Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #9,902 of 18,895
Clear? YouTube mp3 poop is clear to. You?
Why are you taking so much offence ? DCS Bartok is inferior tech as compared to tt2+ m scaler . There is no alternative to long filter lengths to reconstruct the analog wave correctly. Did you read the comparison of Bartok and tt2+m scaler in one of the link in this thread ? The poster kept cheaper tt2+ m scaler and returned back more expensive Bartok . Everywhere he found tt2+m scaler to be more refined and timbre correct, no wonder Bartok should sounds more sibilant. Problem with these reviewers is that they can't go to very extremes of praising some product, obviously due commercial reasons. Keeping cheaper tt2 + m scaler is enough hint that tt2+m scaler is superior to Bartok at almost half the price. PS : this so called youtube poop is enough to give you the idea of tt2+m scaler's unmatched 'refinement' and timing and timbral accuracy. Listen 'any' random video of tt2+m scaler and 'best' sounding video of Bartok, this Bartok is so sibilant.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #9,903 of 18,895
Why are you taking so much offence ? DCS Bartok is inferior tech as compared to tt2+ m scaler . There is no alternative to long filter lengths to reconstruct the analog wave correctly. Did you read the comparison of Bartok and tt2+m scaler in one of the link in this thread ? The poster kept cheaper tt2+ m scaler and returned back more expensive Bartok . Everywhere he found tt2+m scaler to be more refined and timbre correct, no wonder Bartok should sounds more sibilant. Problem with these reviewers is that they can't go to very extremes of praising some product, obviously due commercial reasons. Keeping cheaper tt2 + m scaler is enough hint that tt2+m scaler is superior to Bartok at almost half the price. PS : this so called youtube poop is enough to give you the idea of tt2+m scaler's unmatched 'refinement' and timing and timbral accuracy. Listen 'any' random video of tt2+m scaler and 'best' sounding video of Bartok, this Bartok is so sibilant.

You cannot pass judgement on $12,000 worth of audio gear using a video. Have you actually heard the Bartok, in person, yourself? I suspect not. Well, I have, paired with Focal Utopia and the sound was sublime, not sibilant. The Bartok is also a network streamer, which needs to be factored in when considering the TT2/HMS cost differential. But this is the TT2 thread and I would be equally miffed if someone posted a negative comment about the Chord based on listening to a video.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #9,904 of 18,895
I find it bizarre that anyone can possible make any comment about a DAC based on a youtube video, and I find it equally bizarre that the youtubers think that is possible for people to review audio systems this way.

It defies any scientific logic: Take a digital file and convert it to a lovely analogue signal with uber DAC A. Take a recording of the analogue signal and then convert it to a digital signal with a lossy codec and upload to youtube. End user listens to the compressed digital file on random DAC B. How is the end user possibly supposed to deconvolve the influence of DAC A after two digital to analogue conversions with different equipment and an intermediate stage of digital file compression?

I suspect that the listening impressions would be dominated by the weakest link in the chain, which would be the lossy compression and likely inferior quality of DAC B.

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #9,905 of 18,895
I can't take you seriously when you mention high end gear and YouTube in the same paragraph.

What are a few examples of bang for buck speakers that can be powered by tt2 alone? Budget 1.5k max, I don't mind buying used.

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #9,906 of 18,895

I've been actively trying to make a decision between the TT2 and Dave and I've been paying attention to the two threads respectively in this forum. Posts like these are why I haven't purchased either lol

Both of these threads are filled with biased ridiculousness lol.

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #9,907 of 18,895
I've been actively trying to make a decision between the TT2 and Dave and I've been paying attention to the two threads respectively in this forum. Posts like these are why I haven't purchased either lol

Both of these threads are filled with biased ridiculousness lol.
I believe for headphones, Dave is king if the chord line.
But I haven't heard it. But from what I read, it's the next step up.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #9,909 of 18,895
Can we get back to our regularly scheduled TT2 chit chat?

I recently got the Hifiman Arya. Wow, the TT2 sure drives those wonderfully! So energetic yet euphonic, really sweet.

Now I'm anxious to hear how well it drives the notoriously difficult HE6Se headphones, and I have those on the way too.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #9,910 of 18,895
hello @rkt31, Wonder if you could share a photo of 3 number ifi isilencer in series and usb power replaced by a 4xAA battery pack using ifi idefender connecting USB from laptop? and wonder if this setup top Xduoo's USB and optical ? Thanks a lot.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #9,911 of 18,895
tt2 can accept up to 768khz dual bnc whereas bartok is limited to 384khz via usb. double the data does equate to a far more accurate reconstruction and presentation of the music at hand. this at least is one valid argument in favour of chord. no other brand of dac on the market operates at 705/768khz.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #9,912 of 18,895
tt2 can accept up to 768khz dual bnc whereas bartok is limited to 384khz via usb. double the data does equate to a far more accurate reconstruction and presentation of the music at hand. this at least is one valid argument in favour of chord. no other brand of dac on the market operates at 705/768khz.

There are $100 China DACs that support 768kHz..

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #9,913 of 18,895
with a 1m tap interpolation filter?

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #9,915 of 18,895
oh no it's the monday morning hqp vs mscaler sumo match...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back