Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 14, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #9,931 of 18,905
But which xlr pins are you using ? 2 and 3 ?
Sorry I do not remember right now, whatever is recommended earlier in this forum for 18 Watts. I also made a set for RCA connection (7Watts).

Jul 14, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #9,932 of 18,905
I read about quite a few Hugo TT2 units malfunctioning. Keep us posted.

Mine has to be returned to Chord, as after 20-30 minutes of use, the actual box makes a clicking noise sporadicly. The clicking comes from the actual box and it has nothing to do with changing sample rates etc. I've also heard it click when I have just stopped using it and it's turned off and in standby mode.

The music still sounds great though, and if I had to guess what is causing the clicks, I would say it's something to do with the heat ?

Schiit happens!

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #9,933 of 18,905
Mine has to be returned to Chord, as after 20-30 minutes of use, the actual box makes a clicking noise sporadicly. The clicking comes from the actual box and it has nothing to do with changing sample rates etc. I've also heard it click when I have just stopped using it and it's turned off and in standby mode.

That's normal. Mine clicks every once in a while too. Probably just thermal differences in the chassis, etc, which is also the heat dissipation system.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #9,934 of 18,905

The music still sounds great though, and if I had to guess what is causing the clicks, I would say it's something to do with the heat ?

Schiit happens!

not really relevant. some monster amps kelp clicking when the amp heated up.

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #9,935 of 18,905
That's normal. Mine clicks every once in a while too. Probably just thermal differences in the chassis, etc, which is also the heat dissipation system.

Geez, I've asked multiple times here if anyones TT2 makes a clicking sound that was not related to turning it on or changing sample rates, and everyone said no their's didn't, but now I hear this.

It seems to be more of a relay clicking sound possibly heat related ? it's not a problem sending it back, it's more for peace of mind if anything.

If more folk start posting that their TT2's make a clicking sound every now and then, I probably won't send my one back to Chord.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #9,936 of 18,905
Sorry to add to the confusion, but I am only trying to help.. The clicking sound you describe sounds like the noise made when you switch the power on/off? That is the only time I hear a clicking sound coming from the TT2.

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #9,937 of 18,905
Sorry to add to the confusion, but I am only trying to help.. The clicking sound you describe sounds like the noise made when you switch the power on/off? That is the only time I hear a clicking sound coming from the TT2.

Yup, it sounds similar to when you turn on TT2, but louder.

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #9,938 of 18,905
Maybe it wants to be on tiktok

Jul 15, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #9,939 of 18,905
My TT stays very cool but at times the TT2 can get fairly warm even while just sitting powered up waiting for the next session. I like to leave things powered up.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #9,941 of 18,905
Geez, I've asked multiple times here if anyones TT2 makes a clicking sound that was not related to turning it on or changing sample rates, and everyone said no their's didn't, but now I hear this.

It seems to be more of a relay clicking sound possibly heat related ? it's not a problem sending it back, it's more for peace of mind if anything.

If more folk start posting that their TT2's make a clicking sound every now and then, I probably won't send my one back to Chord.

Just to be clear @Amberlamps do you have speakers connected and in use with this clicking? I've read too other posts about the clicking, just curious if it's only units with speakers in use.

I'm using mine with headphones only so should I be taking cans off and listening for this?

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #9,942 of 18,905
I’ve posted before about it. I get the occasional clicking, even when in standby and not having been used. It does sound like a relay, so maybe it’s related to some change in input voltage? @Rob Watts ?

Mine never clicks after it's been off for a while. Only during cool down, or when on. I would say maybe once an hour while on. But I've had it off for a few days (plugged in) and zero clicks or anything.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #9,944 of 18,905
I have been in several PMs with @Amberlamps about this clicking issue, and it's a bit of a mystery. I have talked with Chord, and of the thousands of TT2 none so far have come back with clicks.

Perhaps it's a real bug nesting in TT2!
I have it too. but it not that simple to send back to chord from my country.
The sound still ok .so i ignore it .

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #9,945 of 18,905
I have been in several PMs with @Amberlamps about this clicking issue, and it's a bit of a mystery. I have talked with Chord, and of the thousands of TT2 none so far have come back with clicks.

Perhaps it's a real bug nesting in TT2!

Could be, as something climbed into my pc psu a year or so ago, which resulted in a puff of the magical blue smoke.

To be honest, it's not causing any problems with the sound, as TT2 works as good now as it did on day one.

I can't and won't fail Chord for my TT2 making a clicking sound, as heat and relays could be the cause, and if they are, sending it back won't cure it.

This is not an Anti Chord post, and chances are high that I won't even send it back, as it seems too much hassle for something so small, which may not even be a problem.

Ninja edit 74,

I have my TT2 and MScaler plugged in to a lindy power conditioner, maybe thats the root cause.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back