Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #9,346 of 18,905
Is the tt2 less aggressive in its sound than H2? I want all the detail of the H2, the resolution and clarity but also slightly more laid back and not as aggressive ( I don't sense brightness or glare) just lots of attack! Maybe I'm not used to the details in this way.

I have the lcd 4z and love them.

How long have you had the H2? There is some brain burn in time (2 weeks?), but I agree the H2 can sound more forward (I might say bright or “sharp”) than either Mojo or TT2, but not necessarily because it’s more detailed. Just a different tuning by its creator, maybe?

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #9,347 of 18,905
How long have you had the H2? There is some brain burn in time (2 weeks?), but I agree the H2 can sound more forward (I might say bright or “sharp”) than either Mojo or TT2, but not necessarily because it’s more detailed. Just a different tuning by its creator, maybe?
Only just like 4 days!
But it is forward, I agree not bright, just forward, scandalous!
Wish I could soften just a bit without loosing any of its magic haha

Jun 3, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #9,349 of 18,905
Only just like 4 days!

You realize you can change the filters on the H2, right? Filter 1 felt that way to me but 2-4 sound wonderful. (Well, 2-3 do. 4 is a bit too muted).

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #9,350 of 18,905
Only just like 4 days!
40 years ago tone controls were standard and frequently used, exactly for cases like this. Nowadays there are (software) equalizers with even much greater flexibility and virtually no signal corruption. But for some reason people shy away from them. Some have even developed the crude habit of using amplifiers for this task. And some are on an endless search for the perfect headphone or the perfect source/amp for a specific pair. Well, to each his/her own (approach)...

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #9,351 of 18,905
Am going to have to make a shameless plug for an artist. It's more than shameless, it's almost disbelief that more folk are not talking about her music. (I did mention her once or twice before, and only John Franks @Mojo ideas replied.)

I am right now using YouTube to audition the fifth album by Tanita Tikaram. I can't believe my ears. I had decide by the third track that I would buy the album. That was even if every other track was rubbish, but now on track six and all tracks are excellent so far.

Her first album, Ancient Heart was a masterpiece. It's one of my favourite albums for simply getting a music induced peaceful trance, if that makes any sense. Or one of those albums I listen to when I have 'had a long day'. Or if I just want something very chilled and laid back.

Her second album The Sweet Keeper, some say was not as good. On Wikipedia, the review ratings for it have dropped right off. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sweet_Keeper However I do not hear that. I love The Sweet Keeper. I will say though it took me a couple of listens to adjust to her vocals in the first track. By the third listen though, I was 100% hooked on the whole album. It joined her first album by her as one of 'those' albums.

Over the last two days, I auditioned her third and fourth albums on YouTube. I found maybe three tracks on Youtube sounded a bit off. Whatever! The rest of the material on the albums was more Tanita in every respect. I bought the third and fourth albums yesterday. From a CD quality file all the tracks sounded much better, and the three I was a bit off about, were now fine. In fact I listened to both albums twice before going to sleep yesterday. …… Again though, they said her third and fourth album dropped off even more in ratings. I simply do not hear that. I love them. (I think it was just more back then, folk tire of seeing the same person in music videos. They want to see something new. Am just theorising though.)

I implore folk to check out her fifth album ASAP - I honestly think you won't believe your ears. Those first three tracks blew my socks clean off, and prompted me to write this post. She is described as making pop-folk type material. I'm buying it. Am going to audition her sixth today too.

If you click the YouTube link below, it will play the (fifth) album.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #9,352 of 18,905
@Rob Watts

Please can you tell me if the TT2 output works like the Mojo in one respect.

On Mojo we use four clicks down from 3V line level, to use on lower input amplifiers. Is it the same found clicks on the TT2?

I do think I remember you saying something about this, and mention good clear clicks on the remote. …. Anyway four clicks down on the remote is -7H on the TT2. I just checked, because when using an amplifier, I manually set it to -7H on the volume orb.

I know there may be a discrepancy between -7H and -7L. Basically though, is -7H or -7L roughly equal to 1.9V, at four clicks down from -3H/L. (As was said with Mojo - four clicks down from 3V, was about 1.9V.)

I assume this is how it works.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #9,353 of 18,905
If you click the YouTube link below, it will play the (fifth) album.

Tanita Tikaram is one of my favorite voices of all time, and her song "I Might Be Crying" an old time fave. Recording quality is excellent as well.
I do think she had more capricious spunk in her earlier/middle albums, but toward her later albums, the tempo becomes a bit too slow and monotonous. Still worth a listen, though. :thumbsup: Her spunk was coming back in the 2016 album, but sadly, that was the last album...

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #9,354 of 18,905
I’ve finally ordered a TT2 to upgrade my TT. Impossible for me to audition but after reading countless posts eschewing the qualities thought it was appropriate. I was unable to find many talking about direct TT / TT2 comparisons but I love the Chord sound so hopefully it is my end game dac. (hahaha... no Dave for me). I will be bypassing the WTA1 filter with my upscaler/filter but it’s secondary filters and analog section spec out totl. Now for the wait.

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #9,356 of 18,905
I’ve finally ordered a TT2 to upgrade my TT. Impossible for me to audition but after reading countless posts eschewing the qualities thought it was appropriate. I was unable to find many talking about direct TT / TT2 comparisons but I love the Chord sound so hopefully it is my end game dac. (hahaha... no Dave for me). I will be bypassing the WTA1 filter with my upscaler/filter but it’s secondary filters and analog section spec out totl. Now for the wait.
I’m interested of course but don’t own mscaler but do antipodes as you know, look forward to comparisons, although I’m counting shekels for now and the deal on tt at the time of launch was very good with a much stronger dollar cad at the time. But pursuit of the phile is always in the background.

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #9,358 of 18,905
HI, I noticed that the volume wheel on my TT2 can problematic.

When I make really small adjustments to increase the volume - the volume will actually decrease before increasing.

Is this common?

I haven't experienced that but have to admit, I'm paranoid about it so I use the remote most of the time. Plus, the remote is more convenient for me most of the time anyways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back