Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 12, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #13,831 of 18,906
Hello,

I just received my new TT2 and upon setting it up noticed what seems to be some sort of moving part inside the unit as I flipped it around. Initially thought its one of the XLR socket but its coming from the inside. Basically as I flip the unit upside down for ex I can hear what sounds like a loose moving part. Has anyone experienced it? Is it to be expected? If not its kind of bummer to start with for an item thats this expensive.

thanks

May 12, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #13,832 of 18,906
I just received my new TT2 and upon setting it up noticed what seems to be some sort of moving part inside the unit as I flipped it around. Initially thought its one of the XLR socket but its coming from the inside. Basically as I flip the unit upside down for ex I can hear what sounds like a loose moving part. Has anyone experienced it? Is it to be expected? If not its kind of bummer to start with for an item thats this expensive.
hmmmm that sucks, mine doesn't rattle when shaken, maybe something got loose while being shipped?

May 12, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #13,833 of 18,906
hmmmm that sucks, mine doesn't rattle when shaken, maybe something got loose while being shipped?
:frowning2: - thanks for confirming. The package looks well packed and sealed though. I hate when these happen esp purchased new and not used. Lemme contact seller and see. Cr@p...

May 12, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #13,835 of 18,906
What is your experience with the Ttoby? Some claim the fan is too loud.

Having only received mine today I am not perhaps the ideal reply, but its sat a foot away from me and in a silent room I can hear the slow hum of a fan. With even lower volume of music from open back headphones that hum is inaudible, I really cant see that as being any sort of an issue for most people.

May 12, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #13,836 of 18,906
Thanks for the reply! Is in the market for a small amp but have some bad experience with fans in another amp, it was quite low in level but had very irritating high pitch tone. Typically it was off but turned on and off depending on temp.

May 12, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #13,837 of 18,906
What is your experience with the Ttoby? Some claim the fan is too loud.
I never found the fan to be loud when it did kick in occasionally. It depends on how hard you are driving it. For headphones usage, it would very rarely kick in. I now use an AC Infinity fan I had around on top of it at low setting and it's whisper quiet so you don't know that it's even on. It keeps the TToby really cool so the internal fan never gets used. I'm very happy with the TToby and it seems to have a great synergy with the TT2 - both functionally and tonally.

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 0
May 12, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #13,838 of 18,906
:frowning2: - thanks for confirming. The package looks well packed and sealed though. I hate when these happen esp purchased new and not used. Lemme contact seller and see. Cr@p...
I am very very sorry for you. I hope the seller can get you a new piece straight away.

May 12, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #13,839 of 18,906
Hello,

thanks
You're not alone. I received my TT2 a few weeks ago and it too makes a rattling noise when I move it gently. I thought this was normal?

Perhaps the 3 front ball buttons are causing the rattling noise? If this is the case then there's nothing to worry about.

May 12, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #13,841 of 18,906
Hello,

thanks
Had that problem with an mscaler. I took it apart and found small screw from a circuit board which I replaced. The mscaler needed security screw drivers to open.

May 12, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #13,842 of 18,906
Hello,

thanks
Hello,
but the TT2 turns on?
works? makes sound?
If so, it will not be anything serious, it would be good to verify that
lucky

May 12, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #13,843 of 18,906
A member posted about the rattling noise 2 years ago:
I just tested out your theory, and you were right. It is the three ball-bearings in the three switches on the front. I tested it by holding still the three buttons and then moving the TT2 about a bit. There is then no rattle, that was there before.

I hope this unit is OK then. I am guessing it's fine.

(EDIT: I emailed this about the ball-bearings to Chord. Then within minutes Chord Electronics emailed me and said the unit is fine.)

I just tested this now. If I press and hold the 3 ball buttons and move the unit gently, I hear no rattling noise at all. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #13,844 of 18,906
That's what I suggested he check out..we do hear a lot of that on many products about things like switches/button covers, connector contacts moving around
Hey Justin,

I just tried what you suggested in the email and yes the "rattle" was exactly due to those covers! Holding those three buttons stops it and just hear the slight play on the XLR's (the small clamp inside) but that guess normal by design so it doesn't break. Makes me feel relieved it's not like broken piece inside..phew...

Thanks for getting back to me quickly and headamp's customer service :thumbsup:

May 13, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #13,845 of 18,906
I have Susvara headphones, am in the process of parting with the beautiful Meze's and need to update my sig.
Have you had the Aryas before? How would you compare them to the Susvara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back