Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #8,343 of 18,905
Next level

Those inverted cones look like less isolation than just using the TT2 rubber feet that are actually quite pliant according to my squish test of a thumb on opposite corners of the TT2 ! (and if you keep the TT2 on 24/7 it keeps the rubber feet nice and warm so they are soft).

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #8,346 of 18,905
Next level

Lol they are upside down.

:grinning:

Lol # 2

Too much weight may squash VIBRAPOD ISOLATORS, causing them to lose their effectiveness. However, they can be restored by simply placing the squashed VIBRAPOD ISOLATORS on a flat cookie sheet and heating them in an oven at 175° to 200° F ( 80° to 94° C) for 10 minutes; 5 minutes for a convection oven.

Haha, anything that lets me play with a cooker and I'm sold.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #8,347 of 18,905
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #8,348 of 18,905

Fairy snuff, they do seem to be proper thing. Sorry to be a doubter. They do look as if they might make my TT2 a bit more precarious though which isn’t a good idea with a 3yr old grandson around so I will probably stick as I am though.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #8,350 of 18,905
Fairy snuff, they do seem to be proper thing. Sorry to be a doubter. They do look as if they might make my TT2 a bit more precarious though which isn’t a good idea with a 3yr old grandson around so I will probably stick as I am though.

Judging from the pic you posted your TT2 sits on a smallish speaker on the floor which I guess even a three year-old could easily reach and topple?

Not that I have ever planned to put my Qutest or MScaler or any other electronics, and definitely not my amp which weighs in at around100 pounds, on top of my speakers. But they would be very safe from kids. My speakers are tall,almost 2 metres tall.

But why have YOU placed your TT2 on top of a speaker?

Why don't you put it on a table or bench between the two speakers instead?

I doubt your grandchild can be blamed for such a weird place to put a dac/amp as on top of a speaker?
Each to their own, just wondering if we are running out of other possibly more interesting topics here?

Comparing Chord products to other similar products from an SQ perspective, seems like it is being very discouraged.
Haram even it seems?

I wonder why?
Is the competition catching up and sniffing at Chord's heels or "what's up"?

When I finally get to Asia this winter I will definitely audition some possibly interesting new alternatives to lugging an Mscaler and my heavy coral snake BNC cables, around on my travels.

The new FiO M15 PRO DAP allegedly doing 32/768 and with an fpga onboard, could maybe be an alternative to a HUGO 2 or Qutest on their own at least?
And it can store gigabytes of music on mini SD cards as well. Sounds like an excellent idea to me.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #8,351 of 18,905
Thank you for this educational link. It puts into perspective all the reviews available today about presently hyped products.
On a side note 'Vibrapod' sounds like a rather kinky name. :)
Are you thinking this is just hype ?

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #8,353 of 18,905
Judging from the pic you posted your TT2 sits on a smallish speaker on the floor which I guess even a three year-old could easily reach and topple?

Not that I have ever planned to put my Qutest or MScaler or any other electronics, and definitely not my amp which weighs in at around100 pounds, on top of my speakers. But they would be very safe from kids. My speakers are tall,almost 2 metres tall.

But why have YOU placed your TT2 on top of a speaker?

Why don't you put it on a table or bench between the two speakers instead?

I doubt your grandchild can be blamed for such a weird place to put a dac/amp as on top of a speaker?
Each to their own, just wondering if we are running out of other possibly more interesting topics here?

Comparing Chord products to other similar products from an SQ perspective, seems like it is being very discouraged.
Haram even it seems?

I wonder why?
Is the competition catching up and sniffing at Chord's heels or "what's up"?

When I finally get to Asia this winter I will definitely audition some possibly interesting new alternatives to lugging an Mscaler and my heavy coral snake BNC cables, around on my travels.

The new FiO M15 PRO DAP allegedly doing 32/768 and with an fpga onboard, could maybe be an alternative to a HUGO 2 or Qutest on their own at least?
And it can store gigabytes of music on mini SD cards as well. Sounds like an excellent idea to me.
Cheers CC

hi Christer, the TT2 is in my kitchen and the 3 year old knows not to touch any of grandfathers hifi under pain of death but he might accidentally nudge a TT2 off if it was on elevated vibro thingys. The TT2 rubber feet by comparison have a high friction against sliding. My main system in the sitting room has a valve (tube) amp on the floor and again he knows NEVER to even think about even looking at it. His mother, my daughter, grew up with hifi all around the house so maybe that has rubbed off on the grandson.

We all like pictures so this shows there really isn’t anywhere else for it to go. Before the TT2 there was a dac AND an amplifier on top of that speaker and had been for 20 years without mishap.

F246F9BB-CAFA-4844-AB65-B34BDCB6370E.jpeg

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #8,355 of 18,905
Can I just put a lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back