to be setting windows audio to a higher frequency to make it always run I dual mode to see if it’s more stable that way

Dec 26, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #18,372 of 18,990
I have been 100% speakers listening on my system, now I want to get a pair of headphones to use on my TT-2/M Scaler combo for when the kids are asleep, what do you guys recommend? I want a full sound, nothing thin or bright, some recommendations please. No worries about budget, just want something really good.

Dec 26, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #18,374 of 18,990
I have been 100% speakers listening on my system, now I want to get a pair of headphones to use on my TT-2/M Scaler combo for when the kids are asleep, what do you guys recommend? I want a full sound, nothing thin or bright, some recommendations please. No worries about budget, just want something really good.
Open or closed-back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back